Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:47 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:I tend to think assuming the Amateur League is only fielding less then 66 total Clubs (comprising Divs 1-6 and the top half of Div 7) then there's a reasonable argument for C/D grades to be allowed to field 25 man teams against A/B Grade 21 sides.

after seeing what my young team mates went through yesterday, i dont understand why you are all for 25 man teams?

15 out of the 25 players get to play only 50% of the game, how is that justifiable? how is that enticing to the individual?

Maybe they should work harder to get a B-Grade game
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 am

Boosh wrote:Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.

There is my pet hate ticked off for the day. An anonymous poster calling an umpire a cheat. Actually anyone calling an umpire a cheat. Now let's discuss the 2 goals over turned by the NH umpire. The out of bounds over ruling from the middle of the ground when we ran into open goal and I could go on. I don't think any umpire goes out there to cheat. Some people are way to quick to throw that word around and I'm guessing it's those that have never umpired. The umpiring reflects the standard of the Grade IMO and if you could do a better job then please do.

As for the D grade coach confirming it. I will call him during business hours but will be very surprised if what you say is true.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Boosh wrote:Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.

There is my pet hate ticked off for the day. An anonymous poster calling an umpire a cheat. Actually anyone calling an umpire a cheat. Now let's discuss the 2 goals over turned by the NH umpire. The out of bounds over ruling from the middle of the ground when we ran into open goal and I could go on. I don't think any umpire goes out there to cheat. Some people are way to quick to throw that word around and I'm guessing it's those that have never umpired. The umpiring reflects the standard of the Grade IMO and if you could do a better job then please do.

As for the D grade coach confirming it. I will call him during business hours but will be very surprised if what you say is true.

I enjoyed the spear tackle two metres in front of the North Haven Umpire. "Play on"

Would have got weeks had it been attempted in front of a neutral umpire
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Who is your D grade umpire?

Boosh isn't annonymous.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:24 am

wristwatcher wrote:

Please do, that's what our coach and ruckman say he said to them.

If you want to PM me I will give you my name phone number and anything else you would like to remove anonymity.

Only reporting on a forum what was told to me when I had a conversation with our D Grade coach and remarked that it was a pretty good comeback and he told me it was a bit assisted.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am

Boosh wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Please do, that's what our coach and ruckman say he said to them.

If you want to PM me I will give you my name phone number and anything else you would like to remove anonymity.

Only reporting on a forum what was told to me when I had a conversation with our D Grade coach and remarked that it was a pretty good comeback and he told me it was a bit assisted.

*only defaming an identifiable individual using a pseudonym from second hand information.

Anonymous internet posts are a pretty pathetic way of having a crack at an identifiable person's integrity.

If your coach honestly believes that happened it should be reported to the League.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Hefty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Some interesting results over the wkend. Didn't see Unley beating PAOC in both grades.......great results for the Jets.

Olds Igs seemed to have stepped up from last year as well with some good results early.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Chris ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Umpires eh ?????? Wristy ....Round 1 at the Den. "Bomber" clearly took the mark in the dying seconds ..........so the post match story goes...:)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Cohiba wrote:Umpires eh ?????? Wristy ....Round 1 at the Den. "Bomber" clearly took the mark in the dying seconds ..........so the post match story goes...:)

You know I am a fair man mate. I agree it looked like a mark but there were all sorts of hands and fists and it bobbled and bounced around and from where I was (150 metres away) it could have gone either way.

I think there is a big difference between not paying a mark and changing goal umpires decisions, over ruling boundary umpires and yelling all clear goal then saying 'I cant over rule'. None the less I will never use the C word on a public forum. You will also find that no matter what I will go and shake all umpires hands and say "thanks for umpiring".

I think its a load of rubbish when people come on here and just call someone a cheat. I find it hard to believe its even allowed on the forums but whatever, its not my problem. As I mentioned before the league maybe should put the best umpires in Div 8 reserves :roll: I may be wrong but I wouldn't think any umpire at D grade level is a trained professional.

I'm not sure how the umpire influenced the 6.6 we kicked in the last quarter as the ball wasn't even at his end. Having spoken to a neutral observer I was told the umpiring was below standard both ways (not the exact words) Anyway each to their own.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Is there any truth to the comments that I heard about PAOC in round 1 having a heap of the schools first 18 boys running around in the C grade as they didnt have a game because of school holidays? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with it - I am just curious as they were so much quicker than last season in both C and D grade - I dont have time to look at teams etc just asking the question?
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:00 pm

TEX07 wrote:Is there any truth to the comments that I heard about PAOC in round 1 having a heap of the schools first 18 boys running around in the C grade as they didnt have a game because of school holidays? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with it - I am just curious as they were so much quicker than last season in both C and D grade - I dont have time to look at teams etc just asking the question?

If they did do that very smart. Compensates for their lack of ability to give Under 18s a taste of senior football before committing full time to a senior environment which can only help their transition.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:Umpires eh ?????? Wristy ....Round 1 at the Den. "Bomber" clearly took the mark in the dying seconds ..........so the post match story goes...:)

You know I am a fair man mate. I agree it looked like a mark but there were all sorts of hands and fists and it bobbled and bounced around and from where I was (150 metres away) it could have gone either way.

I think there is a big difference between not paying a mark and changing goal umpires decisions, over ruling boundary umpires and yelling all clear goal then saying 'I cant over rule'. None the less I will never use the C word on a public forum. You will also find that no matter what I will go and shake all umpires hands and say "thanks for umpiring".

I think its a load of rubbish when people come on here and just call someone a cheat. I find it hard to believe its even allowed on the forums but whatever, its not my problem. As I mentioned before the league maybe should put the best umpires in Div 8 reserves :roll: I may be wrong but I wouldn't think any umpire at D grade level is a trained professional.

I'm not sure how the umpire influenced the 6.6 we kicked in the last quarter as the ball wasn't even at his end. Having spoken to a neutral observer I was told the umpiring was below standard both ways (not the exact words) Anyway each to their own.

I don't disagree that when it's tight any contentious decisions are going cause some angst. At that level it will always be the same unless (as you suggest) they can have the "luxury" of trained neutrals....looking after the match.....

Mind you if at some point in time the other 9 clubs were seriously of the same voice regarding an individuals performance......it might be a little harder to defend I would think..... The thought is academic because I doubt if you could ever achieve that kind of consensus.....

That said sometimes you take the good with the bad, hope you make the finals, where at least there is a more level playing field....... 8)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Trader » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Both North Haven and PNU have historically had bad umpires in the D's.
GG used to have a young kid who was slightly biased, though he's matured into a good umpire.

PAOC/SPOC/Scotch etc have played school kids during school holidays for decades. Generally during July when numbers are lighter, but has also been happening in April and August as well.

As for 25 players, the rotations are easy. You have seven spots on the bench.
Slot 1: Ruck/Bench
Slot 2: Rover/Forward Pocket/Bench
Slot 3: Ruck-Rover/Back Pocket/Bench
Slot 4: Centreman/Half-forward flank/Bench
Slot 5: Wing/Wing/Bench
Slot 6: Half forward flank/Forward Pocket/Bench
Slot 7: Half back flank/Back pocket/Bench

FF, CHF, CHB, FB, Back Pocket play the full game
Ruck 1 and 2 play 50% each.
BP, HBFx2, Wingsx2, HFFx2, FPx2, Bench 2-7, Rover, RR, C - 67%

As injuries show up during the game those percentages increase dramatically.

All players are advised of their rotation pregame and are responsible for ensuring it occurs. Bench players get the runner to pull the guys off as required and it all moves without the coach needing to worry about it. Coach can stick to coaching.
Easy!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jetters » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 pm

jo172 wrote:
TEX07 wrote:Is there any truth to the comments that I heard about PAOC in round 1 having a heap of the schools first 18 boys running around in the C grade as they didnt have a game because of school holidays? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with it - I am just curious as they were so much quicker than last season in both C and D grade - I dont have time to look at teams etc just asking the question?

If they did do that very smart. Compensates for their lack of ability to give Under 18s a taste of senior football before committing full time to a senior environment which can only help their transition.

They had a few in their E grade on the weekend
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Trader wrote:As for 25 players, the rotations are easy. You have seven spots on the bench.
Slot 1: Ruck/Bench
Slot 2: Rover/Forward Pocket/Bench
Slot 3: Ruck-Rover/Back Pocket/Bench
Slot 4: Centreman/Half-forward flank/Bench
Slot 5: Wing/Wing/Bench
Slot 6: Half forward flank/Forward Pocket/Bench
Slot 7: Half back flank/Back pocket/Bench

FF, CHF, CHB, FB, Back Pocket play the full game
Ruck 1 and 2 play 50% each.
BP, HBFx2, Wingsx2, HFFx2, FPx2, Bench 2-7, Rover, RR, C - 67%

As injuries show up during the game those percentages increase dramatically.

All players are advised of their rotation pregame and are responsible for ensuring it occurs. Bench players get the runner to pull the guys off as required and it all moves without the coach needing to worry about it. Coach can stick to coaching.
Easy!

why does the back pocket play the full game :) and yeah great for the rucks plays 50% of the game, plays 50% of the season

which is the same for the 15 players who dont get full games. 50% of the game = 50% of the season

its a nice equation but not even gonna bother debating the unexpected variables or changes that would blow this out the water

25 players in side is ridiculous - i know the idea means well, but for the individual, the product on offer (to spend most games on the bench) is mediocre & un-inviting & eventually a depressing day out for each individual who just wants to play footy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Trader » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Those unexpected variables are great, it increases the game time for the remaining 24 players!
It's rare with D-graders that you make it through a half without an injury, let alone the full game.
Normally by 1/4 time the ruck rotation has already moved to the forward pocket with the first injury.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Trader wrote:Those unexpected variables are great, it increases the game time for the remaining 24 players!
It's rare with D-graders that you make it through a half without an injury, let alone the full game.
Normally by 1/4 time the ruck rotation has already moved to the forward pocket with the first injury.

d graders sure, seven 40 year olds on the bench, its a good thing for them to just play 2 quarters

but a cgrader side full of 18/19 year old kids how long ya think theyre gonna stick around getting splinters in their ass every week

and then consider the 19 year old individual.... trains twice a week, sacrifices these 2 nights for his club, goes to a physio (spends $50), maybe goes to a chiro (spends $50), buys socks, shorts, doesnt go out on a friday night for footy sake, then pays a match fee ($10), pays petrol to get to games & to training.... and ALL so he can spend 47 minutes on the ground in an 88 minute football game, spending the remaining time on the bench depressed as f##k

is it really worth the effort busting your ass all week for 2 quarters of footy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Jetters wrote:
jo172 wrote:

They had a few in their E grade on the weekend

I dont have a problem with it, they would be registered players so no issue from me - just more curious because they were just so much quicker. Pretty hard to ever have a crack at PAOC for how they pick their teams, last years side in D8R would have beaten a big chunk of Div8 sides but they won both GFs so doesn't matter where you put players - they have huge numbers. One thing I hated was the fact that they dont have enough guernseys to fill the grades with different numbers - was a small thing but the week we played there was two 28s on the field - one had a piece of tape at the end making him 281 - the guy was tall, thin, quick and had similar hair to the other number 28 - im saying they looked alike and was hard to keep tabs on. It really didnt matter we didnt have anyone to keep up on either of them but did catch me out on about 4 occasions myself when I knew I was manning up on one and went to the wrong guy leaving mine free, small I know but it was slightly confusing - well for me anyway!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:17 pm

marbles wrote:
Trader wrote:Those unexpected variables are great, it increases the game time for the remaining 24 players!

d graders sure, seven 40 year olds on the bench, its a good thing for them to just play 2 quarters

but a cgrader side full of 18/19 year old kids how long ya think theyre gonna stick around getting splinters in their ass every week

and then consider the 19 year old individual.... trains twice a week, sacrifices these 2 nights for his club, goes to a physio (spends $50), maybe goes to a chiro (spends $50), buys socks, shorts, doesnt go out on a friday night for footy sake, then pays a match fee ($10), pays petrol to get to games & to training.... and ALL so he can spend 47 minutes on the ground in an 88 minute football game, spending the remaining time on the bench depressed as f##k

is it really worth the effort busting your ass all week for 2 quarters of footy

If a 20 year old kid is spending $100 per week for medically trained professionals to treat him so he can play footy then maybe the kid should be finding another sport to play. It's one of the reasons why I stopped playing at 23, the continual visits to physios and rehabbing a chronic hamstring injury when it was Football that was the root cause of the injury. Time to give it way....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League