Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 am

Sorry for the typo WOW ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 pm

field of dreams wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:
Yank
In - Kanes x 2, Hinge, Wilson, Kay
Out - Ashton Place


Big ins - 5 ex league footballers plus Wilson their old captain (who played in Waikerie's flag last year)

Murray Football League YANKALILLA Fittock, Patrick Pending 2015-02-02
South Australia National Football League (SANFL) YANKALILLA Hinge, John Pending 2015-02-02
South Australia National Football League (SANFL) YANKALILLA Kane, Ben Pending 2015-02-12
Great Flinders Football League YANKALILLA Kay, Joel Approved 2015-02-02 2015-02-06
Hills Football League SA YANKALILLA Lewis (snr), Ryan Pending 2015-02-10
Riverland Football League YANKALILLA Wilson, Matthew Pending 2015-02-05

You say Kanes x2 WoW- as in Chris from WWT?


Can't see how but that's what I was told - not enough points to play with. Found a few $$ though!


Certainly seems that way!

I can't remember if the points system has been changed since last year or not. If not I get:

EB 9
Wi 9
St 11
LC 11
GPE 13
McL 13
Ya 13
MtC 15
My 15
VH 15

Hinge, Kane & Kay would be 11 I think. Lewis and Wilson 0. Fittock was still 2points in 2013 - not sure how that works (played 23 games in total for Yank in 2012/13). Dunno if they have any others still carrying points.


The Coach & Sidebottom??
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Hey LF - Is Tyler Robinson from Jervois playing for you boys this year?
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Yeah he is. Still lives in the bridge but I think his girlfriend is down this way. Lobbed up one night and hasn't missed too many sessions since. Nice guy and looks pretty quick
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
User avatar
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:20 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
The Coach & Sidebottom??


Sidebottom is 3 years in, so 0 points. Coach, guessing he'd be 2 or 3 still.

Yank have shown in past years that they don't mind having more points on their list than they can put on the field though.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions but why not:

Encounter bay
strathalbyn
mcclaren-have recruited quality
goolwa pt elliot
yankalilla-waste of $$$ if they dont!

willunga
langhorne creek
victor
Myponga sellicks
mt compass
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm

oldbomber wrote:Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions but why not:

Encounter bay
strathalbyn
mcclaren-have recruited quality
goolwa pt elliot
yankalilla-waste of $$$ if they dont!

willunga
langhorne creek
victor
Myponga sellicks
mt compass


My instant reaction to that was Pongy 9th?? Willunga 6th??.... Then I tried to have a go too - Nah I think your best prediction is that it "Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions" lol
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:19 am

I can tell you all this... Top 3 will be in no particular order..... Yank best midfield, compass best forward line, Victor best
Backline, the rest will make up Numbers
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

LexLuther wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
oldbomber wrote:Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions but why not:

Encounter bay
strathalbyn
mcclaren-have recruited quality
goolwa pt elliot
yankalilla-waste of $$$ if they dont!

willunga
langhorne creek
victor
Myponga sellicks
mt compass


My instant reaction to that was Pongy 9th?? Willunga 6th??.... Then I tried to have a go too - Nah I think your best prediction is that it "Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions" lol

I think you have no idea mate.... Stick to talking your home club up you absolute nuffy


Hi Lex- nice to have a new contributor on here. Quality first post by the way- always a wise move to make a good first impression with some name calling. Finally gathered up the courage to post at 3am I see - jacks or beam helps hey! No luck chasing men in spandex suits last night?

Sorry, sometimes I do get carried away and post about things I obviously know nothing about. In future I'll stick to saying 'victor rules' and leave the rest to your superior intellect. I guess I should just be thankful we get free internet here at Bedford so I get to see how trolls operate.

Anyway, I see you think this years top 3 will be last years 7th, 9th and 10th!! Big call but I hope you are correct.

Go Victor!!
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Jimmy Recard » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Any news on the enigma that is Tom Redden... Would be great to see the big man fly in the GSFL!!!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:31 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:Any news on the enigma that is Tom Redden... Would be great to see the big man fly in the GSFL!!!


signed at encounter bay. i think he's currently overseas (south america maybe) and will be back in a few weeks.
User avatar
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 am

Richard Chee Quee wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Any news on the enigma that is Tom Redden... Would be great to see the big man fly in the GSFL!!!


signed at encounter bay. i think he's currently overseas (south america maybe) and will be back in a few weeks.


How many pts for Tom Redden would he be 4
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Neck Breather » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:01 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Richard Chee Quee wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Any news on the enigma that is Tom Redden... Would be great to see the big man fly in the GSFL!!!


signed at encounter bay. i think he's currently overseas (south america maybe) and will be back in a few weeks.


How many pts for Tom Redden would he be 4


dont think redden played league footy last year. 3 points i would have thought
User avatar
The Neck Breather
Mini-League
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:28 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Old man river » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Yank best midfield?? don't think there will be much better than hunt Allen gum and carrol?
Old man river
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Old man river wrote:Yank best midfield?? don't think there will be much better than hunt Allen gum and carrol?

I agree that those 3 are going to be hard to beat. I just don't see the same depth as Thompson, Kane x2, Lewis Snr, Wilson, Micka and even throw in Hinge as a big body
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Old man river » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 pm

LexLuther wrote:
Old man river wrote:Yank best midfield?? don't think there will be much better than hunt Allen gum and carrol?

I agree that those 3 are going to be hard to beat. I just don't see the same depth as Thompson, Kane x2, Lewis Snr, Wilson, Micka and even throw in Hinge as a big body

Yea I agree
Old man river
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby G.O.A.T » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:31 am

goolwa best midfiled, goolwa best forward line, goolwa best back line .
G.O.A.T
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Old man river wrote:
LexLuther wrote:
Old man river wrote:Yank best midfield?? don't think there will be much better than hunt Allen gum and carrol?

I agree that those 3 are going to be hard to beat. I just don't see the same depth as Thompson, Kane x2, Lewis Snr, Wilson, Micka and even throw in Hinge as a big body

Yea I agree


Thompson, Kane x 1, Wilson, Sidebottom, Kay & Hinge will run through their midfield - no doubt that is very strong but the Bays & Strath also have very good mids. Hunt, Gum, Allen, Carroll, Hoey & Ogilive will still be more than handy.
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:07 pm

G.O.A.T wrote:goolwa best midfiled, goolwa best forward line, goolwa best back line .


Did the loan come through ????? :shock:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Old man river wrote:Yank best midfield?? don't think there will be much better than hunt Allen gum and carrol?


And Tilt or is he jsut going to play permanent forward pocket and kick snags all day.... ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14642
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 875 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests