SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Dols » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Robran wrote:Well done to paul and the Westminster f.c today showed my boys how to play 4 quaters of footy credit too them we move on now to next week against a side that has been up and down all year but had a great win today against clg thanks para hills for that one keeps us in the hunt for the double chance looks like havens a def flag favourites and deserve to be...

Must say as usual div5 very open, anyone can win the flag on their day.

Havens had a good win today but Brahma really had a crack. Havens could have destroyed the tigers but their forwards had an off day in front of goal. They kicked 15.15 between the 2 of them. The turtle contributing 9 goals 8 points!!!! 17 shots on goal, not a bad day out!!!!
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby zedman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 am

Robran wrote:Well done to paul and the Westminster f.c today showed my boys how to play 4 quaters of footy credit too them we move on now to next week against a side that has been up and down all year but had a great win today against clg thanks para hills for that one keeps us in the hunt for the double chance looks like havens a def flag favourites and deserve to be...

20 goal different team at home..amazing record at the paddocks with the scalps of BLFC ALFC CBOCFC GFC NHFC and now CLGFC plus a 2 point loss to WOSFC and then losing ALL their away games..they totally deserved the win and continued a spate of inconsistent efforts from our boys since about round 8..as i said on here nearly a week ago..we dont pencil in ANY games as "wins"..the competition is way to tight for that and the next 3 weeks will bring many twists and turns..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 am

Someone was posting that Westminster were late movers in the premiership race.
Made a statement on the weekend.

Luthies' spot in the five under the pump, they'll be fighting for that until the last game, against Elizabeth.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Boosh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Someone was posting that Westminster were late movers in the premiership race.

Luthies' spot in the five under the pump, they'll be fighting for that until the last game, against Elizabeth.

I pencilled them in as dark horses last week
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 am

It was a very good effort from our guys on the weekend. 6 forced changes from the team that lost to CLG the weekend before but everyone who came in played their tole. It was probably only the second time this year we have had a 4 quarter effort the other being against greenacres in round 9. Hopefully we can carry the momentum into the last 3 games starting with a long road trip to Trinity this week.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Robran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:46 am

Boosh wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Someone was posting that Westminster were late movers in the premiership race.

They played extremely well there ball movement was quick and caught eliz off gaurd.. we were flat from the outset almost like we didnt want to be there again this will be a very interesting last few weeks.. boosh or zed were u lucky enough to get div 1 umpires as they had the week off..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 am

Robran wrote:
Boosh wrote:

They played extremely well there ball movement was quick and caught eliz off gaurd.. we were flat from the outset almost like we didnt want to be there again this will be a very interesting last few weeks.. boosh or zed were u lucky enough to get div 1 umpires as they had the week off..

pretty sure they werent from div 1 but they were definitely from a higher division..
zedman
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Robran wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Do we struggle when we have to go further south than North Terrace, Robran?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Robran wrote:
Boosh wrote:

We did get higher grade umpires and they were brilliant, our game wasn't the most intense as you could imagine but the umpiring could not be faulted.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Robran wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Do we struggle when we have to go further south than North Terrace, Robran?

Beat Luthies away. Glandore Oval is unique and would be hard to play for the the novice, I wouldn't be sounding too alarmed about the loss, probably a timely one to get the minds back on track and realize you have to put 4 quarter efforts in to win games.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote: Beat Luthies away. Glandore Oval is unique and would be hard to play for the the novice, I wouldn't be sounding too alarmed about the loss, probably a timely one to get the minds back on track and realize you have to put 4 quarter efforts in to win games.

Not alarmed. I think it's a tough comp.
Glandore sucks to play, I don't think we've ever played well there.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: Beat Luthies away. Glandore Oval is unique and would be hard to play for the the novice, I wouldn't be sounding too alarmed about the loss, probably a timely one to get the minds back on track and realize you have to put 4 quarter efforts in to win games.

Exactly, it would've been $1.90 for either team to win, it's of my opinion that you don'rt want to be heading into finals with anything over an 8 game winning streak, complacency kicks in too often.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Agreed, it doesn't let up in this grade. Brahma is the only easy game, 3 games left and all are difficult.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby BIG_REDS » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm

zedman wrote:

20 goal different team at home..amazing record at the paddocks with the scalps of BLFC ALFC CBOCFC GFC NHFC and now CLGFC plus a 2 point loss to WOSFC and then losing ALL their away games..they totally deserved the win and continued a spate of inconsistent efforts from our boys since about round 8..as i said on here nearly a week ago..we dont pencil in ANY games as "wins"..the competition is way to tight for that and the next 3 weeks will bring many twists and turns..

It's frustrating to watch zed man. Their best is good enough to be a top 3 side (as proven) but their worst is very bad and worthy of relegation. Just need to get the young guys another season under their belts and hope they can close the gap between best and worse.
BIG_REDS

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby beeched iizzz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Would it be be fair to say that 3 teams in D5 are good (NH,CLG,EFC)

And the rest a poo!
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby turk186 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 pm

beeched iizzz wrote:Would it be be fair to say that 3 teams in D5 are good (NH,CLG,EFC)

And the rest a poo!

Would this be an educated guess or an attempt to provoke a response :roll:
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby turk186 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Knob
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby WOS Dragons » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Exactly, it would've been $1.90 for either team to win, it's of my opinion that you don'rt want to be heading into finals with anything over an 8 game winning streak, complacency kicks in too often.

I don't know about that, Elizabeth were coming off an 8 game winning streak and we had lost our last 2 and hadn't beaten any one of the top 3 teams. I'd say it was a bit of an upset.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby zedman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 am

BIG_REDS wrote:
zedman wrote:

It's frustrating to watch zed man. Their best is good enough to be a top 3 side (as proven) but their worst is very bad and worthy of relegation. Just need to get the young guys another season under their belts and hope they can close the gap between best and worse.

it would be frustrating but it looks like you have escaped relegation and live to fight another year in div 5 with good wins to create the platform for 2015..
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

WOS Dragons wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I don't know about that, Elizabeth were coming off an 8 game winning streak and we had lost our last 2 and hadn't beaten any one of the top 3 teams. I'd say it was a bit of an upset.

certainly was..and looks like warburton, woods, kildea, easton, kay and starling all missed as well..why did ferris get carried off the oval at the end?
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League