Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am

Wynarka wrote:Whats the coaching situation looking like in the league. Any jobs look like being up in 2016?


Willunga ?
Myponga -ty taking over the reigns
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:36 am

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Wynarka wrote:Whats the coaching situation looking like in the league. Any jobs look like being up in 2016?


Willunga ?
Myponga -ty taking over the reigns


I have heard some news out of McLaren as well, gary is moving on after 4 years
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby kickittome » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:38 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Wynarka wrote:Whats the coaching situation looking like in the league. Any jobs look like being up in 2016?


Willunga ?
Myponga -ty taking over the reigns


Heard Willunga coach Anthony Murgatroyd is heading back to work in the Roxby mines, so that would mean Willunga looking for a new coach.
kickittome
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby kickittome » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Looks Like the top 5 is pretty much set now?
Willunga would be kicking themselves losing to the creeks now two wins behind strath in 5th spot with bays/myponga/victor & compass to play = 6/7 wins (6th spot)
Myponga tough run home mclaren/willunga/strath & victor would have to win all 4 plus a good % boost & rely on strath to win only 1 or 2 more = 5/6 wins (7th spot)
Strath having won 6 of the last 7 games having to play goolwa,mt comp, myponga & yank 1 or 2 wins might be enough for a chance to defend the flag. Hopefully they can get close to fielding there best team when it matters.

Looking at the Reserves having seen Willunga, Creek & Mclaren the last few weeks im picking a Willunga V Creeks Gf. Willunga have been miles ahead of the rest this year remaining unbeaten. Before last weeks round they averaged 111 pts for & 31pts against with a 80 pt winning margin & had kicked 521 pts more than second. Big favouries for the flag but we all know upsets can happen on the big stage.
kickittome
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:24 pm

kickittome wrote:Looks Like the top 5 is pretty much set now?
Willunga would be kicking themselves losing to the creeks now two wins behind strath in 5th spot with bays/myponga/victor & compass to play = 6/7 wins (6th spot)
Myponga tough run home mclaren/willunga/strath & victor would have to win all 4 plus a good % boost & rely on strath to win only 1 or 2 more = 5/6 wins (7th spot)
Strath having won 6 of the last 7 games having to play goolwa,mt comp, myponga & yank 1 or 2 wins might be enough for a chance to defend the flag. Hopefully they can get close to fielding there best team when it matters.

Looking at the Reserves having seen Willunga, Creek & Mclaren the last few weeks im picking a Willunga V Creeks Gf. Willunga have been miles ahead of the rest this year remaining unbeaten. Before last weeks round they averaged 111 pts for & 31pts against with a 80 pt winning margin & had kicked 521 pts more than second. Big favouries for the flag but we all know upsets can happen on the big stage.


If the news is correct then pongy are in strife with a major injury or 2, so I think its going to be:
Compass
Goolwa
Encounter
Victor
Strath

Reserves besides Willunga who else can win it unless the usual happens and a few clubs start Qualifying players and that's sh1t !!
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Round 15
Creek v Yank........ Only pride on the line here-Creek by 36

Strath v Goolwa...Great win last week has all but sealed a finals berth without the miners! will be a great game if full strength..Goolwa by 21 pts

Willunga v Bays.. No win no finals for the Dees so I will go for an upset Willunga by 5 pts

Myponga v McLaren... Mudlarks just have to win without the Big fella Myponga by 21 pts

Victor v Compass....Victor's slide to continue Bulldogs by 42 pts

Get around your side and Rain Rain GO away ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Had a good feeling yesterday morning dogs, didn't want to jinx it by tipping lol. Good last quarter.... When the doggies kicked 2 in a minute to get 11 points clear, it was hard to give Victor a chance but they stuck at it. Hope that can reinvigorate their belief- 3 games out but an elimination v strath beckons.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:45 pm

field of dreams wrote:Had a good feeling yesterday morning dogs, didn't want to jinx it by tipping lol. Good last quarter.... When the doggies kicked 2 in a minute to get 11 points clear, it was hard to give Victor a chance but they stuck at it. Hope that can reinvigorate their belief- 3 games out but an elimination v strath beckons.

All credit to the boys in blue well played ! To the overweight excuse in green its time!!!!!!
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:31 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:All credit to the boys in blue well played ! To the overweight excuse in green its time!!!!!!


Yeah tried his hardest to ruin a good game.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:47 pm

No coincidence that Compass have had such a good year - number of players used in the A Grade after 15 rounds:

MC 27
EB 36
GO 33
VH 39
ST 40
MY 36
WI 44
LC 35
ML 32
YA 44
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Going by FB posts, Killer Kellock to return to the Creeks in 2016??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15041
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 967 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm

am Bays wrote:Going by FB posts, Killer Kellock to return to the Creeks in 2016??


What have you seen exactly?

Hes looking good for a league medal and a flag...was loyal to the creeks for a while so cant see why he wouldnt be loyal to mannum. Needless to say both clubs will potentially make him their 'marquee' player offer with this bs salary cap coming in...both of these clubs are known to payout too so under the table offers in excess of max payout arent even out of the question-who wouldnt want him in your team?
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
Wynarka wrote:Whats the coaching situation looking like in the league. Any jobs look like being up in 2016?


Willunga ?
Myponga -ty taking over the reigns


Ty Allen will take over at Myponga.
Willunga - Ben "the Bull" Baxter with Mitch Portlock & David Hams as his assistants.
Mclarens - Powell or Luke Norman??
Been a lot of talk about Mt Compass needing a new coach but I think he'll stick around if the playing group stay together.
Is Burgess staying on at Strath?
Moore at the Creek?
Thompson staying at Yank?
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 pm

oldbomber wrote:
am Bays wrote:Going by FB posts, Killer Kellock to return to the Creeks in 2016??


What have you seen exactly?

Hes looking good for a league medal and a flag...was loyal to the creeks for a while so cant see why he wouldnt be loyal to mannum. Needless to say both clubs will potentially make him their 'marquee' player offer with this bs salary cap coming in...both of these clubs are known to payout too so under the table offers in excess of max payout arent even out of the question-who wouldnt want him in your team?


Nothing under the table - he'll just be picking grapes.... at a $1000 a bunch ;)
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby words of wisdom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:07 pm

MCLAREN stacking the B grade again? :lol:
User avatar
words of wisdom
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:26 am

words of wisdom wrote:MCLAREN stacking the B grade again? :lol:


Come on WoW...Maybe Loots's form warranted dropping after playing every game this year.
User avatar
field of dreams
Reserves
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:42 am

He did struggle in the b's. Would have only touched it 50 or 60 times
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
User avatar
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby oldbomber » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Well as finals are fast approaching in this tight comp absolutely anything could happen. I actually believe 4 of the top 5 are capable of winning it, thinking only victor cant mainly due to beating top side last week and losing to yank this week suggesting they lack consistency.

Im thinking bays are flag favourites at this stage as compass's form has dropped off a little bit however I think bays will want to avoid top spot this year as last year the two weeks off in finals really upset their momentum whilst strath found theirs and stole the flag. If bays play 3 out of 4 finals I think they are the safest bet however no such thing as a safe bet in gsfl this year.

Compass on their day are as good as anyone and could go straight through to gf or out in straight sets!

Magpies need their best team on the park and could possibly make it through to the gf and take it.

And strath, last years premiers have had a good back half of the year and will be a silly chance to go back to back. Expect their strongest line up for the year with all miners back for finals and they will be a great team on paper but prob wont have played with everyone available all season so if they can gel as a team could take some beating.

Either way looking forward to finals now the 5 is pretty much set.
oldbomber
Rookie
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby LexLuther » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 am

It's looking quite possible that encounter bay will only face 2 teams for the remainder of their season in goolwa and compass. This could be a big advantage for them
LexLuther
Mini-League
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:25 pm

field of dreams wrote:
dogsrbarkin wrote:All credit to the boys in blue well played ! To the overweight excuse in green its time!!!!!!


Yeah tried his hardest to ruin a good game.


Morning fod what happened down at Yank, massive surprise for all after last weeks effort ! Mate I heard that a umpire got Knocked out and they called the game off ? Was Leroy anywhere near the incident ???? :shock:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests