Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 26, 2014 12:53 pm

chopper7 wrote:How can you stop Hamley when their midfielders are hitting the score board as much as they are? Simple answer you can't!!
Huge game for them this weekend though, win and they go into the bye sitting pretty on top. These 5 or so blokes are causing some serious headaches for opposition coaches, you tag Thach and Stribling runs a amuck. Tag Stribling and Thach runs a muck. What would be the sides biggest weakness?

Ask Two Wells. I heard they pansted hamley last time out. Will be a good contest between the two this week
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Lame Choice » Mon May 26, 2014 3:11 pm

chopper7 wrote:How can you stop Hamley when their midfielders are hitting the score board as much as they are? Simple answer you can't!!
Huge game for them this weekend though, win and they go into the bye sitting pretty on top. These 5 or so blokes are causing some serious headaches for opposition coaches, you tag Thach and Stribling runs a amuck. Tag Stribling and Thach runs a muck. What would be the sides biggest weakness?

The impending El Niño
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm

I havent' seen them in action yet, but possibly the dependence of all these midfielders on Doudell's dominance in the ruck. I'm told he put it down their throat at a stoppage more often than not. I'm pretty sure there is good reason why Stribling is close mates with Doudell :D May also explain why they struggled against Two Wells when Doudell was up against Feast.

That aside it appears as though they have quality players all over the ground which is what you want. They will be tough to beat.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

I havent' seen them in action yet, but possibly the dependence of all these midfielders on Doudell's dominance in the ruck. I'm told he put it down their throat at a stoppage more often than not. I'm pretty sure there is good reason why Stribling is close mates with Doudell :D May also explain why they struggled against Two Wells when Doudell was up against Feast.

That aside it appears as though they have quality players all over the ground which is what you want. They will be tough to beat.

Feast didn't play last time against Hamley, so that match up in itself will be worth the $6 alone
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon May 26, 2014 5:54 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Feast didn't play last time against Hamley, so that match up in itself will be worth the $6 alone

There goes that theory then :oops: :oops:
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby chopper7 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

There goes that theory then :oops: :oops:

Anyone calling this a Grand Final preview already?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 pm

chopper7 wrote:

only if you think TW will be playing by themselves on 20 Sept.

Hamley have had a good start to the year, but jeez, all this talk of mail medals and premierships are a bit premature.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby wangas#4 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Bit early to be talking about grand finals it is still only May plenty of footy to be played yet.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby chopper7 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Hamley have had a good start to the year, but jeez, all this talk of mail medals and premierships are a bit premature.

Just trying to spice things up a bit on here LC, gets boring just coming on here and reading who you are all tipping ;)
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue May 27, 2014 4:56 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Just trying to spice things up a bit on here LC, gets boring just coming on here and reading who you are all tipping ;)

Fair enough Choppy :)

I reckon HB are a good chance to make the finals if they can manufacture some team ethos. Then when it really matters in Sept, they'll get hammered just like last year because other things are on the player$ mind$. Spicey enough?
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Could be a tough few weeks coming up for Hamley with a few injuries starting to arise.
Match of the round is definitely United v Balaklava IMHO.
Fighting for top 4.
The return of Stephen Drainer v his arch nemesis Balaklava.
Will he get targeted?
Will balak seek revenge?
Massive game!!
THACHY_7
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby hairy cat » Tue May 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Hey meal vouchers who in balaks side is gonna pummel drainer
He is safe as a house this game will have Andy and doug all over it!!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 pm

hairy cat wrote:Hey meal vouchers who in balaks side is gonna pummel drainer
He is safe as a house this game will have Andy and doug all over it!!

Pearson will pummel him with verbal insults. That bloke can talk some serious smack.
I don't think Balak have anyone who will target him behind the play or anything too dirty. If he gets hit, it'll be fair and in the play.
THACHY_7
Rookie

Postby hairy cat » Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

serious smack pearson his voice hasn't broken yet!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Wed May 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Will be interesting to see who attends tonights first A grade Association training. Tonight at Mallala 630pm then next Thursday night at Mallala 630pm for selection.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby BOMBERS » Wed May 28, 2014 6:11 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Will be interesting to see who attends tonights first A grade Association training. Tonight at Mallala 630pm then next Thursday night at Mallala 630pm for selection.

Have you got a list of the squad magpie?
BOMBERS
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby lutz » Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 pm

I hear V Thach not very happy with coach Heberle. It was publicised on Facebook that Hebs did not prevent his opponent crunching Thach in a marking contest. What is less well known is the Thursday previous Thach was told his payments were being renegotiated due to club finances/non performance. Unhappy man!
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed May 28, 2014 8:48 pm

BOMBERS wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Will be interesting to see who attends tonights first A grade Association training. Tonight at Mallala 630pm then next Thursday night at Mallala 630pm for selection.

Have you got a list of the squad magpie?

Only 17 out of 37 there tonight, noticed joel monty ,griff ,king, wise stribling, beard, Pym, dowbell, greenshields, seccafien, hardiman, Obrien(red head) some of the other names not real sure of sorry. forgot micheal, birchmore,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby THACHY_7 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:42 pm

lutz wrote:I hear V Thach not very happy with coach Heberle. It was publicised on Facebook that Hebs did not prevent his opponent crunching Thach in a marking contest. What is less well known is the Thursday previous Thach was told his payments were being renegotiated due to club finances/non performance. Unhappy man!

You are absolutely correct.
Very unhappy.
Expect a few clearances before June 30.
Stribling, Dowdell and Duncan also gone.
THACHY_7
Rookie

Postby lutz » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Hamley might see the error of their ways, sack Heberle and get Greenwood back.

Also hear Joey, the brother of Gawler Centrals star Charlie Molenyeux is tossing up playing for either GC or Hamley. Any truth?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy