SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Ginga » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

The Ash Man wrote:RS put money on Pepper so I said I'll take that bet meaning I have 17 others.
Pretty sure the odds are in my favour Ginga

Yeah definitely take the bet! Helped if i read it correctly!
Ginga

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 pm

So does anybody think glenunga will win a game,or will they be the surprise packet.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:So does anybody think glenunga will win a game,or will they be the surprise packet.

With their supposed recruits I think they have the ability to push the 5.

As ramming eluded to on a previous page, their depth is suspect, so a few injuries to their A grade may see them struggle.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

That theory applies to every side in the saafl,nobody has a lot of depth
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

One thing I really hope, is that Glenunga actually have change rooms by the time they make their way up to div 1 ;)

How many years since you've been living out of Atco huts now? Would have to be at least 4....

What's happening there?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:One thing I really hope, is that Glenunga actually have change rooms by the time they make their way up to div 1 ;)

How many years since you've been living out of Atco huts now? Would have to be at least 4....

What's happening there?

footy chick i thought we had to give them a week to settle into div 4 before we started the trash talk :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm

No trash talk, I feel for these poor blokes that have great club rooms and a gorgeous oval (to mudslide on :lol: ) but their prick of a council won't build them any change rooms.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby BZB27 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm

They been in div 4 long enough now for the trash talk to start starkky
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:One thing I really hope, is that Glenunga actually have change rooms by the time they make their way up to div 1 ;)

What's happening there?

Looks the same today as it has for some time
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 pm

BZB27 wrote:They been in div 4 long enough now for the trash talk to start starkky

i wish ruckmen would not post :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:13 pm

What's happening there?

The Atco huts are a massive improvement on the old dungeon. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby BZB27 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
BZB27 wrote:They been in div 4 long enough now for the trash talk to start starkky

i wish ruckmen would not post :)

Enjoy the pine ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:That theory applies to every side in the saafl,nobody has a lot of depth

:lol:

Pretty sure that GG would be able to compensate A grade injuries far better than say a Glenunga or Salisbury West.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Ok but golden grove have been the chokers the past 2 years,going out in straight sets,which tells you that the players that coming in are not up to it,most ameteur a grade sides only have 20-25 players capable of playing good a grade football even in the higher divs.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Postby watchdog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No trash talk, I feel for these poor blokes that have great club rooms and a gorgeous oval (to mudslide on :lol: ) but their prick of a council won't build them any change rooms.

FC we have a lovely home change room that we had all last year. Unfortunately the away change rooms are still in a container style hut. This situation is unfortunately out of the clubs control and a Burnside council related issue due to the delay in Webb Oval's redevelopment. The existing clubrooms will be demolished at the end of 2014 and new clubrooms / changerooms will be built for 2015. On a positive note for this season Webb oval has been fully resurfaced in the offseason so will hopefully will hold up significantly better when the rain comes later in the year.
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm

they're knocking down the whole lot? wow..you are going to have a nice set up! I think last time we were over your way you were in the atco huts and the visitors got changed at the school.

it's probably nice to know that it's all finally falling into place. I actually thought your oval was really good in the dry.and if you've been around the Club for a while you'd know what my reference to mud sliding is about..lol

Footy Chick

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:Ok but golden grove have been the chokers the past 2 years,going out in straight sets,which tells you that the players that coming in are not up to it,most ameteur a grade sides only have 20-25 players capable of playing good a grade football even in the higher divs.

Yep I agree with you on that point. Your question was would Glenunga win a game or be the suprise packet?

If they lose some KPP's in the A's, then their depth in the B grade suggests it could be a battle to stave off relegation. Healthy A grade squad and they could be right in the mix for finals.

Put Golden Grove in the same situation, and yes, as we have seen, their depth wasn't up to winning A grade finals given some key injuries, but GG have the depth to survive in the division given worst case scenario. Glenunga IMO, may not.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Only time will tell.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:28 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:Ok but golden grove have been the chokers the past 2 years,going out in straight sets,which tells you that the players that coming in are not up to it,most ameteur a grade sides only have 20-25 players capable of playing good a grade football even in the higher divs.

Yep I agree with you on that point. Your question was would Glenunga win a game or be the suprise packet?

If they lose some KPP's in the A's, then their depth in the B grade suggests it could be a battle to stave off relegation. Healthy A grade squad and they could be right in the mix for finals.

Put Golden Grove in the same situation, and yes, as we have seen, their depth wasn't up to winning A grade finals given some key injuries, but GG have the depth to survive in the division given worst case scenario. Glenunga IMO, may not.

On GG depth, I can't see anyone beating them in the reserves... Hope valley would be the best to challenge them i reckon.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby X Runna » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

On GG depth, I can't see anyone beating them in the reserves... Hope valley would be the best to challenge them i reckon.

IF you were a good coach, someone with the proven ability to teach and lead, there would be no better position to be in SA football than at Golden Grove. Mark this date down somewhere cos I reckon in about 5 years time, you will ask yourself how they slipped through.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League