Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:38 am

mighty hounds wrote:
afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Christies were awful, how the hell did they beat Valleys?

Having witnessed that game first hand....Valleys were horrible, just a bad day and Christies played extremely well and deserved the win. A committed side on its day can always beat a good side without that commitment. Fortunately that was reversed on Saturday with a strong team performance against Edwardstown, especially from some of the younger guys who really stepped up.

:roll:

So you're suggesting that Flagstaff Hill are a 10 goal better side than Happy Valley then? I also notice you didn't bold the bit where I said "Christies played extremely well and deserved the win". A lot of clubs have bad days where the team doesn't gel and good oppositions take advantage of this.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 am

Seen Flaggies this year afc?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue May 06, 2014 10:59 am

Heard mumblings that Hackham played too many points on the weekend. Any other reports on this?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:Seen Flaggies this year afc?

I'll be perfectly honest and say no I haven't although always look at all results. No doubt improved, which I'm not questioning, just questioning if they are a 10 goal better side than Valleys?
afc9798
Reserves

Postby MatteeG » Tue May 06, 2014 1:28 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:Heard mumblings that Hackham played too many points on the weekend. Any other reports on this?

What happens if they did?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:59 pm

MatteeG wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:Heard mumblings that Hackham played too many points on the weekend. Any other reports on this?

Loss of premiership points and fines I believe, but it's not covered in the prescribed penalties in the SFL constitution. Would have to be hefty I would have thought. Would probably involve an SFL Executive decision.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby King » Tue May 06, 2014 5:34 pm

afc9798 wrote:

I'll be perfectly honest and say no I haven't although always look at all results. No doubt improved, which I'm not questioning, just questioning if they are a 10 goal better side than Valleys?

To be explicit, no one at Flaggies has even remotely suggested that we are a 10 goal better team than HV.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

King wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

To be explicit, no one at Flaggies has even remotely suggested that we are a 10 goal better team than HV.

Not suggesting anyone linked with Flaggies has, was just a response to the rolling eyes from supporter of club unknown....
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Mister Footy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:34 pm

afc9798 wrote:
King wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Not suggesting anyone linked with Flaggies has, was just a response to the rolling eyes from supporter of club unknown....

To defend my old mate AFC I agree we were pretty poor that day and Christies seemed pretty motivated. Some ex HVFC people being involved down there no doubt enjoyed that win - good luck to them

Flagstaff V Valleys will be a cracker of a game this year. Have heard that Flaggies have improved under Rod Mitchell which would suprise no one at HVFC. Also heard they have more than one ex HVFC member helping out with their A grade this year including someone who is also currently working with a local AFL team - can anyone from Flaggies confirm this?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 pm

afc9798 wrote:

I think everyone in footy knows you cant compare results from week to week to match 2 teams that havent played each other yet. Dont think anyone would think Flaggies would be a 10 goal better team than Happys with the recent record. Flaggies are playing a much better brand of footy this year with some good early signs.

Interesting NPG is back in town and played his first game at Lofty on the weekend.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Mister Footy » Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

one reason why NPG not at HV this year and hope those on committee realise it
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 am

I did see Flaggies and a very good side they are.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:41 am

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

I think everyone in footy knows you cant compare results from week to week to match 2 teams that havent played each other yet. Dont think anyone would think Flaggies would be a 10 goal better team than Happys with the recent record. Flaggies are playing a much better brand of footy this year with some good early signs.

Interesting NPG is back in town and played his first game at Lofty on the weekend.

As always, we look forward to the local 'Showdown' and will be a much better day with an improved Flaggies outfit. Would love to have NPG out there, but it's not to be. Also great to see so many of our younger guys getting a run and performing really well at A grade level, can only benefit the club going forward.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 am

Tippin' Time:

Brighton v Reynella - Reynella by 34
Christies vs Marion - Christies by 90
Cove vs Flagstaff - Flaggies by 40
Edwardstown v Aldinga - Edwardstown by 150
Hackham v Happy Valley - Vikings by 50
Morphies v OSB - Roos by 120
Port Noarlunga v Morphett Vale - Emus by 24

Enjoy the weekend and take an umbrella!!
afc9798
Reserves

Postby King » Sat May 10, 2014 11:36 pm

First time ever Flaggies won all five grades at Cove today. Was great to see two young teams full of home grown talent in the A Grade dish up a very entertaining game. It truly was what local grass roots community footy is all about!
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Turbo » Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 am

King wrote:First time ever Flaggies won all five grades at Cove today. Was great to see two young teams full of home grown talent in the A Grade dish up a very entertaining game. It truly was what local grass roots community footy is all about!

Was a great game. Well done Flaggies for the win. Hoping the guy stretchered off and taken to hospital is ok
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Enjoyed the game, while small I like watching footy at Cove, great contested footy.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby GoUblues » Tue May 13, 2014 9:34 pm

afc9798 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Loss of premiership points and fines I believe, but it's not covered in the prescribed penalties in the SFL constitution. Would have to be hefty I would have thought. Would probably involve an SFL Executive decision.

Any update here.....?? Word is Noarlunga also have several of their 'retirees' back out on the track......expect that means the loss of some of those extra points??
GoUblues
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Oldman Munga » Wed May 14, 2014 6:40 am

GoUblues wrote:
afc9798 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Any update here.....?? Word is Noarlunga also have several of their 'retirees' back out on the track......expect that means the loss of some of those extra points??

Booga does'nt like spectating , 330 games and counting
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby ol man emu » Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 am

GoUblues wrote:
afc9798 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

loss of points, percentage and fine.
not sure how much the fine is.
when you play a junior to bring the points down he has to have played 25 junior games for your club.
Hackam used a player that has played 25 junior games but not at Hackam.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL