Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby luvayarn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

What a load of crap Lex , as i know one of them personally whom has returned and he has returned for good $$$, you and dogsbarkin should worry about what is going on at your club rather than takin cheap shots on here about what other clubs are pay (a good place to start would be think about your junior grades ) .
luvayarn
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 pm

luvayarn wrote:What a load of crap Lex , as i know one of them personally whom has returned and he has returned for good $$$, you and dogsbarkin should worry about what is going on at your club rather than takin cheap shots on here about what other clubs are pay (a good place to start would be think about your junior grades ) .


Mate I'm not having a dig at anyone's club. I'm just stating cold hard facts as I do have friends in compass and some of the playing group. How do you think they could afford Hoban, tiller, cobetts x2, Shultz. I think these local boys want success, this is why they are getting it.
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby luvayarn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 pm

As i said i too know a particular local who has banded together for the $$$ and nothin else. Hoban not there for the love of the club and if you think Tiller is there because he just wanted to play there well you have been mislead. Just because you do not have many point allocated each Saturday does not make them all locals , as xome have been there a few years. I for one do not give a rats arse where they spend their money , but just maybe they should start to think about the rebuilding of their juniors Instead of worrying about what other clubs financials are.
luvayarn
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Would love to know this player in question
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Given I brought it up, I re-iterate.... I don't have a problem with compass's setup (senior) in the slightest. In fact it is admirable and one most clubs are aiming for. And lex what you are saying is something I can relate to - I drove from Adelaide (as an ex-local) for 17 odd years and never asked for a cracker, and I take pride in the fact that helped my club pay for quality recruits. Nice to hear that there are still some that play for the love of the game, their club and don't have their hand out constantly.
I like dogs' input on here as it is pretty quiet nowadays, but I was just poking him for the $ signs he puts in his posts about other clubs. I know it was getting on others nerves too.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby The Little Master » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Pinyon gets paid. Simple as that but no one cares, he can play. But don't sledge others for paying money unless you've got all your little ducks in a row. Compass have no little ducks
The Little Master
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:00 am

Compass are doing it well - good mix of recruits & locals. I doubt they would be spending more than they can afford. However the senior success & low junior numbers could end up being a double edge sword.
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby luvayarn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:51 am

words of wisdom wrote:Compass are doing it well - good mix of recruits & locals. I doubt they would be spending more than they can afford. However the senior success & low junior numbers could end up being a double edge sword.

Exactly Wow. If Lex and dogs put as much energy into helping sort their junior grades issues out as they do taking cheap shots about monies spent at other clubs , then people might willingly off some form of help, but when all they want to do is post negative crap on here about other clubs, then i for say they get what they deserve.
luvayarn
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Anyway...

Anyone know of association squads or final line ups?? I'm surprised that there is little to no promotion of these matches. I would have thought that teams for all grades would be plastered over the net and social media by now to spark some interest
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
User avatar
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Dont think there is much interest in interleague these days and even more so when matches are scheduled on long weekends, unless you have to play im thinking most would not watch the game and more likely to head away or just enjoy the long weekend. judging by turnouts to recent games I believe majority of people are losing interest in the concept. not sure how to revive it so maybe it gets scrapped in the next few years and everyone enjoys the week off. Considering sometimes the best players dont make themself available who cares if a full strength gsfl beats a half strength sfl or vice versa if there is no league ranking system...that said I dont think a league ranking system will secure the future of interleague matches.
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby luvayarn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:41 pm

oldbomber wrote:Dont think there is much interest in interleague these days and even more so when matches are scheduled on long weekends, unless you have to play im thinking most would not watch the game and more likely to head away or just enjoy the long weekend. judging by turnouts to recent games I believe majority of people are losing interest in the concept. not sure how to revive it so maybe it gets scrapped in the next few years and everyone enjoys the week off. Considering sometimes the best players dont make themself available who cares if a full strength gsfl beats a half strength sfl or vice versa if there is no league ranking system...that said I dont think a league ranking system will secure the future of interleague matches.
I think these games have been done to death if players do not want to make themselves available, i think the leagues just have to accept that as some players look forward to the break to refresh thir bodies for the 2nd half of the year. The only ones that carry on and try to suspend players for not making themselves available is the leagues, as the league bosses like to stand there and beat their chests and tell each other how good they are. Maybe they are the ones that should put the boots on for the weekend so we can all go have a laugh at them, as they always have plenty of shit to throw at some clubs.
luvayarn
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

From SportingPulse:
7 R. Barnes18 T. Brown2 D. Camac4 M. Elliott6 B. Ellis24 B. Godwin-Knott1 R. Haverty12 R. Hayes23 P. Hoban5 E. Horrocks16 A. Hunter17 D. Iljcesen13 T. Keeley25 A. Killian11 S. Ogilvie8 C. Perrey10 C. Sharples20 J. Standfield9 H. Tonkin3 M. Tonkin21 T. Vitkunas19 Z. Vitkunas15 E. Williams
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Ramadash » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:18 pm

How does Compass fill nearly 25% of association side!
Out of the 10 clubs if the best 2 players played in the game and an extra one from top 2 sides wouldn't be fairer?
How many have Victor, Bay, Goolwa and more important Pongy! Their coach so if they haven't got s fair representation what's that say about his faith in his players!
Don't think it's fair to rape compass of their players so the rest of the comp can rest their guns

I say scrap it let the guns have a rest!!
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Ramadash wrote:How does Compass fill nearly 25% of association side!
Out of the 10 clubs if the best 2 players played in the game and an extra one from top 2 sides wouldn't be fairer?
How many have Victor, Bay, Goolwa and more important Pongy! Their coach so if they haven't got s fair representation what's that say about his faith in his players!
Don't think it's fair to rape compass of their players so the rest of the comp can rest their guns

I say scrap it let the guns have a rest!!


Victor have Brown (capt) and Iljcesen. Graham was named according to FB too, but maybe he didn't make the final team. Don't think we are resting our guns mate!

Our coach has played more assoc, zone++ footy than anyone I can think of. He wouldn't deny them if they wanted to play.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 pm

field of dreams wrote:Given I brought it up, I re-iterate.... I don't have a problem with compass's setup (senior) in the slightest. In fact it is admirable and one most clubs are aiming for. And lex what you are saying is something I can relate to - I drove from Adelaide (as an ex-local) for 17 odd years and never asked for a cracker, and I take pride in the fact that helped my club pay for quality recruits. Nice to hear that there are still some that play for the love of the game, their club and don't have their hand out constantly.
I like dogs' input on here as it is pretty quiet nowadays, but I was just poking him for the $ signs he puts in his posts about other clubs. I know it was getting on others nerves too.


Orrr FOD I didn't mean to upset you and the others that you talk about ol mate please forgive me !!! :-({|=

I just drove past south Adelaide and the bloke had just changed the sign for tomorrows game "$outhern v Great Mount $outhern Compa$$"
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:06 pm

The Little Master wrote:Pinyon gets paid. Simple as that but no one cares, he can play. But don't sledge others for paying money unless you've got all your little ducks in a row. Compass have no little ducks



"Little Master Bater " you are talking a little bit of sh1t there mate and if you keep this up you will become a BIG one
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Orrr FOD I didn't mean to upset you and the others that you talk about ol mate please forgive me !!! :-({|=

I just drove past south Adelaide and the bloke had just changed the sign for tomorrows game "$outhern v Great Mount $outhern Compa$$"


That's ok dogs, apology accepted. Takes a big man to accept he's done wrong :lol: :lol:
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:21 pm

luvayarn wrote:As i said i too know a particular local who has banded together for the $$$ and nothin else. Hoban not there for the love of the club and if you think Tiller is there because he just wanted to play there well you have been mislead. Just because you do not have many point allocated each Saturday does not make them all locals , as xome have been there a few years. I for one do not give a rats arse where they spend their money , but just maybe they should start to think about the rebuilding of their juniors Instead of worrying about what other clubs financials are.


OK who kicked the cow turd to expose this Mushroom :shock: name and shame the local or its just as you say a Yarn !
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:22 pm

field of dreams wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:
Orrr FOD I didn't mean to upset you and the others that you talk about ol mate please forgive me !!! :-({|=

I just drove past south Adelaide and the bloke had just changed the sign for tomorrows game "$outhern v Great Mount $outhern Compa$$"


That's ok dogs, apology accepted. Takes a big man to accept he's done wrong :lol: :lol:


Have you been peeking in the shower room again !
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby luvayarn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:07 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
luvayarn wrote:As i said i too know a particular local who has banded together for the $$$ and nothin else. Hoban not there for the love of the club and if you think Tiller is there because he just wanted to play there well you have been mislead. Just because you do not have many point allocated each Saturday does not make them all locals , as xome have been there a few years. I for one do not give a rats arse where they spend their money , but just maybe they should start to think about the rebuilding of their juniors Instead of worrying about what other clubs financials are.


OK who kicked the cow turd to expose this Mushroom :shock: name and shame the local or its just as you say a Yarn !

As i expected from you Dogs, why would i give away the name of the bloke that whom is getting well paid no need to name and shame as there is no shame in being paid for his services as he is a very good footballler ,and if you were so much in the know at Compass as you say you are, you would know who it is, but you just wish you were.
As stated previous, dont worry about other clubs expenditure on players, worry about your own .
Move on
luvayarn
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests