Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 pm

mots02 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Cafè Di Roma last night wrapped up a great round of cuisines!

The Al Pollo with ravioli is simply brilliant, I went the meatballs with fettuccini, it would feed a family.

Both dishes are around $21 each, the garlic bread with cheese added made a great entree.

One of the best value for money vs quality places getting around.

Eyeing off the Greek on Halifax again next

2 reviews back to back!

Man about town!

Yeah, Monday and Wednesday nights.

Got a few more places to visit and then will be a once a fortnight thing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4349 times
Been liked: 7954 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 16, 2024 3:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Cafè Di Roma last night wrapped up a great round of cuisines!

The Al Pollo with ravioli is simply brilliant, I went the meatballs with fettuccini, it would feed a family.

Both dishes are around $21 each, the garlic bread with cheese added made a great entree.

One of the best value for money vs quality places getting around.

Eyeing off the Greek on Halifax again next

2 reviews back to back!

Man about town!

Yeah, Monday and Wednesday nights.

Got a few more places to visit and then will be a once a fortnight thing.

Desserts twice a week!
I remember those days!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2239 times
Been liked: 2535 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:55 pm

Big weekend for dining while I was in my happy place on the YP.

Ye Olde Cafe @ Moonta Friday night for some satay chicken and an open yiros type dish, both under $25 and both were superb.

Saturday evening was a trip to the Ale House @ Wallaroo where a seafood platter and a 400g Waygu t-bone were consumed for $36 & $44 respectively, platter was the pick of the dishes, the steak was cooked to perfection but I would've liked to have taken my own scales there.

Sunday we booked into the Bond Store Cafe @ Wallaroo and once again, this place never disappoints, a tad on the pricey side but I don't mind paying for quality. after some deliberation we decided on going the Grand Poobah of food on their menu, the Parilla Platter which consisted of Waygu Beef Rump, Lamb Backstrap and Scotch Fillet along with an array of sides consisting of mushies, pumpkin, artichokes, potato, corn and a few other bits and pieces.
It was $109 but was super impressive, pretty much everyone in the place watched it come out and some even wanted a photo of it, it did taste as good as it looked.

We then decided to cut our getaway early as I had purchased a smoker on Friday and wanted to get back in time to buy some meat to cook up in it and erect the fine piece of machinery, it's a pitboss pellet smoker which I'm going to have plenty of fun with, I had to sell my manual one as I'd end up drinking a carton of piss watching the temperature all day, this one is the absolute tits, I just load it up and let it cook whilst the internal temperatures are displayed on the unit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4349 times
Been liked: 7954 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Big weekend for dining while I was in my happy place on the YP.

Ye Olde Cafe @ Moonta Friday night for some satay chicken and an open yiros type dish, both under $25 and both were superb.

Saturday evening was a trip to the Ale House @ Wallaroo where a seafood platter and a 400g Waygu t-bone were consumed for $36 & $44 respectively, platter was the pick of the dishes, the steak was cooked to perfection but I would've liked to have taken my own scales there.

Sunday we booked into the Bond Store Cafe @ Wallaroo and once again, this place never disappoints, a tad on the pricey side but I don't mind paying for quality. after some deliberation we decided on going the Grand Poobah of food on their menu, the Parilla Platter which consisted of Waygu Beef Rump, Lamb Backstrap and Scotch Fillet along with an array of sides consisting of mushies, pumpkin, artichokes, potato, corn and a few other bits and pieces.
It was $109 but was super impressive, pretty much everyone in the place watched it come out and some even wanted a photo of it, it did taste as good as it looked.

We then decided to cut our getaway early as I had purchased a smoker on Friday and wanted to get back in time to buy some meat to cook up in it and erect the fine piece of machinery, it's a pitboss pellet smoker which I'm going to have plenty of fun with, I had to sell my manual one as I'd end up drinking a carton of piss watching the temperature all day, this one is the absolute tits, I just load it up and let it cook whilst the internal temperatures are displayed on the unit.

Absolutely loved The Bond Store, hopefully will go there again!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10417 times
Been liked: 1542 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:11 pm

Was up that way also, drove past the Bond store, wife was keen, my wallet wasn't. :lol:

Had a great feed at the Pt Hughes tavern, got out for a fish but unfortunately they were pretty quiet, only to KGW's in 3 hours, one was 43cm though.

Did you go to the new brewery in Kadina? I tried their beers via the standard paddle, was keen on one of them so decided to invest in a 6 pack only to be told they don't sell in cans/bottles :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2346 times
Been liked: 3615 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion