Labor keep hiring from the dodgy unions?

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Labor keep hiring from the dodgy unions?

Postby southee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

straight talker wrote:yes i certainly am. I was myself on one amongst others and we didnt have a problem with them. Certainly less trouble for both companies and there employees,less strikes,less workers going to court etc:

Agreed....the system works well.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Bat Pad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Having the amount set at 100 employees for wrongful dismissal exemption was way too high.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Psyber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Bat Pad wrote:Having the amount set at 100 employees for wrongful dismissal exemption was way too high.
I agreed that exemption from the prolonged process of warnings before an employee could be dismissed was important for small business.
But I thought the number that counted as that was too high, and I lobbied a few MPs about it.
I don't recall for sure, now, whether that figure was 100 - I remember 60 being kicked around at one stage.
But I thought about 10 to 15 would have been a reasonable range for the exemption.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby dedja » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

southee wrote:
straight talker wrote:yes i certainly am. I was myself on one amongst others and we didnt have a problem with them. Certainly less trouble for both companies and there employees,less strikes,less workers going to court etc:

No it doesn't.

I had a situation under those laws a few years back where I had a dispute with my employer and because I earn over the $100K threshold I basically had no protection.

In the end I had to engage a solicitor and threaten to sue for defamation before I could negotiate a satisfactory outcome and protect my rights. If the issue went through the industrial courts then they would have thrown the book at that employer.

I don't want a system that is unfairly baised to the employer, just as I don't want a system that is unfairly baised to the employee ... which ironically is what happens in my current role where the 35 staff I have are on a very, very generous EB agreement which absolutely hamstrings my ability to manage the workforce in a semsib;e
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby straight talker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm

dedja wrote:
southee wrote:

No it doesn't.

I had a situation under those laws a few years back where I had a dispute with my employer and because I earn over the $100K threshold I basically had no protection.

In the end I had to engage a solicitor and threaten to sue for defamation before I could negotiate a satisfactory outcome and protect my rights. If the issue went through the industrial courts then they would have thrown the book at that employer.

I don't want a system that is unfairly baised to the employer, just as I don't want a system that is unfairly baised to the employee ... which ironically is what happens in my current role where the 35 staff I have are on a very, very generous EB agreement which absolutely hamstrings my ability to manage the workforce in a semsib;e

so it would be better for you if they were on workchoices then?? As im sure they could and would be on good money under workchoices..
straight talker

Postby dedja » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:47 pm

no ...
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 pm

dedja wrote:no ...

If these other rules workers are under are so good and better than workchoices why are you so hamstrung?? Any one have any thoughts on the dodgy labor fellow who had been spending up big time with his card now that even more info has come to light about his antics?
straight talker

Postby dedja » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Workchoices is dead baby, workchoices is dead ...

dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

yes so they say its just called fair work or something along those lines now isnt it?Any way no comments from any one in regards to mr Thomson?? :oops: :oops:
straight talker

Postby Sojourner » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Is it worth pointing out that the ALP never scrapped Work Choices but rather just removed some of the aspects of it? Plenty of work choices legislation still remains and has never been reversed by the ALP, who clearly endorse it.
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Sojourner wrote:Is it worth pointing out that the ALP never scrapped Work Choices but rather just removed some of the aspects of it?

That's true ...
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm

oh BUT WE WILL RIP THEM ALL UP!!?? they are dead... :oops: :oops: :oops:
straight talker

Postby straight talker » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm

straight talker wrote:oh BUT WE WILL RIP THEM ALL UP!!?? they are dead... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh fair work australia are real good are they not. DODGY thomson has been under investigation for how long?? How much more proof do they need??????? :oops: :oops:
straight talker

Postby GWW » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Does it give you more credibility quoting your own post?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby straight talker » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm

GWW wrote:Does it give you more credibility quoting your own post?

sorry gww does it upset you? I forgot to write my last comment when i hit the send button. im so sorry. i hope you are not being sarcastic? please keep your posts relevant to previous comments!! :lol: :lol: :oops:
straight talker

Postby cripple » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Just like how you have started your own thread ST about Labor hiring from dodgy unions, managed to keep on track for 1/2 a page and then go off attacking Thomson and his hookers after a dig at workchoices. Ironically it looks as though it will be Thomson's own union (health workers union or something) that will provide any evidence to get him in real trouble. Maybe you could change the title of your thread "Unions helping ruin Gillard" or something similar.
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 pm

The only reason this Thomson stuff ever came to light a few years ago was because it was a s__t sheet leaked by a rival in the HSU.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby straight talker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:52 am

oh well a person like him shouldnt be doing the stuff he was doing at the end of the day! :oops:
straight talker

Postby straight talker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:53 am

cripple wrote:Just like how you have started your own thread ST about Labor hiring from dodgy unions, managed to keep on track for 1/2 a page and then go off attacking Thomson and his hookers after a dig at workchoices. Ironically it looks as though it will be Thomson's own union (health workers union or something) that will provide any evidence to get him in real trouble. Maybe you could change the title of your thread "Unions helping ruin Gillard" or something similar.

It was tongue in cheek there cripple i dont get upset about anyones posts its all in good fun. :lol:
straight talker

Postby scoob » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/polic ... 1jd2k.html

Unions living up to their bullying tactics or just a misplaced gardening tool?
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics