Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:36 pm

They only did a top 8 in the herald sun.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 464 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:39 pm

cracka wrote:They only did a top 8 in the herald sun.

its only natural for journo's in their own state to rate their own teams higher imo.

i wonder how many from both 'tiser and the 'sun had carlton and richmond in the eight at the start of the year. that may make for an even more interesting comparison, especially given a lot of people even thought richmond might be top 4 material
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:41 pm

cracka wrote:So 6/10 experts from the most crows bias paper (according to user from this forum) said they'd make the 8. Well that's it then compelling evidence. When I get the chance I'll check the herald sun.

The Advertiser is definately a very Crows bias paper. I remember the Power beating the Crows in the showdown last year and the Advertiser was littered with articles about how the Crows lost and about their finals hopes etc and still being alive.. very little attention given to the Power on their win
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
cracka wrote:So 6/10 experts from the most crows bias paper (according to user from this forum) said they'd make the 8. Well that's it then compelling evidence. When I get the chance I'll check the herald sun.

The Advertiser is definately a very Crows bias paper. I remember the Power beating the Crows in the showdown last year and the Advertiser was littered with articles about how the Crows lost and about their finals hopes etc and still being alive.. very little attention given to the Power on their win

Exact reason why I prefer the herald sun.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Hefty wrote:
Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous

Eddie Betts manager is truly a genius. He must be the only AFL footballer with a clause in his contract that states "At no time shall it be expected Betts place his head over the ball in the event of an opposition player being within 10 metres"

Kane Cornes says Hi....

Chee Cockatoo Collins jumps up & down waving madly.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Hefty wrote:
Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous

Eddie Betts manager is truly a genius. He must be the only AFL footballer with a clause in his contract that states "At no time shall it be expected Betts place his head over the ball in the event of an opposition player being within 10 metres"

Kane Cornes says Hi....

Chee Cockatoo Collins jumps up & down waving madly.

Che - if we can go back 10 years, why not keep going ... Phil Gallagher sings "what about me?"
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Kidding aren't you, Rucci is the biggest port supporter going around, and he writes like it too, biased. Tredrea and Riccutio are they only ones i like to read
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:09 am

Lethal Dose wrote:Kidding aren't you, Rucci is the biggest port supporter going around, and he writes like it too, biased. Tredrea and Riccutio are they only ones i like to read

Rucci is just an out and out knob :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:45 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:Kidding aren't you, Rucci is the biggest port supporter going around, and he writes like it too, biased. Tredrea and Riccutio are they only ones i like to read

Pretty sure Rucci hates everyone. Hes one of those bring down journo's that need bad news to make a story.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 am

Lethal Dose wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Kidding aren't you, Rucci is the biggest port supporter going around, and he writes like it too, biased. Tredrea and Riccutio are they only ones i like to read

As a neutral, the crowtiser is very bias towards the crows...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

yes but as opposed to what. the power? or the rest of the AFL? you can understand the second one given it is an adelaide paper, and the first one im not sure i agree with, but there is a fair chance i am biased in that regards.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20 am

bennymacca wrote:yes but as opposed to what. the power? or the rest of the AFL? you can understand the second one given it is an adelaide paper, and the first one im not sure i agree with, but there is a fair chance i am biased in that regards.

How about just reporting the truth instead of trying to put a positive spin on everything and make the Crows seem like an almighty powerhouse when they are struggling
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:yes but as opposed to what. the power? or the rest of the AFL? you can understand the second one given it is an adelaide paper, and the first one im not sure i agree with, but there is a fair chance i am biased in that regards.

How about just reporting the truth instead of trying to put a positive spin on everything and make the Crows seem like an almighty powerhouse when they are struggling

cmon PG your a glass half full kind of guy arent ya? ;)

I think the paper is 2 articles each today - but hey, who's counting :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

because as a paper, they are trying to sell papers, not sell the truth. i wouldnt call it bias in most cases, but eternal optimism. And judging by everyone here, the paper gets savaged for posting bad news stories anyway - even rucci cant escape the wrath of port supporters when there is a bad article written, and crows supporters are just as bad.

so if they continually rubbished both teams when they were doing crap nobody would buy the paper. as this forum shows, people like to whinge about anything, but they whinge much more about bad coverage, even if it is true.

no more pontification from me :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 am

Footy Smart wrote:cmon PG your a glass half full kind of guy arent ya? ;)

I think the paper is 2 articles each today - but hey, who's counting :D

:lol:

I haven't read the paper today, but i'll do my best to find more than two ;) :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:because as a paper, they are trying to sell papers, not sell the truth.
so if they continually rubbished both teams when they were doing crap nobody would buy the paper. as this forum shows, people like to whinge about anything, but they whinge much more about bad coverage, even if it is true.

Got to be a healthy balance, i know plenty that dont buy the paper now because it's a waste of money so may as well print something insightful and accurate
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 am

I haven't read the paper today, but i'll do my best to find more than two ;) :lol:

:D I only had a quick squizz so may have missed one :oops:
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:because as a paper, they are trying to sell papers, not sell the truth.

Got to be a healthy balance, i know plenty that dont buy the paper now because it's a waste of money so may as well print something insightful and accurate

Dont get me wrong, i completely agree. and i usually get most of me AFL info from the Herald sun because i think they do a better job overall, and i like the analysis on all clubs, not just the crows and power.

but given the amount of people on this forum that complain of bias against their club when something bad is written (both crows and power) you can see why it would be much harder for them.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 am

stan wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Pretty sure Rucci hates everyone. Hes one of those bring down journo's that need bad news to make a story.

Does he have an alias on this forum. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:29 am

yes to both...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL