BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:50 pm

beef wrote:Def had 19 at start of last after angaston called for a count. They got a free kick about 35 out straight in front. Luckily for nuri angastons ruck man can't kick. No score was wiped.

Off to the tribunal to decide this match I believe.
Does anyone know if the rule was changed after that final 2 years ago? If it was changed Nuri win, if it wasnt Nuri's score will be wiped and Ango win
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby beef » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
beef wrote:Def had 19 at start of last after angaston called for a count. They got a free kick about 35 out straight in front. Luckily for nuri angastons ruck man can't kick. No score was wiped.

Does anyone know if the rule was changed after that final 2 years ago? If it was changed Nuri win, if it wasnt Nuri's score will be wiped and Ango win

From where I was standing no one seemed to complain at the time or after the game, no one around me was to sure about the rules. Someone said they wipe the score for the quarter but because it happened in the first minute no one had scored for the quarter.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 256 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Well it definitely used to he score for the whole game but as days said, it might have changed
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:ANZAC day promises to put up an "El'Classico" of a match for local gawler people, with the tigers taking on the Donnies. Will this game allow us to Gage where both sides are at. Will Centrals be the dominant side of 2014 or will it be all about gawler sides this year if the donnies can get up in a close one. Good for the league if the Barossa clubs strangle hold on premierships can be shared around.

Willaston could start now and still not get with 10 goals of Centrals.
Will be an absolute flogging, no side will get close to Centrals this year let alone an average Willaston side

I think some people are underestimating how powerful Willaston will be in 2014.
This is a side that was premiership favourites for some people early last year before injuries struck, they also lost by a kick both times against Gawler Central in 2013 (who went on to lose a GF) and from that side they have only lost Travis Natt and topped up with Michael Howson, Mark McCallum (kicked 90 odd goals in 2012 for Kilburn) and Scott White all very handy players.
Jimmy Jones could also be back at any time after his stint with Glenelg.

Ok I admit I was wrong, was only a 7 goal win. :lol:
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:14 pm

beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

From where I was standing no one seemed to complain at the time or after the game, no one around me was to sure about the rules. Someone said they wipe the score for the quarter but because it happened in the first minute no one had scored for the quarter.

From the handbook:

Where the team has more than the permitted number of players on the playing field the following shall apply:

(a) The field umpire shall instruct both goal umpires to record the scores of both teams at the time of the player count.
(b) The field umpire shall award a free kick to the captain or acting captain of the opposing team which shall be taken
at the centre circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending team;
(c) A fifty metre penalty shall then be imposed from the position where the free kick was awarded; and
(d) Upon completing the count the field umpire(s) should ensure that each team has the permitted number of players
on the field prior to recommencing the match
(e) The field umpire as soon as practical after the match, report to the BLG Board (FOM) that a request has been
made to count the number of players in a team and the number of players actually counted.
(f) FOM shall convene a meeting of the BLG Independent Tribunal Commissioners for them to adjudicate on the
matter. The Commissioners shall determine whether the offending team shall lose all points which it had scored in the
match up to the time of the count
and/or provide such other penalty as deemed appropriate.
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:13 am

Dizzee Rascal wrote:
beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

From the handbook:

Where the team has more than the permitted number of players on the playing field the following shall apply:

(a) The field umpire shall instruct both goal umpires to record the scores of both teams at the time of the player count.
(b) The field umpire shall award a free kick to the captain or acting captain of the opposing team which shall be taken
at the centre circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending team;
(c) A fifty metre penalty shall then be imposed from the position where the free kick was awarded; and
(d) Upon completing the count the field umpire(s) should ensure that each team has the permitted number of players
on the field prior to recommencing the match
(e) The field umpire as soon as practical after the match, report to the BLG Board (FOM) that a request has been
made to count the number of players in a team and the number of players actually counted.
(f) FOM shall convene a meeting of the BLG Independent Tribunal Commissioners for them to adjudicate on the
matter. The Commissioners shall determine whether the offending team shall lose all points which it had scored in the
match up to the time of the count
and/or provide such other penalty as deemed appropriate.

Clear as mud lol
What will they adjudicate on? Wether Nuri tried to deliberately cheat or wether it was an honest mistake is about the only consideration required
From what i have heard Nuri had 19 on the field for a couple minutes. This would be a bit different to that final couple years ago where Barossa had 19 for a couple seconds.
Will be an interesting decision.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Pag » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:02 am

It was straight after the 3/4 time break, the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds of play before realising something was wrong and ran off.

Nothing sinister IMO and didn't effect the game or the scoreboard in any way.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:38 am

Pag wrote:It was straight after the 3/4 time break, the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds of play before realising something was wrong and ran off.

If thats the case the penalty has already been handed down then, play on
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am

Pag wrote:the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds.

Sounds painful
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Pag » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:05 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Pag wrote:It was straight after the 3/4 time break, the extra player was on the ground for about 10 seconds of play before realising something was wrong and ran off.

Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Kapunda by 70 at 1/2 Time
10 goals to 1 point at 1/4 Time
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby roodog » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Pag wrote:It was straight after the 3/4 time break, the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds of play before realising something was wrong and ran off.

The rule HAD to change after the debacle of that final between Barossa and Willaston. The penalty certainly did not fit the crime that day and the new rule to adjudicate by the tribunal is much better
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Good win to start the season, Barossa were very ordinary and the contest was over at quarter time.
I think all results this week went as expected, maybe not the margins though.
Two Gawler teams top of the ladder early but one wasnt expected there, are South any good or are Freeling worse than many thought?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Useless » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Good win to start the season, Barossa were very ordinary and the contest was over at quarter time.
I think all results this week went as expected, maybe not the margins though.
Two Gawler teams top of the ladder early but one wasnt expected there, are South any good or are Freeling worse than many thought?

South did win quite easy round 1 also. Freeling had a couple outs Saturday which wouldn't have helped things. Probably a few to many kids playing in the one team and if you are going to let Lawry have his own football you are going to have a bad time.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Kapunda by 70 at 1/2 Time

Was interesting to see big McKenzie kick 4 goals considering he kicked 4 all season last year.
More time in the forward line this year for him?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby roodog » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Kapunda by 70 at 1/2 Time

Was interesting to see big McKenzie kick 4 goals considering he kicked 4 all season last year.
More time in the forward line this year for him?

Adam Turrell made a mess of the Barossa ruckmen and did it for virtually the whole match. McKenzie spent 95% of the game forward. With so much ball coming in to he, Wes Farley and Jay Johnson, there were plenty of scoring opportunities. Bigger test against Tanunda this week though.......
roodog
Under 16s

Postby roodog » Thu May 01, 2014 2:10 pm

How did the tribunal go for Nuri's 19th man?
roodog
Under 16s

Postby Useless » Thu May 01, 2014 3:29 pm

roodog wrote:How did the tribunal go for Nuri's 19th man?

Nuri receive a fine. Results stay the same.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 02, 2014 12:34 pm

If there's delivery to Buckets, he'd be pretty hard to stop at the goalfront.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Homer J » Sat May 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Barossa embarrassed by Gawler Centrals in both A's and B's today. 20 plus goals in both grades. Lucky the didn't kick straight 22 - 31 in the A's
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy