Search found more than 2066 matches

Return

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

wristwatcher wrote:He is not the biggest Spud but he is the most over rated...Troy Chaplin. He is getting an absolute bake on the Sunday footy show.

It is very rare I dislike one of the team I support but he used to shit me to tears as a Port player.

Couldn't agree anymore. Ditto with Pearce
by carey
Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Really for the life of me can't understand how people have picked the Saturday afternoon time slot as it's preferred. Crows supporters I can understand as generally they are an older fan base but putting games up against local footy both SANFL and Amateurs not to mention country footy just seem ridiculous to me. I was only present at the Brisbane game as I am currently injured otherwise I wouldn't of been there.

I won't be at Saturday afternoon games or any game that Hitchcock plays in I just can't watch a guy play AFL that I'm a better player than!
by carey
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5 already and what goes with it

The Dark Knight wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing a second effort from Lindsay Thomas.

Collingwood are well on top here, need to make it count on the scoreboard though and put North away.

Lindsay Thomas is in my all star Kenny side
by carey
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
carey wrote:Lindsay Thomas is in my all star Kenny side

We were shit, including LT today, but that is a dumb, dumb comment.

I think his up there with the most overrated players ever!

Can not stand him.
by carey
Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Do people on here actually believe Tuck is on 50k a year F**k me are you blokes serious? :roll:
by carey
Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should get life for wearing that jumper and 3 weeks on top for the bump...
by carey
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

I always thought it was an unwritten law out of sheer respect there should be no game starting before midday lack of respect if you ask me..
by carey
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Glad this thread is now unlocked I can say how much of a great game it was on Anzac Day between Lockleys and Central United. Units really stood up after losing Woody at the start of the 2nd term to what I must say I thought a ridiculous decision but hey we've laid with dogs for that long you do catch fleas, we live and learn, we move on.

Great game of footy.
by carey
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

downspine wrote:With all the hype around Gaza pre season
results suggest haven't lived up to expectations
New Coach..........How's he going
New Players............how they going
Returning players............how they going

Sorry mods

There going fantastic great guns
by carey
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Max Klinger Leaves For WA

Did anyone hear Jamie Cox on the radio this morning? Totally different to the stories I've read in here.

Care to elaborate? Not sure why you didn't in your first post!

I just couldn't be bothered lol

In a nut shell Cox stated that Maxy asked for release if the SACA couldn't match the 2 year deal that Western Australia had offered. He wanted a 2 year deal as he still aspires to play one day cricket for Australia. He also said it wasn't about money just for higher honours. In terms of guaranteeing selection Maxy was informed no one is guaranteed a spot, form determines the starting line up.

Cox also stated that there was no ill feeling what so ever and even ended with a handshake so I guess someone isn't telling the whole story.

I think Maxy was great for us but as stated many times his 32 the future is in the young lads so I wish Klinger all the best at WA except against SA
by carey
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ventured out to the Rosewater v MLFC Anzac Day clash for a bit of a look. Lakes jumped out of the blocks brilliantly and were all over them for the 1st quarter and a half until the the Dogs machine finally kicked in. When they started to gel and get their running/spread/switch game going it was hard for Lakes (only 1 goal after half time) to peg them back. Rosewater aren't that tall (Schar didn't play) and have a lot of class in the midfield which obviously feed Williams well, they're a very good outfit but are very beatable IMO. Who will beat them though? Time will tell I guess if anyone will but it is a long season.

That was nice of you to grace grass roots footy with presence lol :lol:

Were you there to sign guernseys, boots or just to attract a bigger crowd? ;)
by carey
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Groover wrote:The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?

The real question to your real question is apart from @carey who wants to win a box of red tins? :vom:

Everyone :lol:
by carey
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst Grounds you have watched footy at

Adelaide Oval-

Ok totally bias but love it. Especially seeing it under lights on the weekend it almost feels like we now live in a city not a big country town Adelaide is actually alive.......(honourable mention to MCG & Etihad :oops: ;) )

Footy Park-

No piss at your seat :roll: stuck in the 70's
by carey
Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3-4 cracking games this week and were wasting our time dribbling about points players and old scholars
by carey
Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of shit the last 3 pages are. The system won't change get over it :roll:
by carey
Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

Ruben Carter wrote:1 Boak 2 Wingard 3 Ebert 4 R Gray 5 Shultz. Apologies to Hartlett, Lobbe,Trengove,Polek,Cornes,.....

I think right at the moment Lobbe is our most important player as we just don't have the Ruck depth to cover him right at the moment.
by carey
Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

bennymacca wrote:Go jump in front of a bus.

You mean the bus all your supporters were on whilst there was about 6 mins to go? :roll:
by carey
Sat May 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Melbourne beating Adelaide.
by carey
Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must've missed the day Lynch turned in to Gary Ablett :roll:
by carey
Sun May 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

West End Draught. Can't go wrong
by carey
Sat May 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2014

carey wrote:Booing Ablett is pretty poor form from the Roos fans.

Maybe they are booing him as they've just realised his single handedly better than the Roos whole midfield....

You don't boo champions
by carey
Sun May 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

twitter saying viney has been found guilty, and they are discussing the appropriate penalty

The Game is slowly turning to shit.

I watched the 1989 grand final the other day and what a game that was. Yet if it was played today there would be 2,396 games suspension 2 would probably get life!

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
by carey
Tue May 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The direction the AFL is taken the greatest game in the world makes me very sad.
by carey
Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

Um no it wouldn't. Protest doesn't have to be disruptive, it just has to bring attention to the issue so that it gets talked about.

The AFLPA should also get involved here

I think the point that WHUFC is trying to make is the AFL couldn't care less about anything other than money so unless any action taken hurts the hip pocket they couldn't give a rats!

I tend to agree.
by carey
Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

F**kwits on the road that as soon as it rains think the speed limit drops to 30km an hour! Here's some advice if you don't like driving in the rain stay of the F**king road you F**king brain dead F**king idiots! :twisted:
by carey
Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - live scores, results and chin wagging.

Geez Shaun Burgoyne is such an underrated player he was my favourite Port player and still going strong.
by carey
Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

I'm not so sure that Goodes is in Sydney's 5 most important players any longer.

As stupid as it sounds I think Ted Richards should be in there very rarely beaten.
by carey
Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

If Port win, it will be by a goal or 2.

Freo look very, very good to half time, I think they'll win by about 4 goals, although Port not without a chance at all if they lift.

I thought we were shit house for the first 3 1/4's. Granted Freos pressure was very good but I thought our last 1/4 was outstanding.

Hinkleys move initially to rest Lobbe and effectively give him 2 weeks rest knowing we'd lose hit outs regardless was very smart although I believe the move to sub out Renouf and throw Trengrove in the ruck was a great move and went a long way to the result. But also highlights the importance of Lobbe.

Wingard was awesome and that mark! Wish he kicked the goal tho. Robbie Grays 2nd half was awesome, Boak worked hard, Mitchell runs and runs, Carlile was outstanding on Pav as was Impey on that little pest I'm also getting more and more impressed with Hombesh each game he plays. Is it just me or does Pittard look to second guess himself every time he gets the ball? I'm always nervous when the ball is in his hands although he plays in front of O'Shea everyday of the week.

I guess we really haven't strung together a full 4 1/4 effort at all this year slow starts against Geelong, GWS and Brissy we let the Crows in the front in the 3rd term, The roos in the last and then today's first 3 1/4's but hey were 7 and 1 we'll take that any day of the week.
by carey
Sat May 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Purple monkey dishwasher
by carey
Fri May 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

So I've just had the realty check of getting on the scales I'm shocked! Quite a few people over the last few weeks have said wow you've but on weight, gee what have you been eating Etc Etc I didn't think anything of it but since my knee op about a month ago I've done no exercise what so ever but I didn't realise how much weight I'd put on. I'm currently around the 115 mark :shock: :oops:

So I'm effectively starting 'health kick' slash 'Diet' tomorrow. I've been cleared to run straight lines so I'm looking to get back to around the 90kg which is about right for my height of 186cm

I'm a shocker for Coke, Chocolate and Beer this isn't going to be easy!

Anyone have any suggestions for smokos and Lunch? I don't eat breakfast but have been told I should I've also brought a box of Optislim but have also been advised I should eat something with the shakes as well.

I haven't even started and it seems hard. But I have to do this.
by carey
Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bugger that's no good for Trav his a pretty handy player as well. Mawsons don't need that preseason 2nd favourites now may struggle to make the 5!

BRING BACK THE RIDDLE the chants will be crying!!!!!!!!

WE WONT GEOFF...............

Give us our Richard Chee Quee
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

More Craig Taylor talk please. :lol:
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe this site doesn't allow personal attacks PG. :lol:
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beeroclock wrote:
carey wrote:Well after reading all this who the F**k is Rosewater? It's Ingle Farms Cup for the taking! 8)

Shite stirrer.
Grow up.

I'm 6ft 2 mate I'm happy with that.
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep him banned past Saturday so he can't put his tips in! Lol :lol:
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Bounce of the ball wrote:Who cares but I hope South win but I doubt it. Regardless what a great opening post.

Lets hope some port supporters get to the game as well. I mean , they are the die hards and all.

Tissue mate?
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Actually Damien Barrett this year predicted Port to finish 12th and said they were overrated and that Port could've and should've done better than Wines and that McRae from the Bulldogs was a far better option :roll:

F**king idiot.

**note** I do rate McRae but I'd take Wines everyday of the week.

In summery Barrett is a F**kwit.
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Phantom,

Just a quick one for you................ Oh Hang on that's right LOL =)) =)) =))
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Thanks Heater! Lol

2 days in and No chocolate, Coke or Beer so far.

Ran 12 laps at training tonight knee pulled up well (so far [-o< [-o< [-o< ) I iced up for 20mins after so hopefully tomorrow morning it's still a good size as it's my first run after the op

How's the ankle?
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Who cares but I hope South win but I doubt it. Regardless what a great opening post.

Lets hope some port supporters get to the game as well. I mean , they are the die hards and all.

Tissue mate? Perfect example of the dismissiveness of any scrutiny of the poor crowds the Power reserves have got this year, or the reserves set up in general. You ask a valid question, they pull this 'tissue' bullshit.

What part of that was a valid question?
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no idea what people see in CEY his shit.

It amazes me how Grigg isn't in every week. I rate him 10 times the player CEY is. He is like Hitchcock for us a list clogger!
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Watcher, I just brought a really soggy Franger you don't know anything about that do you? Lol ;)
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope so GWW

But I actually have a funny feeling the Crows might actually go alright tonight. I have no idea why I just think they will go ok. Collingwood's form has been outstanding, Tex will go either crazy and kick 5-6 goals or be a nervous as a 6 year old at Ralph Harris house and no do much at all.

Speaking of the Pies I'm currently working at the convention centre and the Pies are staying next door at the intercontental Bucks has just been for his morning run and the man is a tank! Still looks Fit enough to play with ease.
by carey
Thu May 15, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Mario wrote:Have association squads been selected?

T.Stribling

That's the squad ;)
by carey
Thu May 15, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

REB's Birthday

Ladies and Gents,

The great man celebrates his birthday today I think we can all agree he does an outstanding job on the Fantasy Footy front so Happy Birthday REB may the Cats get over Freo in the west for you!
by carey
Wed May 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

bennymacca wrote:Jpod played a gun game. Was everywhere. Smith, danger, sloane all great.
Awesome first game by Cameron too.

My best for the crows in order would be ;

Danger
Keefe
Cloke
Jenkins
Smith
Goldsack
JPod
by carey
Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: List Managment wishlist

The reason you wouldn't put Van Berlo on the table is no one would want him.
by carey
Fri May 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toby Greene's Monday Night.

My god unless there's more to it than the footage shown on the footy show you've got to be kidding me with all them charges! That was a normal Saturday night at Paralowie Footy club
by carey
Thu May 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.

I liked it lol :lol:

Wish I was down there.

Excuse my ignorance but have Lonsdale won a game? I'm guessing they haven't and Aldinga might've won anyone but if they do now Crawford will be deemed the hero?

Good for the club never the less.
by carey
Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |