End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Talk on the national game

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

stan wrote:Tom Boyd is just looking for the first chance back to Victoria. That is all. Its abit soft and piss poor. I would trade him to the dogs, seriously. Enjoy that environment where even the captain wants out. Or trade him to the saints and he can get flogged each week for the next few years.

Why is it poor?

He's a talented kid who was always going to play at the AFL level. Why shouldn't he play where he want's to after he has done his mandatory two years as per the AFL rules (he's followed the rules by going to the club that drafted him for his 1st contract) . I mean if the club doesn't like them after two years they will "cut" them why can't the player "cut" the club after two years??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:46 am

Coz he's only done ONE year and wants out....
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:47 am

ive said this before, but this isnt about tribal club loyalties anymore, this is their workplace. and if they are employable and want to work somewhere else, they should be able to.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 am

bennymacca wrote:ive said this before, but this isnt about tribal club loyalties anymore, this is their workplace. and if they are employable and want to work somewhere else, they should be able to.

Especially considering they don't get to choose where they go initially...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:00 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:ive said this before, but this isnt about tribal club loyalties anymore, this is their workplace. and if they are employable and want to work somewhere else, they should be able to.

When they go in the draft they agree to play 2 years at whatever club drafts them. They have to suck it up or not play AFL.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:10 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

When they go in the draft they agree to play 2 years at whatever club drafts them. They have to suck it up or not play AFL.

or they can request a trade, and that can be denied of course but they are within their rights to request it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

i get that but its a bit stiff IMO.

18 year old kid, probably never left home gets drafted interstate away from all his mates and family and is forced to be there

imagine if any other industry did that.

50 odd sparkys finish trade school and your boy is the best of the lot, gets picked up by Con's dodgy electrical (apologies to any Con's out there) in Tibooburra NSW on a two year deal. spends the first year out there and hates it then wants to come home AND an experienced sparky says, yeah i wanna go to Tib...

Con says no deal!

you're a jerk Con, a real jerk!!!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:21 am

IF they got paid north of 100k to do it I'm sure they would...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2634 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:21 am

Just make all contracts 1 year max, the system will soon sort itself out
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3561 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

imagine the speculation year after year...that would never work
there is nothing wrong with the current contract system except for free agency IMO
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2634 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

18 year old kid, probably never left home gets drafted interstate away from all his mates and family and is forced to be there

50 odd sparkys finish trade school and your boy is the best of the lot, gets picked up by Con's dodgy electrical (apologies to any Con's out there) in Tibooburra NSW on a two year deal. spends the first year out there and hates it then wants to come home AND an experienced sparky says, yeah i wanna go to Tib...

Con says no deal!

you're a jerk Con, a real jerk!!!

Rather than go to Con's he can always try his luck getting a job at his local sparky for a fraction of Con's wage and then get another job to supplement his income
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:07 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:[quote="Mr Beefy]When they go in the draft they agree to play 2 years at whatever club drafts them. They have to suck it up or not play AFL.[/quote]

Con says no deal!

you're a jerk Con, a real jerk!!![/quote]
Rather than go to Con's he can always try his luck getting a job at his local sparky for a fraction of Con's wage and then get another job to supplement his income[/quote]

somewhere like visy as an ambassador would probably work

what you're saying is not fulfill his dream and settle for Con's poor little brother George (aka SANFL) or the rich cousin Jonny (aka SAAFL or country league) while 'moonlighting' as a Maccas drive through attendant... sounds great!
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:58 am

Stanley plus pick 60 to the Cats for pick 21 is a done deal apparantly.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:00 pm

Rumours the Crows have entered the race for Ryder, pick 10 has been mentioned. Cant see it happening, has made his mind up about going to Port
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:Rumours the Crows have entered the race for Ryder, pick 10 has been mentioned. Cant see it happening, has made his mind up about going to Port

would be great for the crows, but cant see it happening
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:Rumours the Crows have entered the race for Ryder, pick 10 has been mentioned. Cant see it happening, has made his mind up about going to Port

i was actually saying this to someone last week, that the cows should go after him.. Crows need to be ruthless.. Gee, i hope they get him just for sh1ts and giggles... Will be very entertaining as a neutral
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Frosty » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I can't wait to see what sort of game plan Chris Scott is looking to implement at Geelong with Hawkins/Clark/Stanley all in the side - sounds like a kick it in quick, long and high (if that's possible) and hope someone can take a mark. Not quite sure how this is going to play out!
Frosty
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Pup » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 pm

I like the Stanley trade, I think he has a huge amount of potential
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pup » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 pm

am Bays wrote:
stan wrote:Tom Boyd is just looking for the first chance back to Victoria. That is all. Its abit soft and piss poor. I would trade him to the dogs, seriously. Enjoy that environment where even the captain wants out. Or trade him to the saints and he can get flogged each week for the next few years.

Why is it poor?

He's a talented kid who was always going to play at the AFL level. Why shouldn't he play where he want's to after he has done his mandatory two years as per the AFL rules (he's followed the rules by going to the club that drafted him for his 1st contract) . I mean if the club doesn't like them after two years they will "cut" them why can't the player "cut" the club after two years??

Because that's not how the system works or should work.

Free Agency is for that, If you are loyal and work hard for the club that selected you then eventually you will be able to have that choice. The quicker clubs put their foot down and say no i am not trading you this year and next year unless we get a good deal (GWS) then you can go into the PSD and try your luck but we are not going to get held over a barrel just because you are a little homesick/have been offered more money.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Pup wrote:I like the Stanley trade, I think he has a huge amount of potential

Yep, I'm surprised Carlton didn't go after him and St Kilda didn't fight to keep him more!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL