Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 am

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Few upsets today. Any comments?
.

Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 am

Compass too good in the end over Myponga, made the most of their chances in the end. Very physical game with both sides losing players through out.
Massive wins by Victor & Mclarens - Are they both the real deal?
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 am

field of dreams wrote:
neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Few upsets today. Any comments?
.

Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!

Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am

interesting ladder curently 3 of 5 of last years finals struggling early including reigning premiers!
shaping up to be a very even comp this year
Attachments
2015-04-27 09.51.03.png
2015-04-27 09.51.03.png (81.71 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote: Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)


Yawn.

words of wisdom wrote:Compass too good in the end over Myponga, made the most of their chances in the end. Very physical game with both sides losing players through out.
Massive wins by Victor & Mclarens - Are they both the real deal?


Both Bays and Victor copped plenty on injuries on sat too.

Too early to tell IMO- Victor's pre-season work is paying dividends in these early stages, and advantage that may fade as the season progresses. GPE look to be the side to beat at this point but hard to rule out any side just yet. Tipping from week to week won't be easy - looks to be very even. Surprised by Strath's (lack of) form??
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

words of wisdom wrote:Compass too good in the end over Myponga, made the most of their chances in the end. Very physical game with both sides losing players through out.
Massive wins by Victor & Mclarens - Are they both the real deal?


I did pick both Victor and Compass to finish in the top 3 this year... but having said that I also predicted Yank... guess 2 out of 3 aint bad so far
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Little Master » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Few upsets today. Any comments?
.

Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!

Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)


16 blokes playing for VH a's on the weekend that live in VH. not a bad % for a county footy team. Of the others a majority have been there for multiple years. Reaping the rewards of the junior program. Speaking of juniors.............
The Little Master
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:09 pm

The Little Master wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Few upsets today. Any comments?
.

Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!

Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)


16 blokes playing for VH a's on the weekend that live in VH. not a bad % for a county footy team. Of the others a majority have been there for multiple years. Reaping the rewards of the junior program. Speaking of juniors.............


Hey look dad I have caught something!!!!!..........Throw it back son its only a little shitty !! =))
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Little Master » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Hey look dad I caught something.....that's great son, I love spending quality time with you. I still wish you played footy on Saturdays though. Pity your club is useless. Maybe we will take you to VH next year.
The Little Master
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 am

The Little Master wrote:Hey look dad I caught something.....that's great son, I love spending quality time with you. I still wish you played footy on Saturdays though. Pity your club is useless. Maybe we will take you to VH next year.


Oh dear calling clubs useless really hurts LM, lets not get into a debate over juniors because I believe you might be "The little master debater" :shock:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Little Master » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am

Classic stuff!!! Here fishy fishy!!!
The Little Master
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The eclipse fan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:13 am

dogsrbarkin wrote:
The Little Master wrote:Hey look dad I caught something.....that's great son, I love spending quality time with you. I still wish you played footy on Saturdays though. Pity your club is useless. Maybe we will take you to VH next year.


Oh dear calling clubs useless really hurts LM, lets not get into a debate over juniors because I believe you might be "The little master debater" :shock:


Very interesting are we referring to the fact that Mount Compass hasn't got a junior colts and struggling to field a senior colts??
I was reliably told that there was a mass exodus of kids dew to a problem with the decisions and some people at management level!
They are also appalled that several commitee members have taken their kids to other clubs instead of helping rebuild!
No kids no future! The father who told me is discussed!

Can anyone confirm?? Maybe dogs are barking?

On another note was at Victor game and was it just me or was one of the umpires heavily biased one way possibly! Looked bad too me!!
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:07 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 am

The Little Master wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Few upsets today. Any comments?
.

Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!

Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)


16 blokes playing for VH a's on the weekend that live in VH. not a bad % for a county footy team. Of the others a majority have been there for multiple years. Reaping the rewards of the junior program. Speaking of juniors.............


You'd hope that would be the case given Victor is one of the largest country towns in the State, there is really no excuse for not having a team full of locals.
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 127 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Firstbounce » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Clubs with problems at Junior Level is not uncommon these days . It is a major concern when committees see the A grade only as the whole Club. Mt Compass will not be the only one with problems here , I know of another who is heading down the same path. Have lost so many Juniors over the past 6-7 years and can't get them back. And unfortunately most Clubs don't have the drawing power , population that VH & EB have , this is not a slur on these two Clubs . I say good luck to them and more importantly they do put good time and effort in to the Junior side and have reaped rewards. Not all things are rosy in the GSFL at the moment , the next couple of seasons could see Club changes , some going is my tip..
Firstbounce
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:56 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Firstbounce wrote:Clubs with problems at Junior Level is not uncommon these days . It is a major concern when committees see the A grade only as the whole Club. Mt Compass will not be the only one with problems here , I know of another who is heading down the same path. Have lost so many Juniors over the past 6-7 years and can't get them back. And unfortunately most Clubs don't have the drawing power , population that VH & EB have , this is not a slur on these two Clubs . I say good luck to them and more importantly they do put good time and effort in to the Junior side and have reaped rewards. Not all things are rosy in the GSFL at the moment , the next couple of seasons could see Club changes , some going is my tip..


Not sure any clubs will disappear in the next couple of seasons but having no juniors for an extended period will hurt any club. Mt Compass & probably Yank are short or struggling for numbers but it just means you have to work twice as hard to keep the kids around. Keeping their parents happier is normally the problem.... GSFL is still the premier country comp.
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:31 am

Myponga, 2 points... Midfield should be too strong.
Victor, 15 leaving last years premiers 0-4
Mclaren 4 points eBay struggling with a bit of consistency latley
Yank 2 points, upset of the round (hope my boys can get up)
Compass 15 if Hoban plays, Look strong on paper. wasn't that impressed by goolwa last week
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby G.O.A.T » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:07 pm

not impressed with Goolwa enough to tip them but happy to go with Yank after the 50 point loss................ makes sense
G.O.A.T
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri May 01, 2015 11:13 am

Round 4
Creek v Myponga ..... Mudlarks did the job last year under lights will do it again margin 23 pts

Strath v Victor.....Question ? how much have strath slipped v How much have victor improved.....Victor by 11pts (better juniors ;) )

Bays v McLaren.....Bays 1pt- Awesome contest bays will be looking to right last weeks wrong

Willunga V Yank..... willuga to bounce back in the daylight by 36 pts

Compass v Goolwa...Two unbeaten sides here will be worth the $6 even tho theres no junior colts game for me Dogsrbarkin by 9pts

Look forward to a great weekend of footy country and city !!!!

RIP DAISY DAY
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LuvsFooty » Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 am

I will only be paying $5 due to one less game on the fixture and I expect dogsbarkin to get out from the keyboard and buy me a beer.

Odds on me only paying $5 - Betting suspended
Odds on a beer from dogsbarkin - 300/1
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
User avatar
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby stun72 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:20 pm

How is Matt Wilson at Yankalilla going this year??
Saw him play a few games in the Riverland last year.
stun72
Under 16s
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:48 pm
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests