Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby kickittome » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Lead out chest mark wrote:To bag 12 an not even a look in for 6th that's a bit rough !! I see Myles warmington booted 7 for the meningie bears a big loss for yankalilla

I think that was a definite typo error. As well as old duff played kicking 4 or so goals I think Marc Elliott's 12 goal effort was clearly a best on ground display. Sporting pulse has been having some issues & great southern results haven't been printed in the Sunday mail the first two rounds also hopefully gets sorted soon.
Your right about yank missing warmington. It's only early days but it seems yank have lost a fair few players from last years list. New playing coach Thompson, Ashton place & side bottom are being relied on heavily to keep them competitive. Only had a couple of new players who didn't do much. One new player was no. 55 who played up forward was very strongly built but only got one kick for the day, was hopeless & a bit of a loose canon who was keen for a fight.
kickittome
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Saw one of the funniest things on saturday - A certain A grade player from Mt Compass who doesn't mind getting on the lip a lot, hold the ball up in the air, right in front of the grandstand at Compass & yell to the Mypo crowd "who's got the ball". He then proceeded to kick it into the man on the mark & watch him run right pass him a kick a goal from about 40m out. I'm sure the other half of his family (involved at pongy) will let him know about for awhile! :oops: :oops: :lol:
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Current score from the Strath v Creek game?
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby old fullback » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Strath 8-11 d. Creek 8-9, top game, thousands of people, not a car park left in the ground, Ashbourne rd chocka block. Strath 14pts up with a couple of minutes to go,Creek kicked one then from a set shot the siren went as a Creek player kicked a goal to give Strath a 2pt win.
old fullback
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 pm
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

Gees would have done my dough on that result.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby limb » Fri May 02, 2014 2:23 pm

We're only 3 rounds in but it looks like the finals race will once again be wide open with Myponga and McLaren impressing early.
Should be some close tussles in the cold and wet conditions tomorrow - here's my two bob's worth.
Mt Compass to upset the Magpies in a close one
Strath to have just a little bit too much class for the Mudlarks who will relish the conditions
The Hawks over the Roos
Encounter Bay to prolong Yankalilla's woes
Willunga to knock over their neighbours under lights in a tight match
limb
Under 18s
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:36 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 pm

limb wrote:We're only 3 rounds in but it looks like the finals race will once again be wide open with Myponga and McLaren impressing early.
Should be some close tussles in the cold and wet conditions tomorrow - here's my two bob's worth.
Mt Compass to upset the Magpies in a close one
Strath to have just a little bit too much class for the Mudlarks who will relish the conditions
The Hawks over the Roos
Encounter Bay to prolong Yankalilla's woes
Willunga to knock over their neighbours under lights in a tight match


It's anyones this year.
Magpies over Compass
Strath at full strength are the best team in the league
Hawks too good for the young roos
Bays over Yank
We'll see how good Mclarens really are this week - Mclarens in an upset
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
User avatar
WellPlayed#9
Member
 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby heater31 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:54 am

WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15527
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby DoublebluTiger » Sat May 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Pretty sure he was in reserves team today at prospect.
Success is in trying
User avatar
DoublebluTiger
Rookie
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am
Location: Down south
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 pm

DoublebluTiger wrote:Pretty sure he was in reserves team today at prospect.


Got the call up Friday night I understand!
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
User avatar
WellPlayed#9
Member
 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Best interests not to go back to his home club? Ouch?
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
User avatar
WellPlayed#9
Member
 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby heater31 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm

WellPlayed#9 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Best interests not to go back to his home club? Ouch?


Isn't his home club in Port Adelaide Magpies zone? Certainly not a Yank local....
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15527
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Best interests not to go back to his home club? Ouch?


Isn't his home club in Port Adelaide Magpies zone? Certainly not a Yank local....


My mistake, I just assumed!
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
User avatar
WellPlayed#9
Member
 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby DoublebluTiger » Sun May 04, 2014 4:39 pm

heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Best interests not to go back to his home club? Ouch?


Isn't his home club in Port Adelaide Magpies zone? Certainly not a Yank local....


Correct... It's Lock.
Success is in trying
User avatar
DoublebluTiger
Rookie
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am
Location: Down south
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Yank Man » Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 pm

WellPlayed#9 wrote:
DoublebluTiger wrote:Pretty sure he was in reserves team today at prospect.


Got the call up Friday night I understand!


Played ressies yes, meningie is interesting, Warmington is there so Yanks ex CHF and now maybe the ex FF could end up together. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 am
Location: Wine territory
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 268 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Champ » Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Sturt simply told him to go back to his current 'home club' in Yank and find some form which makes sense seeing as though who there coach is. The larrikan instead saw it as an opportunity to shop himself around seeking figures of 800+ per game, no club between here and Meningie were prepared to pay him that and Yank were the first to wish him luck.
Good on the Tigers in my opinion - I dont see how any player can demand his match payments get doubled after doing one SANFL pre-season and then being dumped by the magoos.
Anyway, played for the Bears and didnt trouble the scorers against a side not prolific for its defence.
Champ
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:13 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Great Southern Football League

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:02 am

Champ wrote:
heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Sturt simply told him to go back to his current 'home club' in Yank and find some form which makes sense seeing as though who there coach is. The larrikan instead saw it as an opportunity to shop himself around seeking figures of 800+ per game, no club between here and Meningie were prepared to pay him that and Yank were the first to wish him luck.
Good on the Tigers in my opinion - I dont see how any player can demand his match payments get doubled after doing one SANFL pre-season and then being dumped by the magoos.
Anyway, played for the Bears and didnt trouble the scorers against a side not prolific for its defence.


Haha champ how much do you actually know and take notice to previous posts? He didn't play for Meningie and lined up for Sturt kicking 2 majors.
User avatar
grasshopper22
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Champ » Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
Champ wrote:
heater31 wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!


Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....


Sturt simply told him to go back to his current 'home club' in Yank and find some form which makes sense seeing as though who there coach is. The larrikan instead saw it as an opportunity to shop himself around seeking figures of 800+ per game, no club between here and Meningie were prepared to pay him that and Yank were the first to wish him luck.
Good on the Tigers in my opinion - I dont see how any player can demand his match payments get doubled after doing one SANFL pre-season and then being dumped by the magoos.
Anyway, played for the Bears and didnt trouble the scorers against a side not prolific for its defence.


Haha champ how much do you actually know and take notice to previous posts? He didn't play for Meningie and lined up for Sturt kicking 2 majors.

Yeah haha hey.
Champ
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:13 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sat May 10, 2014 7:10 pm

The Roos gave the Dees a fair working over on the side of the hill today I hear. About 12 goals.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests