Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:56 am

It has been the extreme left that has brought about the rise of Hansen and then Trump. It will also fuel Corey in this a case aswell, not directly of course but in the same way the average person has just had enough of the left wing going nuts. It is literally giving rise to the far right but what wold happen if you told a lefty this?

I'll tell you, they'll just shout louder.

Hence the rise of the conservative right and far right.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:30 am

stan wrote:It has been the extreme left that has brought about the rise of Hansen and then Trump. It will also fuel Corey in this a case aswell, not directly of course but in the same way the average person has just had enough of the left wing going nuts. It is literally giving rise to the far right but what wold happen if you told a lefty this?

It's not just the far right who have brought in Brexit and Trump
It's middle of the road who are sick of having PC crap forced down their necks by the oligarchy whilst they feather their own nests
At least Cory made his own money before getting into politics
But you are right, the "tolerant" left wont tolerate being challenged as we can see in both UK and US
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:It has been the extreme left that has brought about the rise of Hansen and then Trump. It will also fuel Corey in this a case aswell, not directly of course but in the same way the average person has just had enough of the left wing going nuts. It is literally giving rise to the far right but what wold happen if you told a lefty this?

It's not just the far right who have brought in Brexit and Trump
It's middle of the road who are sick of having PC crap forced down their necks by the oligarchy whilst they feather their own nests
At least Cory made his own money before getting into politics
But you are right, the "tolerant" left wont tolerate being challenged as we can see in both UK and US

Exactly right the "Tolerant left". Honestly I really feel I'm not racist or homophobic and feel like generally I am not a total bastard. But if I don't agree with the Lefty views then I must be all of the above. Its honestly out of control.

For example, the Adam Goodes debate. Now I would have thought we could all have at least talked through all sides of the argument, but was as simply as this. You were either with Adam or you were racist. All I wanted to was to discuss the issue at least, but nope no chance and I'm not referring to the discussion on this site by the way, actual real life discussions. It just couldn't happen.

Seems the term First Seek to understand is thrown out the window the greens are up and about.

And you know what, I'm like a few others just tired of it that I am keen to hear what Corey has to say. That doesn't make me racist, a bigot, sexist or whatever else. I am now interested in listening.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:33 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I only heard about Corey's potential new party for the first time last week...
Clearly he has been doing the numbers and thinks it's worthwhile, for the long term.
If anything it's also a big **** to Turnbull and his fans.
I'm not necessarily a fan of Corey, but I would vote for him over Turnbull. You know where you stand with Corey, Turnbull puts everything on the table for reform and then when there is a backlash against changes he slowly takes it off the table and we are back to where it started and nothing happens.
I think Corey and Pauline probably took a lot out of Trump's victory in the us and can see a political future with that style of politics, even though Pauline was voted in before Trump, that may have just been the rebel vote against the major parties then.

Interesting times.

The irony is, Corey, Christensen and others are precisely the ones that have put Turnbull between a rock and a hard place and not allowed him to put his agenda forth, as it doesnt even have the backing of some elements of his party.

Splitting off the far right from the Libs might even be a good thing for them - it would force them to negotiate with labor more as the far right will have the freedom to oppose anything more moderate - and we may get something towards centrist pragmatism that I wish we had.

stan wrote:
Seems the term First Seek to understand is thrown out the window the greens are up and about.

hardly just the bastion of the left - the alt right movement is all about intolerance under the guise of breaking down "political correctness" (just to be clear I am not sticking up for the greens here, but surely you realise that this is a problem on both sides - discourse has polarised recently, which is for the worse.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Heard some very interesting comments about the current state of politics and the role the media has played, particularly social media.

One of the assumed baselines in the past is that everyone had the same knowledge base - everyone read the same papers, or watched the TV to get their news. Then they decided which way to vote

With the rise of social media however, we increasingly get our news from a circle of people/sites/groups that we associate with - and the article that a right wing site puts out is very different to a left wing site, even if its talking about the same content.

That combined with the clickbait style headlines, and the increasing use of opinion as a substitute for straight reporting of the facts has lead to two groups with very different ideas on what the "facts" are, and this is part of the reason why discourse has become more polarised.

This person was talking about a US context but I think it is starting to apply here - especially if the right splinters off and forms their own party
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Yes, it's the age of misinformation.

They need to teach Critical Thinking in schools.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I only heard about Corey's potential new party for the first time last week...
Clearly he has been doing the numbers and thinks it's worthwhile, for the long term.
If anything it's also a big **** to Turnbull and his fans.
I'm not necessarily a fan of Corey, but I would vote for him over Turnbull. You know where you stand with Corey, Turnbull puts everything on the table for reform and then when there is a backlash against changes he slowly takes it off the table and we are back to where it started and nothing happens.
I think Corey and Pauline probably took a lot out of Trump's victory in the us and can see a political future with that style of politics, even though Pauline was voted in before Trump, that may have just been the rebel vote against the major parties then.

Interesting times.

The irony is, Corey, Christensen and others are precisely the ones that have put Turnbull between a rock and a hard place and not allowed him to put his agenda forth, as it doesnt even have the backing of some elements of his party.

Splitting off the far right from the Libs might even be a good thing for them - it would force them to negotiate with labor more as the far right will have the freedom to oppose anything more moderate - and we may get something towards centrist pragmatism that I wish we had.

stan wrote:

hardly just the bastion of the left - the alt right movement is all about intolerance under the guise of breaking down "political correctness" (just to be clear I am not sticking up for the greens here, but surely you realise that this is a problem on both sides - discourse has polarised recently, which is for the worse.

Agree with you there benny, not just from me side.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Q. wrote:Yes, it's the age of misinformation.

Too busy teaching them to be assexual
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Grenville » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:Yes, it's the age of misinformation.

Too busy teaching them to be assexual

Sad but true Jimmy,sad but true.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:27 pm

The circus in the Senate with the far-right nutters continues with Rod Culleton who's already quit the One Nation party five minutes after being elected and is not only having the validity of his election being challenged in a separate court case has now also been declared bankrupt which should disqualify him from the Senate too.

Senator Rod Culleton has been declared bankrupt after a hearing in the Federal Court in Perth and faces being barred from serving in the Senate.

The verdict against Senator Culleton follows legal action brought against him by creditor and former Wesfarmers boss Dick Lester to have him declared bankrupt.

Under section 44 of the constitution, a senator who is declared bankrupt or insolvent is disqualified from serving in the Senate.

However, the judge has granted a 21-day stay on the order — which means Senator Culleton is not immediately disqualified.

Senator Culleton reacted to the verdict by shouting at the judge, saying "I'm bleeding here".

"You just executed me, your Honour, before I bleed to death," he said.

"I'm going to call this matter to the Senate."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-23/s ... pt/8144758
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Ditchy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Thank god for the far right at the moment. From Brexit to Trump through to Pauline Hanson and the rise of the far right parties throughout Europe. Everyone has had enough from the lunatic left and Greens. Far right politics is the way of the world at present and those on the left or Greens are finished. The average Aussie has had enough of Muslims and Africans being admitted into Australia and our tolerance is ZERO at present. Leave the bastards in detention camps. They are ILLEGAL immigrants and nothing else. We have the fruit loop Sarah Hanson Young jumping up and down and wanting to have these ILLEGALS let into the country. Turdball, Dutton and co are actually saving lives with no boats arriving. Loopy Sarah and the Labor Party would let em' all in, without any documents. Just like bloody Merkel did in Germany. Geez....thats been a huge success PIGS ARSE

Corey Bernardi, Pauline Hanson and Peter Dutton are all saying the right things at the moment to rightfully be a force in Australian politics for years ahead. The left is dead. If ever there was any doubt about the left wingers being finished...look at the president elect in the US with Donald Trump. The media and well heeled did everything they could to have Clinton elected but that still didn't work as the average people on the street are sick and bloody tired of being fed more political correctness bullshit
Ditchy

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby bennymacca » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:52 am

Fair rant there ditchy. But in case you have been in a ditch the last couple of years all of the "Muslims and Africans" coming to Australia aren't coming here by boat anymore.

But good on you for being racist enough to paint them all with the same brush
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Ditchy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:55 am

bennymacca wrote:Fair rant there ditchy. But in case you have been in a ditch the last couple of years all of the "Muslims and Africans" coming to Australia aren't coming here by boat anymore.

Here we go with another left winger who yells "racism" or "racism" as the word that you'll think will shut the conversation down.

Those days are over of doing that, as nobody is buying it any longer except your own left wing mates.

Being a Muslim is not RACISM or RACIST. Its an ideology and a vile, filthy ideology at that. Not a religion. Islam is political and religious hence being an Ideology. It idolises someone who married a 9 year old girl and was a pedofile.

Unfortunately for you and the others from the loopy left or the Greens, Australians have woken up and are not afraid to speak their minds on Islam and Muslims and the Africans running amok. Thank god for the British who voted in Brexit, the Americans for voting in Trump and Australians for having the loopy left as the opposition for many years ahead. And the Greens are almost non existent and a joke in Australian politics. Your political left views are almost no longer valid in the world today.
Ditchy

Postby stan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 am

bennymacca wrote:Fair rant there ditchy. But in case you have been in a ditch the last couple of years all of the "Muslims and Africans" coming to Australia aren't coming here by boat anymore.

Hes not racist towards Muslims. Muslim is not a race. Can we please get that right.
stan
Coach

Postby Ditchy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:10 pm

stan wrote:

Hes not racist towards Muslims. Muslim is not a race. Can we please get that right.

Hooray. The world is catching on and no longer will the RACIST or RACISM taunt be allowed by people trying to shut down a conversation on Muslims purely by yelling racism. Its an ideology or some form of religion and has nothing to do with a race of people. It would be like calling Christians or Hindus a race of people.
Ditchy

Postby bennymacca » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:47 pm

stan wrote:

He's clearly talking about middle eastern people and North Africans and not Indonesians or Malaysians. People use Muslim as a synonym for those people which is why it's racist.

But in any case it's complete rubbish to say that all Muslims shouldn't be allowed or whatever.

You didn't address the Africans coming here too. So I guess you are still racist towards them then?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:00 pm

By the way, the most recent example of far right governance in a western democracy worked out OK for everyone, right? The Night of the Long Knives wasn't a Masterchef spinoff. At least the trains ran on time, small price to pay for efficient public conveyance.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Magellan wrote:By the way, the most recent example of far right governance in a western democracy worked out OK for everyone, right? The Night of the Long Knives wasn't a Masterchef spinoff. At least the trains ran on time, small price to pay for efficient public conveyance.

They won't even know what you are talking about
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Magellan wrote:By the way, the most recent example of far right governance in a western democracy worked out OK for everyone, right? The Night of the Long Knives wasn't a Masterchef spinoff. At least the trains ran on time, small price to pay for efficient public conveyance.

I think most people know how the Nazi party worked out.
No doubt ordinary citizens of Australia have had a gut full of the current situation and I'm not sure what can be done peacefully by the government. I would think that eventually something has to give and people will revolt against the system
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ditchy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I think most people know how the Nazi party worked out.
No doubt ordinary citizens of Australia have had a gut full of the current situation and I'm not sure what can be done peacefully by the government. I would think that eventually something has to give and people will revolt against the system

Its pretty simple. We do not under any circumstances let any more Muslims into the country. Enough is Enough.
Lets only let white Christians into the country, as thats the only way we can ensure that Australians remain safe

They won't even let Muslims into Saudi Arabia. There is an electric fence around the country preventing Muslims from entering.
The Saudis wont let their own religion in for fear of what they will do, yet we let them into Australia. Work that out.
See the electric fence. This photo I "personally" took when in the UAE in early August of this year. This is the fence preventing Muslim refugees or immigrants from entering Saudi Arabia and on the border with the UAE. Note the car in front of ours was the Saudi border patrol
Attachments
aaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaa.jpg (42.4 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Ditchy

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics