Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Best move by Aldinga FC in over 15 yrs!! That club sacked Shane last time he coached there!! No one could believe they re hired him, get a good coach lines up for next year lots of good options in the area but they need to be approached! There's one up at Willunga, and not the senior coach!!!!
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 pm

DTH
At least our crowd stayed and supported to a thrilling end. It seems all your players and supporters went home at 3/4 time!!!!

Gee DTH dropped into have a look at the game Saturday arvo, very scrappy.. As far as supporters go I think we counted 10 Bomber fans and 4 of these were in the coaches box
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby mrp2626 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

vics01 wrote:
DTH
At least our crowd stayed and supported to a thrilling end. It seems all your players and supporters went home at 3/4 time!!!!

Gee DTH dropped into have a look at the game Saturday arvo, very scrappy.. As far as supporters go I think we counted 10 Bomber fans and 4 of these were in the coaches box

With Such a good game going on around the corner... with a such a high quality of football and huge crowd and atmosphere at Marion, why would you want to leave your team and watch two 'very scrappy' teams slug it out??
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm

You are a rookie on here mrp2626 and obviously don't know the chequered history of Vics01. I think a restraining order doesn't allow him within half a mile of Cove these days, so he has set up camp with the Clifton Crew at Hackham.

He has never been a big fan of the Roo's so we'll take his dig as being a shot at them rather than Brighton. Unfortunately the Crows first home game would have affected crowds at all community sport on Saturday. Anyway, Brighton got the 2 points against last years runners-up which was more important than the quality of the game and the amount who were watching it. For such a nice autumns day there was some fairly low scoring games other than the 3 blow outs.

What do we make of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion people. Don't say 2 Divisions will solve it because all of the other 12 clubs are currently worthy of playing each other week to week and most have the juniors to warrant regular competition against the other clubs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times

Postby MZ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Gimme the scrappy game decided by 3 points over the other 6 games, none of which were close on the siren. 6 goal thrashings were the best you could get elsewhere. I would say you struck gold vics01.
MZ
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You are a rookie on here mrp2626 and obviously don't know the chequered history of Vics01. I think a restraining order doesn't allow him within half a mile of Cove these days, so he has set up camp with the Clifton Crew at Hackham.

He has never been a big fan of the Roo's so we'll take his dig as being a shot at them rather than Brighton. Unfortunately the Crows first home game would have affected crowds at all community sport on Saturday. Anyway, Brighton got the 2 points against last years runners-up which was more important than the quality of the game and the amount who were watching it. For such a nice autumns day there was some fairly low scoring games other than the 3 blow outs.

What do we make of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion people. Don't say 2 Divisions will solve it because all of the other 12 clubs are currently worthy of playing each other week to week and most have the juniors to warrant regular competition against the other clubs.

DTH congratulations on the win. Agree Crows game would have kept numbers down and crowd numbers dont translate into premiership points.

My suggestion may be unpopular but I suggest Aldinga merge with Noarlunga or look to Great Southern, Lonsdale save everyone from venturing to their crappy oval and even worse away change rooms and merge with Hackam and Marion and Morphy Parks merge.

Unfortunately whilst there is plenty who would agree the SFL are powerless to do anything - in fact they actually prefer to keep their head in the sand and ignore it. Well to those maroon coats can I remind you that you are not the only footy league in the state and if you upset enough people clubs may actually look outside your league.

One of HV committee members told me on Saturday that the SFL were confrontational at the meeting they attended at HVFC during week. SFL claim 8 clubs could be gone from the competition if the Future Directions proposals get up and the days of Saturday junior footy are numbered thanks to college footy. :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby afc9798 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You are a rookie on here mrp2626 and obviously don't know the chequered history of Vics01. I think a restraining order doesn't allow him within half a mile of Cove these days, so he has set up camp with the Clifton Crew at Hackham.

All I know is that I am certainly glad I didn't drag anyone along to the game on Saturday to see a decent game of footy. The result was a foregone conclusion, although in fairness we did draw with Lonsdale last year due to Squire getting knocked out, so maybe there was some hint of light there...

I guess we just have to take the good with the bad games as I can't see anything short of a new SFL board making any calls on addressing these issues. Where there's no will there's no way.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby norwood8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm

If Happy Valley had a decent forward the margin would of been even greater :(. As usual Happy Valleys structure was excellent, skills looked a bit sloppier than usual (have been flawless in recent times) did they have a few out?. Looks like it's going to be another long year for Lonsdale in the seniors unfortunately. Btw Baxters sending off was a geniune disgrace, went to stick up for a 15/16 year old who was hit late, he didn't throw a punch, yet was the only one sent off??.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby shoe boy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:30 pm

My suggestion may be unpopular but I suggest Aldinga merge with Noarlunga or look to Great Southern, Lonsdale save everyone from venturing to their crappy oval and even worse away change rooms and merge with Hackam and Marion and Morphy Parks merge.

Unfortunately whilst there is plenty who would agree the SFL are powerless to do anything - in fact they actually prefer to keep their head in the sand and ignore it. Well to those maroon coats can I remind you that you are not the only footy league in the state and if you upset enough people clubs may actually look outside your league.

One of HV committee members told me on Saturday that the SFL were confrontational at the meeting they attended at HVFC during week. SFL claim 8 clubs could be gone from the competition if the Future Directions proposals get up and the days of Saturday junior footy are numbered thanks to college footy. :shock:[/quote]

You are taking the piss??
and away rooms? Reynella are by far the worst in the comp.
Now if Valley merged with Flaggies or better played in the Hills comp? :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:48 pm

DTH
You are a rookie on here mrp2626 and obviously don't know the chequered history of Vics01. I think a restraining order doesn't allow him within half a mile of Cove these days, so he has set up camp with the Clifton Crew at Hackham.

Don't know what you mean by Chequered.. The R/O only relates to a few who don't show up on game day in any case. I know that some think the Clifton crew should be subject to the Anti (bikie) association laws, however they are a really great bunch of young lads playing for the coach and each other.

Actually thought the Roo's were trying to play an interesting game of footy but were smothered by negativity. Maybe you can ask the AFL or SFL to program Port games against Brighton home games that way you might an extra 20 chardy supporters who would not lower themselves to travel to a Port game.

The chance for 2 divisions is gone. The FDC set up for this purpose chose to make the junior program an issue to accommodate a few within the SFL and in an attempt to maybe snag a couple of hills clubs, who by all accounts would refuse to play in Div 2 even it was on offer. 17/15 will not stop the rot at A grade level. It is very obvious reading through the scores of all grades that the disparity is getting bigger each year. Why Marion and M/P did not merge 18 teams is beyond me. The reality is if kids get flogged every week they will walk away in this day and age of everybody is a winner and give it to me now. At least a merged 18 would have sufficient numbers and be competitive.

My other drum is the schools system until the SANFL and Club leagues withdraw support from school programs the more likely it is club football as we know it will disappear. Here is a thought may cause a stir but WTF. As is stands now a kid can be registered to two clubs in two affiliated leagues but can only play with 1.. Why not treat school the same.. Treat the school comp as a league.. Yep Jonny you can play for yr school but don't come looking to us as well.. Maybe it might make some consider staying at club sport and or the schools move to midweek.

It is despairing when a club has to face the reality of merging or folding however a few need to do it now rather than later when they may take a few others with them.
vics01
Reserves

Postby Numbers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Come on SB! It has it's merits! Aldinga is a growing area with struggling seniors & Old Noarlunga is not the largest suburb to get an influx from.

Both HV & Flaggies offer reasonable facilities & have in the majority been competitive/successful over the years & grades!

My suggestion is the club presidents of the following get together and start a new comp ready for 2015:

Brighton
Christies
Cove
Edwardstown
Flagstaff Hill
Hackham
Happy Valley
Morphett Vale
Morphettville Park
Noarlunga
Port Noarlunga
Reynella

Nearly all have 5 sides, there are a couple that don't but majority do!

Would be good, play most sides twice in 18-20 games!
Numbers
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:12 pm

numbers wrote:.

One of HV committee members told me on Saturday that the SFL were confrontational at the meeting they attended at HVFC during week. SFL claim 8 clubs could be gone from the competition if the Future Directions proposals get up and the days of Saturday junior footy are numbered thanks to college footy. :shock:
shoe boy wrote:
Now if Valley merged with Flaggies or better played in the Hills comp? :D

I'm guessing Noarlunga would be happy to merge if they can add Lonsdale's 15 points cap to their 19!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby King » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Lots of negativity surrounding last w/e games. I thought the Flaggies / Flies game was very entertaining and certainly worth watching. Appeared to me to be a very good crowd as well. The favourites got up by about 6 goals in the end but that was not indicative of the game. Would be interested to read a 'Flies view.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Now if Valley merged with Flaggies or better played in the Hills comp? :D[/quote]

I'm guessing Noarlunga would be happy to merge if they can add Lonsdale's 15 points cap to their 19!!![/quote]

Noarlunga played with 0 on w/end compared to 16!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Vics01 wrote: Actually thought the Roo's were trying to play an interesting game of footy but were smothered by negativity.

Whose negativity Vics. Ours or their own. Brighton had 23 scoring shots to Morphy Park's 15 so fair to say we probably had more of the ball but just had some very rusty conversion.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 287 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Lets hope it stays very rusty.. Good victory though handy points.. Good to see some young blokes doing well.
vics01
Reserves

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Cant belive Vics didnt stay to watch the Seniors , with all posturing and head wobbling going on they looked like World Beaters , Then the Game Began
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Sorry OM.. Not sure what you mean..
vics01
Reserves

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:27 pm

vics01 wrote:Sorry OM.. Not sure what you mean..

I was having a Dig at the fact you obviously left after the 18's game , and that your A Grade squad were rather cocky looking prior to the game , something your Senior Coach agreed with during our post match frothies
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:35 pm

What can one say different generation. Gen Y and Z always super confident. It is good change and learning curve for the young blokes but good to see after years of thinking the club was going out to get a flogging each week.. Hopefully the self belief will deliver some success.. A case of Boys v Men. Hopefully the coach keeps them for a few years as they develop.
vics01
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL