Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I've somehow managed to delete all the channels off of my telly and now Im sitting here staring at a blank screen.
None of the buttons are working to re-scan for all the channels.
Now I'm gong to have to do bloody housework. Gah,
No beer and no TV make Lisa go something, something something...

Most sets have a selection to retune buried under the Menu button.
Select Menu, scroll for something like tuning, select that and an option to "retune" or "force retune" or "automatic tune" should appear.
TIP: find and read the manual for the set first...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11979
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Long queues at check outs!

This time, as I was passing by anyway, I dropped into a Spotlight outlet.
I wanted a Venetian blind, though not urgently, and thought I may as well get it now.
I found what I wanted in the stacks and headed to the checkout.

Lo and behold, there were two operators and a line abut 5 metres long at both.
I leaned my intended purchase against a counter and left...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11979
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Psyber wrote:Long queues at check outs!

The only thing worse than that is when you go to a check out or counter and stand there for what seems like an eternity until one of the lazy employees decide to actually do their job and serve you.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11144
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:35 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Psyber wrote:Long queues at check outs!

The only thing worse than that is when you go to a check out or counter and stand there for what seems like an eternity until one of the lazy employees decide to actually do their job and serve you.


Not everyone moves withe speed of ten Tigers (old jungle saying).

regards,

REB
fkd is what we are
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27070
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1399 times
Been liked: 1586 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm

walkers and runners on shared paths that don't get the KEEP LEFT rule, why do 1/2 of them have to walk on the wrong side straight at oncoming bikes and other pedestrians, surely the little painted bike/person icon with the arrow would be a bit of a hint :roll:
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
User avatar
Ian
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 11444
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 pm
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Ian wrote:walkers and runners on shared paths that don't get the KEEP LEFT rule, why do 1/2 of them have to walk on the wrong side straight at oncoming bikes and other pedestrians, surely the little painted bike/person icon with the arrow would be a bit of a hint :roll:


I yell at them when I'm 30 odd metres away which side I'm going to past. Walkers that take up both lanes really annoy me.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 16069
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:54 pm

heater31 wrote:
Ian wrote:walkers and runners on shared paths that don't get the KEEP LEFT rule, why do 1/2 of them have to walk on the wrong side straight at oncoming bikes and other pedestrians, surely the little painted bike/person icon with the arrow would be a bit of a hint :roll:


I yell at them when I'm 30 odd metres away which side I'm going to past. Walkers that take up both lanes really annoy me.
If they're walking towards me taking up both lanes I just hold my line and pedal harder....................................they move!
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
User avatar
Ian
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 11444
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 pm
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:01 pm

The ****ing magpie just South of the Majors Rd bridge on the Southern Bikeway.

FFS your chick is almost ready to fly and if I wanted to get it I would've got in four weeks ago.

Enough of your swooping you little ****

Bastard got me on the ear three weeks ago and twisted.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16170
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 1222 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Ive noticed that there are a helluva lot more magpies around this year.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26018
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 1993 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 am

Footy Chick wrote:Ive noticed that there are a helluva lot more magpies around this year.

Not more, theyve just lost their home and their identity so they're angry and on the move.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 47376
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1451 times
Been liked: 3153 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:18 am

:lol: Wrong magpies
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26018
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 1993 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Ian wrote:walkers and runners on shared paths that don't get the KEEP LEFT rule, why do 1/2 of them have to walk on the wrong side straight at oncoming bikes and other pedestrians, surely the little painted bike/person icon with the arrow would be a bit of a hint :roll:


Mine is similar to this. I run around a RUNNING track and have to run around dog walkers (when there is a dog park about 2km away) walkers and now Trainers who can use any of the eight lanes but do their shit in lane 1. Our lane is lane 1, PISS OFF!

regards,

REB
fkd is what we are
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27070
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1399 times
Been liked: 1586 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby southee » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 pm

am Bays wrote:The ****ing magpie just South of the Majors Rd bridge on the Southern Bikeway.

FFS your chick is almost ready to fly and if I wanted to get it I would've got in four weeks ago.

Enough of your swooping you little ****

Bastard got me on the ear three weeks ago and twisted.


Yep!!! The Magpies are all heading down South!!! ;)
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
User avatar
southee
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the jungle!!!
Has liked: 810 times
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 am

I hate this new safooty layout!!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11144
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:35 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Psyber wrote:Long queues at check outs!
The only thing worse than that is when you go to a check out or counter and stand there for what seems like an eternity until one of the lazy employees decide to actually do their job and serve you.
Not everyone moves withe speed of ten Tigers (old jungle saying).
regards,
REB

My spitting the dummy paid off!
I dropped in in passing again on Monday and got the same blind 40% off and no queues... :D
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11979
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dissident » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I hate this new safooty layout!!


That's nice. Do you need help finding the door.
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
User avatar
Dissident
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 6398
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:55 am
Location: Adelaide, SA
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 am

The new site has a door? Now that is different.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
User avatar
The Sleeping Giant
Coach
 
Posts: 13693
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Not dying alone
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 am

Dissident wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I hate this new safooty layout!!


That's nice. Do you need help finding the door.


this annoys me a little, someone doesnt like it so you want them to bugger off...

i guess you've got one of those stickers on your car with the aussie flag that says love it or 'bugger' off (in a much nastier term)

granted it's a bit different and takes time to get used to but shoot someone if they disagree, wow...

Maybe PG and others could give some constructive criticism with some ways to enhance the site, and don't just say 'change it back' because that's not constructive!

or is it a dictatorship which won't listen to opinions of the people?!?

whatever though... i couldnt care less...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
User avatar
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:52 pm
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dissident » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

I've had dozens of replies and messages with "shit" or "I hate it". I'm tired of them. Simple as that.

I have NO PROBLEM with people giving constructive criticism and if you look through my posts I've done nothing but listen and take it on board. It's far from "someone not liking it so piss off" at all.

I tested this with moderators and various users for a month. I've tested it myself and made a billion changes and modifications. Late nights a-plenty.

So forgive me if once in a while, I really don't care for someone giving something that isn't constructive.
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
User avatar
Dissident
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 6398
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:55 am
Location: Adelaide, SA
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

As far as I'm concerned if the users don't like it, Diss has every right to tell them to piss off..

A bigger bunch of ungrateful little whingers I have never met in my life.

You are whinging about something that is free for you to use. Despite the ever increasing cost of maintaining the webspace needed to keep this place running, no one has been asked to cotribute towards it by membership fee.

Does anyone email Facebook to tell them their changes are crap?

Didn't think so.

So I'm not quite sure why you all think you have the right to dictate what this page should look like here or tell our I.T nerd guru that a page he's spent hundreds of hours on for YOUR benefit is crap - because you don't have that right. DIss has been open enough to take what constructive feedback he has on so that EVERYONE can enjoy this site.

and what pisses me off even more is that most of the people whinging barely have 1000 posts to their name, or have only recently joined. You know what? Try looking at the same page for 8 friggin years and then getting used to a new page, like several of us are.

Seriously, unless you can all be constructive and make suggestions as what you'd like to see, I'll help Diss hold the ******* door open...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26018
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 1993 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests