HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby overthehill » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:10 pm

yeah id agree with that. Obviously except the fact Grocke is playing for Onkas and you've said Hahndorf but besides that i think i agree
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Legs, I havent said much on the issue but seriously mate, you got what your after, how about let it go...
Your constant badgering for Bridgy to go down has become boring at best.

I understand your passion on the matter when Echunga were in danger of dropping and I had no problem with you standing up for what you believe in and whats special to you, but now that won't happen, just walk away.

With you now going about the only right thing to do is for Bridgy to go down or the other clubs have bias etc are just plain stupid, and heres why....

Weren't you the one calling for common sense in keeping Echunga bla bla bla, so why is it not common sense Bridgy get THE SAME right to common sense given that most other clubs read the rules to state that Bridgy did enough to stay up before the court hearing...

Or is it that common sense only applies when it works in Echunga's favour???

You had your win, walk away instead of bashing the issue of Bridgy going down!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:14 pm

R. White wrote:Alright, enough is enough. Lets talk some footy!
What are peoples thoughts on teams this year, looks like it will be another tight year with any number of teams capable of winning the flag.

Echunga- last year will fill them with confidence. With a few more class players added in they will be right up there.
Uraidla- Could go either way. Is their time up? Are they too old? i would think not. I would expect them to be in the top 3
Lobethal- Haven't heard much, nor do i know much about their team or recruiting. If they got to a prelim and only had 17 fit at the end i would suspect they would be confident in making it further this year
Mt Barker- have plenty of resources and vary rarely miss out on finals. Question will be if they can lure some players to help them get back to the top
Blackwood- Seem to always be around he mark but never really threatening. i dont expect big things from them this year either.
Ironbank- always seem to be on the brink of a finals appearance. I reckon that this year they might make it. Jars will know the team a little better and get a bit more out of them.
TV- Whilst the money man is still there they will always be competitive. May push for a top 5 spot based on the second half of last year.
Bridgewater- Maybe a county div flag or probably another bottom half finish. Which is not a bad thing as they are devolving a young and talented team.
Onkas- its been said before, they promise the world and deliver squat. I think Mcghey will have a positive impact but i just cant see them winning enough to make the five.
Hahndorf- Sounds like they lost Roberts, replaced by Grocke. One player can make a hell of a difference but the loss of Roberts will negate most of the impact Grocke will have. tough to see them getting off the bottom.
Mt Lofty- Stronger team than when last in central. Last year would give them confidence. Have lost Gordon though. 6th to 8th is my prediction.

to sum it up i dont think the top 4 will change much in terms of teams and would suspect that any one of them can win it. With that in mind footy is a strange game and you cant write any team off!
Sorry for the long winded post but i think its about time we got on with footy.

For Eagles skipper, Luke Powell rumoured to be joining a Hills club. I've actually heard he'll be at either Onkas or Hahndorf. Any truth at all to these?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby overthehill » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 pm

My mail says he was in discussions with both clubs but neither could come up with the cash he required thus signed at McLaren Vale
overthehill
Rookie

Postby running defender » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Luke powell to southern club was in talks with an Adelaide plains club to. So oth your right. Big loss if Gordan gone . Still plenty of time to pick up a few recruits. Darwin season finished in 6 weeks.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:Legs, I havent said much on the issue but seriously mate, you got what your after, how about let it go...
Your constant badgering for Bridgy to go down has become boring at best.

I understand your passion on the matter when Echunga were in danger of dropping and I had no problem with you standing up for what you believe in and whats special to you, but now that won't happen, just walk away.

With you now going about the only right thing to do is for Bridgy to go down or the other clubs have bias etc are just plain stupid, and heres why....

Weren't you the one calling for common sense in keeping Echunga bla bla bla, so why is it not common sense Bridgy get THE SAME right to common sense given that most other clubs read the rules to state that Bridgy did enough to stay up before the court hearing...

Or is it that common sense only applies when it works in Echunga's favour???

You had your win, walk away instead of bashing the issue of Bridgy going down!

I actually don't agree with ANYONE getting relegated - so please read my posts properly.
All I have stated is that the clubs now have their hands tied with respect to a 10 team comp as they vehemently rejected expanding to more teams when asked to previously.
Any club that can field all required sides should be allowed to play Central with natural attrition sorting out which division they play in moving forward.
Let's face it - if a club is getting repeatedly beaten in Central common sense will see them want to play in the division that best suits them.
Of course every club has a right to common sense which is what I keep saying - and that applies even more so now that the Supreme Court felt similarly.
Remember it was all aspects of the situation taken into account with the decision - not just the interpretation of the by law.
That is why the judge was so adamant that his decision was not to be manipulated or tampered with.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:47 pm

What are peoples thoughts on teams this year, looks like it will be another tight year with any number of teams capable of winning the flag.

Echunga- last year will fill them with confidence. With a few more class players added in they will be right up there.
Uraidla- Could go either way. Is their time up? Are they too old? i would think not. I would expect them to be in the top 3
Lobethal- Haven't heard much, nor do i know much about their team or recruiting. If they got to a prelim and only had 17 fit at the end i would suspect they would be confident in making it further this year
Mt Barker- have plenty of resources and vary rarely miss out on finals. Question will be if they can lure some players to help them get back to the top
Blackwood- Seem to always be around he mark but never really threatening. i dont expect big things from them this year either.
Ironbank- always seem to be on the brink of a finals appearance. I reckon that this year they might make it. Jars will know the team a little better and get a bit more out of them.
TV- Whilst the money man is still there they will always be competitive. May push for a top 5 spot based on the second half of last year.
Bridgewater- Maybe a county div flag or probably another bottom half finish. Which is not a bad thing as they are devolving a young and talented team.
Onkas- its been said before, they promise the world and deliver squat. I think Mcghey will have a positive impact but i just cant see them winning enough to make the five.
Hahndorf- Sounds like they lost Roberts, replaced by Grocke. One player can make a hell of a difference but the loss of Roberts will negate most of the impact Grocke will have. tough to see them getting off the bottom.
Mt Lofty- Stronger team than when last in central. Last year would give them confidence. Have lost Gordon though. 6th to 8th is my prediction.

to sum it up i dont think the top 4 will change much in terms of teams and would suspect that any one of them can win it. With that in mind footy is a strange game and you cant write any team off!

Dont be sorry, its a great post. I feel sorry for YOU, you're playing a lone hand representing you're club well. There are a couple on here who are undoing all the good work by yourself.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby chopper7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:01 pm

cracka wrote:

Dont be sorry, its a great post. I feel sorry for YOU, you're playing a lone hand representing you're club well. There are a couple on here who are undoing all the good work by yourself.

Pretty spot on I reckon Whitey! Throw in Pieterson-Grey as a lose for the Devils as well.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:51 pm

cracka wrote:

Agree with both your posts, bar the Grocke and Roberts gone to SPOC I have read elsewhere.
Am wondering about Uraidla after losing last year. Is it correct to say a lot of their imports have been there for years ( thus some zero pointers ) so they could have some points to chase more?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:54 pm

chopper7 wrote:
cracka wrote:

Pretty spot on I reckon Whitey! Throw in Pieterson-Grey as a lose for the Devils as well.

Agreed - pretty well how I would summarise it too.
Grocke is at Onkas though I reckon and not Hahndorf.
Ironbank are my smoky as I reckon the side will look pretty strong come round 1 and they will then add to this in areas of deficiency after a few rounds.
Can Mt Lofty do what Echunga did and win the title?
Echunga were extremely lucky with injuries which plays a key factor but the extra few this year should cover this.
Uraidla will be itching to have another crack and Loby didn't reach their full potential last year due to injuries.
Mt Barker copped a few injuries also when it mattered and I actually considered them the toughest side around the stoppages.
Some awesome matches coming this year!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby chopper7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
cracka wrote:

Agree with both your posts, bar the Grocke and Roberts gone to SPOC I have read elsewhere.
Am wondering about Uraidla after losing last year. Is it correct to say a lot of their imports have been there for years ( thus some zero pointers ) so they could have some points to chase more?

Delvins and Ivans would still be 3 points each and they only have 9 points to play with so really can only recruit one player!
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby PussInBoots » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Legs Man my old mate, you have got to stop.

Please do the users of this forum and the members of the mighty Echunga FC a favour by not posting anymore dribble.

Give yourself another self-imposed ban but make it permanent this time please.

Your posts are toxic and are fast making us a very unpopular club.
PussInBoots
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:18 pm

thanks Chopper, but don't they drop a point each year they have been at the club so be worth 2 each now? Or does that take more than one year?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 pm

PussInBoots wrote:Legs Man my old mate, you have got to stop.

Please do the users of this forum and the members of the mighty Echunga FC a favour by not posting anymore dribble.

Give yourself another self-imposed ban but make it permanent this time please.

Your posts are toxic and are fast making us a very unpopular club.

Sorry to offend PIB - not the intention.

Public forum , personal opinion - and should be taken as such.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:35 pm

Legs Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
cracka wrote:

Agreed - pretty well how I would summarise it too.
Grocke is at Onkas though I reckon and not Hahndorf.
Ironbank are my smoky as I reckon the side will look pretty strong come round 1 and they will then add to this in areas of deficiency after a few rounds.
Can Mt Lofty do what Echunga did and win the title?
Echunga were extremely lucky with injuries which plays a key factor but the extra few this year should cover this.
Uraidla will be itching to have another crack and Loby didn't reach their full potential last year due to injuries.
Mt Barker copped a few injuries also when it mattered and I actually considered them the toughest side around the stoppages.
Some awesome matches coming this year!

Imagine the meltdown here if it's a Echunga Lofty GF. There would be teams getting relegated everywhere
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby running defender » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:11 am

Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.
Any player that has played league for majority of year and goes to a country club is 4pts, unless they played junior's at your club then they are zero pts.
The AAPS is a very interesting topic, that needs a independent review and a lot of discussion. You can play in a grand final with 11pts miss the 5 next year with 9pts say you only win 5 games and next year you get 13 doesn't add up. Also teams coming from country shouldn't have their previous seasons included In your averages. Whats the thinking?
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:36 am

running defender wrote:Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.
Any player that has played league for majority of year and goes to a country club is 4pts, unless they played junior's at your club then they are zero pts.
The AAPS is a very interesting topic, that needs a independent review and a lot of discussion. You can play in a grand final with 11pts miss the 5 next year with 9pts say you only win 5 games and next year you get 13 doesn't add up. Also teams coming from country shouldn't have their previous seasons included In your averages. Whats the thinking?

Correct. Ebel retired? Pretty keen to continue I think. I'm sure they'll have a recruit come out of the woodwork to enhance there chances of another GF appearance.
Boras - a huge in for TV. Expect to see him at the top of the goal kicking table alongside Grocke. From what I saw last year there is no one in the comp big/ good enough to stop Grocke if he is fair dinkum. May have a similar affect on the competition as S Grimm did from Hahndorf. (Watched him win a GF at Onkas from the goal square).
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby tedbullpit » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:02 am

Rubber Chest wrote:
running defender wrote:Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.

Correct. Ebel retired? Pretty keen to continue I think. I'm sure they'll have a recruit come out of the woodwork to enhance there chances of another GF appearance.
Boras - a huge in for TV. Expect to see him at the top of the goal kicking table alongside Grocke. From what I saw last year there is no one in the comp big/ good enough to stop Grocke if he is fair dinkum. May have a similar affect on the competition as S Grimm did from Hahndorf. (Watched him win a GF at Onkas from the goal square).

Uraidla have only 6 points allocated this season. Ivens & Delvins both 3.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby citycoaster17 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:07 am

Any truth that Liam Jurrah may be heading to the Hills?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby overthehill » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:42 am

Grocke is heading overseas and will only play his first game for Onkas in round 11
overthehill
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy