Search found 396 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 5. The footy Marathon begins.

Some of tthe umpiring has been very puzzling today. Twice Sicily caught in possession and the umpire allowed him to step over boundary line. If it's not holding the ball, surely it's deliberate. BTW, why are the Hawks supporters booing Ablett.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

Good win by Port tonight .... 4 points is 4 points. Had control of the game for most of the night. Not too fussed about North kicking the last 5 goals. It stops Port getting ahead of themselves and gives Ken something for them to work on. Power's rookies have been terrific, but not sure about some of their celebrations. Hopefully they can take it up to Collingwood next week.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

TTG 13.10 d Adelaide Uni 12.8. Very courageous effort by Gullies after being swamped by ROCS last week.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like Jolly had eyes on the ball. He ran head first himself, didn’t turn and bump. Good decision not to card in my view. Princes flog deserved a card. It’s quite obvious he only went Jolly because he was on his knees and wouldn’t say boo if the big fella was standing up. No problems with Jolly standing the mark either. Didn’t really get in the way.
Looking at the footage, that seems a fair assessment. Both Latchford and Jolly had their heads down and were both going for the footy. Jolly catches Latchord high, free kick to PAOC. Latchford's brother comes in and takes Jolly high and is rightly given a yellow. What I don't understand is why the free kick wasn't over turned and given to PNU.
Can't see Jolly having a case to answer there.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Plenty of scrutiny of the Aussies on here, but we are going along very nicely at this stage and I can't imagine any of the other teams being all that thrilled about having to play us in a Semi or the GF. Just need to make sure they peak when it counts.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huge game tonight. Gee the Poms must getting a little nervous at the prospect of not making the knockout stage. Aussies have a great record at Lords over the years and I'm sure they'll be up for the fight. At least all the players in the Australian team are Aussies.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:There was two there

Disagree .... dumb by Stoinis
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you don't mind!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Comical missed stumping off Kohli :roll:
Had 2 goes at it and still F*****D it up :roll:

And then the umpires call for a review despite the bails NOT even being removed :shock: :shock:

What the hell is going on in the world of sport with reviews after yet another AFL blunder tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:
Crazy things happen when the sun shines in Manchester ..... doesn't happen very often.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep agree, Stokes got them back on track after the Poms stalled during the middle overs

Its funny if you look at stats stokes isnt that good but hes the guy that always steps up when we are down. Hes the one guy on our team that thrives off the pressure, where as he can be bloody ordinary when the stakes aren't that high in a standard one day series.
He is one of my favourite cricketers, one of the most if not the most dynamic player in the world. He can do it all, always contributes with either bat, ball or in the field and would slide straight into any other international team. Always up for the fight and takes the game and opposition on.
One of the best cricketers ever produced by New Zealand
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If a players comes back on early and doesn't kick a goal, would anyone know?
Possibly not and that's the issue. I don't believe the fact that he kicked a goal is relevant. One could argue that the player who replaced him could have kicked the goal. If Port Districts are to be penalised I don't believe taking the goal off them is an appropriate penalty.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well well, game on here with the two guns gone
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point. The Indian bowlers got plenty of assistance and batting was not easy, even for guys like Williamson and Taylor. I'm not seeing the Kiwi bowlers getting anything more out of the pitch than what their Indian counterparts got.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might be the weather forecast for today isn't flash either, but why did the Kiwis elect to Bat first?
I don't think you can be critical of the Kiwis deciding to bat first. Teams batting first have dominated and all the experts who looked at the pitch thought it would play the same as the pitch in the South Africa v Australia game. Williamson thought the same, so he batted first. Wasn't to be and it was obviously difficult to bat on. As they say, you shouldn't judge a pitch until both teams have batted on it.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a great knock that was.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whoever wins tomorrow will win the Cup.
Kiwis are bog average

Whoever wins tomorrow will definitely start warm favorites but not sure how you derive at calling a team that makes a WC Final bog average? :? Very little depth with both bat and ball. Too reliant on 4 or 5 players.

I'm still not sure how they defended such a poor total. A couple of their passengers are sure to go for 8 or 9 an over on Sunday assuming conditions are better in London.
I agree they don't have the depth of either Australia or England, but sometimes you only need 4 or 5 players to have good games. The balll will swing early at Lords and Boult is capable of knocking over the top order. They will not start favourites, but they are in it and have potentially 2 extra days rest than their opponent. They have to be given some chance.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:[*]
Jim05 wrote:What a shock, Finch is a joke

Not prepared to give the bowler any credit?

How many friggin times is Finch going to be dismissed in the same manner. And then to selfishly review it was a disgrace.

In this world cup, not many. He's made more 500 runs, but that's ok, hang shit on him.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finch choked big time.

Jesus, if getting a good one first ball is choking you're watching a different game to me.
I think it’s more the fact that he has been dismissed dozens of times in the past in the same manner.
He should be sacked just for the review alone

Imagine an opener getting out LBW..... :lol:

Wasn't the review "Umpires call" and only just clipping the stumps?
No, it was hitting the stumps, which is why we lost our review. I'm less critical of his review than Jim05. The umpire did take a while to give it out and Finch may have thought he got some bat on ball, when his bat hit his pad. At the end of the day the lost review didn't cost Australia anything. On the other hand, Johnny Bairstow's review. Not only was it a worse review than Finch, it cost Englan Roy's wicket and it could have cost Roy a spot in the GF as he spat the dummy. So, Jim05 are you sacking everyone who does an unsuccessful review.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finch choked big time.

Jesus, if getting a good one first ball is choking you're watching a different game to me.

Nope but having a glaring issue that had supposedly been rectified return in the biggest game of the last four years is!

Pressure got to him and he slipped straight back into his old habit of not getting his hands out in front of his pad!

Definition of CHOKE in cricket!
Well I'm giving all the credit to Archer. Perfect delivery. Finch was in great form in the lead up to the World cup and scored 507 runs in the tournament. Every bowler in world cricket knows Finch is an LBW candidate early in his innings, but until last night no other right arm quick has been able to get him out that way in this tournament. Well bowled Archer.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When EG were 4/152 [37.3] the commentator had this to say
" Our producer has a sense of humour , he just reminded us to remind everybody out there that there will be a super over should this game end in a tie."
How prophetic that statement end up

Super Over
EG.... 3-1-4-1-2-4 [15]
NZ ...WIDE-2-6-2-2-1-1 [15]

Both sides finish on 0/15
This is the rule if there is a super over tie
* If the super over is tied, the team hitting more boundaries in their innings and the super over win.*

So
Is it the team scoring most boundaries in their 50 overs + the super over wins ?
OR
Just the side that scores more boundaries in the super over wins

Either way, its a bit unfair to NZ
Perhaps in years to come NZ will be awarded a retrospective World Cup

A solution would be
Play another super over
That part was clear. It was the total boundaries in the match = 50 overs plus the super over. I agree with what someone said earlier. The super over is designed for T20. It's not suitable for World Cup one dayers. If you are going to a super over then keep having them until you get a result.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Overthrow - under the laws its 5, but has always been applied as 6. This is a case of the evolution of the game getting ahead of the bylaws. 100 years ago batsmen wouldn't take on the fielder like they do these days. I expect this rule to be updated slightly to take the modern cricket into account, just like they did with grounding your bat and running past the stumps. (TV slow mo shows both feet off the ground in a normal running position, but now you can't be given run out anymore after they updated the law).

Superover - great spectacle, nothing wrong with using it to finish the game. The boundaries hit 2ndary tie-breaker is a bit annoying. I'd prefer wickets lost to be used if they want a tie-breaker. Ultimately I'd like to see a tie after the superover to simply be a tie. The rules for CWC19 were if both days of the final were washed out, the cup would be shared, so why not share it after a double-tie.

Umpires - I thought they were fairly poor. 4 decisions overturned from memory, and would have been another had NZ still had a review available for Ross Taylor.

Santner - massively under-bowled in the final. Not sure why. Perhaps it was punishment for ducking the last ball and not even trying to run a bye. You can look back on a game like this and think what if this and that, but for mine, this (not trying to score on the last ball) was the moment that should be questioned the most.
Re: overthrows. Surely umpires are duty bound to umpire to the laws of cricket. There should not be room for any interpretation. It's black and white. If they hadn't crossed when Guptill released the throw, it's 5, Stokes not on strike and a massive blunder by the umpires. If they had crossed, then it's 6, Stokes on strike and the umpires got it right. I still haven't seen any conclusive footage that shows whether they had crossed or not when Guptill released the throw.

You will now, pause at 0:45:
n6WupnbUhNw
Cheers .... that's pretty clear cut.
It's good that Simon Taufell has acknowledged they got it wrong. I accept the umpires have a lot on their plate, but they also have the use of technology, which they failed to use. Credit to Kane Williamson and the other black caps for the way they have accepted this loss. I can't imagine the reaction if India were in New Zealands' shoes.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
mal wrote:Did they use new balls for the super over, or continue with the balls used in the 50 overs ?

It looked like each bowler chose a ball from their 2nd hand box

We should of given the Kiwis our 2nd hand box, there would be some coarse balls in there.

.... but, they are red ones.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

Jim05 wrote:Snelling and possibly Zerk-Thatcher to debut for the club this week

If Snelling plays, is he the 5th player from mid season draft to get a game?
Gardner
Dunkley
Noble
Sutcliffe?
Snelling
Not bad considering many didn't think any of the draftees would get a game.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:perhaps we should try Ellyse Perry in the number 6 spot :D

Someone has to always take it too far :)

I wish some of bats had her technique and temperament.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When are these ******* umpires going to realise Broad cannot hit the ******* stumps if he is bowling around the wicket unless he straightens it .... which he isn't. Disgraceful.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 2019/20

Looks like Aaron Mooy is going to join Brighton & Hove Albion on a 12 month loan. Good that he is staying in EPL.

Pity he ended up at that shit-hole.
I'm hoping our Saints fare a lot better this season and push for a top 10 spot. They will benefit from having a pre season under Ralph and we should see a high energy, high pressing, attacking game style. Ings is fit, Che Adams looks the goods and along with Redmond up front, we should see a lot more goals. Still a little concerned by our defence and their ability to allow opposition to score soft goals. Hopefully we can get a result at Burnley tonight.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 2019/20

Very disappointing start for Saints with more calamity at the back allowing Burnley 3 goals in 12 minutes. Maybe Yoshida should have played?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Hazlewood is in

Tom Morris reporting that Hazlewood is in, so Starc must still be a chance
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BTW .... this is the first time there has been an Archer at Lords since the 2012 Olympics
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Absolutely pathetic by Australia today

Give the Poms some credit, they have bowled very well
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Booney wrote:Stephensons ban apparently ends Friday night so he can play VFL Saturday.

Do they do same game multis on VFL games?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WTF is wrong with captains these days wanting to field 1st?
Australia batting 1st get 300 + they are home and hosed
England may still win but electing to field 1st is so negative and they deserve to lose True but this is not Lords. On this deck Broad and Woakes could cut us up early. Forget about archer the big threat in these conditions is Broad and Woakes.

All I have heard is Archer this and Archer that. Look don't get me wrong as he is an exciting talent, but honestly Broad has been the pick of the bowlers for mine. He's a real danger on this deck.

Don't take your eye of those 2 or look out.
Agree .... Aussies need to hang tuff and hope the cloud cover goes away.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing single handed performance

But i will say again... for as good a bowler that Lyon is I reckon he lets us down many times in 4th innings when lesser spinners prevail. And then the missed runout...
That's a little unfair on Lyon .... he had Stokes out LBW. Yes he butchered the run out, but he didn't waste the review.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tim Paine talking to Tubby Taylor
Couldn't believe Lyon's LBW wasnt given, even suggested it should've been given because England had reviews left. Didn't mention his stupid review that they lost, but later mentiioned he regretted that decision, saying "....clearly I need my eyes tested because I thought it was out"
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Eddie Betts been cut

Been offered a 3 year deal by Freo as a player/coach apparently.

Good luck to him if that's true he was a champion player at the club but it's time for him and others to move on now.

Ive heard the same
Surely the new Freo coach would want to have a say on who the club offers coaching contracts to?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

I'm surprised Dusty missed out. Had a relatively slow start to the year, but his second half of the season has been outstanding and he was the best player in the comp during this time. He'll no doubt take it out on the Lions.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Harris drives down the ground for 2, Leach chases it down and casually throws the ball back to the bowlers end Right handed! Ambidextrous.

Bowls left, but throws right handed. I know a few guys that do that.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan Lyon must be getting excited .... dry pitch that will turn more and more and Starc to rough it up for Englands right handers
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:Peter Overton was an inspired selection, hasn't shown a lot.

Hang out, he got Labuschagne out with a good one. If not for him we'd be 2 for 260.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Uh oh Smith into the 140s
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda

If they can get Hannebery, Jack Steele and the other defender that has had concussion issues ( can’t think of his name, has long hair) back and firing as well as Brad Hill in the trade period they will improve

Haven’t got much from Carlisle either. The times I’ve seen the Saints this year have been very impressed with Wilkie.
Wilkie had an outstanding year. Picked up as a mature age rookie and played every game (I think) to be 7th in their B&F. Was hampered by injury as a junior which is why he wasn't picked up until he turned 22.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

I get that everybody hates Toby Greene, but I don't get the one match suspension. Surely you penalise the act, not the personality. Maybe I need to look more closely, but it seemed that what Greene did to Neale was less severe that what he did to the Bont last week. If I've missed something and he has made unreasonable contact with Neale's eyes, well that's eye gouging isn't it? If he didn't make contact with his eyes, it's a fine. If he did, surely it's 4 or 5 weeks, not 1.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

If Greene is charged with making unreasonable with Neales's eyes and Neale says he didn't make contact with his eyes and there's no conclusive footage, how can he get a game. Acting like an arrogant knob is not a suspendable offence.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

woodublieve12 wrote:Stephen Coniglio has ruled himself out

He's all class
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Front Bar was excellent last night.

Sam Pang was winding Gil up "I better be careful, one call to Peter Dutton and you can have me deported" :lol:

Even Gil couldn't stop laughing.

These guys make it look effortless which is why it's a good show. Don't understand why some people dislike Maher, I think he's quite entertaining in his own way when he's not keeping Mick and Sam in line. The guests that get on compliment the show perfectly, not your usual "yeah, nah" type you see on other sports shows.
The song at the end about Andy Maher was gold.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Handscomb is a disgrace, but surely the curator needs to be held to account ss well. In 2018 the MCG test pitch was rated as poor because the state of the pitch didn't change, resulting in a boring draw. I assume the same crew is responsible for the Junction Oval. Cricket Australia should take action to ensure it doesn't happen again. Surely it's not that hard to produce a sporting pitch?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Excellent game of cricket at Rowe Park yesterday with Ingle Farm winning by 2 wickets after passing Grange's modest total of 129 with 2 balls to spare. Grange won the toss and batted first. Ingle Farm bowled pretty well, but the game was evenly poised at drinks with Grange at 3 for 60 ... all three wickets the result of poor shots. Grange would have been looking to lift the run rate after drinks, but they faced some very good bowling from Kamburugamuwa and Barber and were reduced to 9 for 90 before some lusty hitting for the last wicket got the score up to 129. Ingle Farm got off to a shaky start, losing both openers cheaply to great catches. Grange were bowling with great discipline, combined with McDermott at the stumps and solid fielding, Ingle Farm were under enormous pressure and struggled to 6 for 48. All looked lost for the Farmers, but Raza rescued the situation with a fine 60. When he was dismissed with 7 balls to go Ingle Farm only need 3 runs to win, which they got with two balls to spare.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Tony Clifton wrote:Jordan Thomas?

Reckon he was a Port Districts junior

Heading back to your home club perhaps a bit different to a 'ring in' but as long as the rules are the same for all clubs should be ok

Is there a maximum number that can be brought in?

Clubs can only have one Dual Registerred player in a game.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |