Diary of some pregnant blokes

Anything!

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:yeah, that's a shitty x-ray, you'd need to hope that you don't end up with a punctured lung by doing anything stoopid like taping one of your Mrs' preggo crack ups and sending it to her.

;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 pm

6-7 weeks to go and tonight is our first parenting class. Any advice gents?

I assume staying away from terms like fatty, chunky and whole lotta woman is advised. :D

I'm actually really looking forward to it which contradicts everything I have heard about them.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:56 pm

wristwatcher wrote:6-7 weeks to go and tonight is our first parenting class. Any advice gents?

I assume staying away from terms like fatty, chunky and whole lotta woman is advised. :D

I'm actually really looking forward to it which contradicts everything I have heard about them.

Sit down, shut up and ******* listen........ ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:06 pm

heater31 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:6-7 weeks to go and tonight is our first parenting class. Any advice gents?

Probably very good advice but a "that's gotta hurt" when they talk about the birth is going to be hard to contain :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Probably very good advice but a "that's gotta hurt" when they talk about the birth is going to be hard to contain :)

We shall keep an eye out for your obituary in the paper if you dare :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:19 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I do believe a comment such as this would end up hurting you more :axe:
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1222 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:25 pm

The way you blokes are building this up it sounds like some of the women in the room are going to have no sense of humour and a low tolerance to my "Sparkling Repartee". They may even be unpleasant to be around and moody. Way to bring me down lads :(

I would have thought it would be full of first time parents who are excited to be starting a new family. It's at 7.30 so all girls should have been fed.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I say go in with zero inhibitions and let us all know how that turns out.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Missus and I got plucked from the class to stand up the front and demonstrate me standing behind her and rocking her. Once I told the room "This is what got us into this mess in the first place" we weren't chosen as models again and I could sit back down and read SAFooty and Tatts.com on my phone.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Didn't find the classes too bad. Actually, they were kind of fun. But, at the time, we were in a country town and already knew everyone in the class.
It meant us lads got to go have a beer every now and then. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:40 pm

JK wrote:Missus and I got plucked from the class to stand up the front and demonstrate me standing behind her and rocking her. Once I told the room "This is what got us into this mess in the first place" we weren't chosen as models again and I could sit back down and read SAFooty and Tatts.com on my phone.

That's Gold!!! :lol:

They won't want to get me up the front, I have a whole routine to work through.

I will be at the back I reckon. TBH I have deliberately not looked into a few birthing and post natal details to ensure there is things I can take out of it. I have heard everything from "one class and you will never go back" to " I learnt a lot and you need to go to them". Hopefully we will be somewhere in the middle.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:41 pm

The highlight of the one I went to was when one of the pregnant women there accused her fella of perving at another pregnant woman's tits in the class!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5522 times
Been liked: 5156 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Spargo wrote:The highlight of the one I went to was when one of the pregnant women there accused her fella of perving at another pregnant woman's tits in the class!

Did you apologise to Mrs Spargo?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1222 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:47 pm

I remember with ours, we had a choice of 1, 4 hour class or 4, 2 hour classes. We went with the shorter option.
When they showed the video of a chick having a baby, one of the other preggo ladies went all white and fainted, her and her partner got sent home and never had to came back. I told my missus to faint so we could go home, but not to be.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Spargo wrote:The highlight of the one I went to was when one of the pregnant women there accused her fella of perving at another pregnant woman's tits in the class!

If I'm in a room with giant swollen titties and there is cleavage in the area my eyes work independently from my brain. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings either by not looking. :)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm

I didn't mind the classes either. The only one that I really didn't need to be at fully was the breastfeeding one, but it still helped.
It helped me a lot, because I did very little research before hand!

We found most people were easy going & accepted humour. I think most are quite excited & we didn't have any super hormonal crazy people in our class.

Highlight - The stereotypical bogan, who just sat there loudly discussing her life "Can you believe he wants a paternity test? I know he's the dad, but if he wants it, he can pay for it".

Lowlight - After sitting through the entire, 'complications & unexpected pregnancy issues' class. The teacher, summarizing, "an issue could be something we have discussed, like caesarean, or forcepts, etc, or it could be as something as your baby having red hair"... Lady please.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:22 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:

I didn't mind the classes either. The only one that I really didn't need to be at fully was the breastfeeding one, but it still helped.
It helped me a lot, because I did very little research before hand!

We found most people were easy going & accepted humour. I think most are quite excited & we didn't have any super hormonal crazy people in our class.

Highlight - The stereotypical bogan, who just sat there loudly discussing her life "Can you believe he wants a paternity test? I know he's the dad, but if he wants it, he can pay for it".

Lowlight - After sitting through the entire, 'complications & unexpected pregnancy issues' class. The teacher, summarizing, "an issue could be something we have discussed, like caesarean, or forcepts, etc, or it could be as something as your baby having red hair"... Lady please.

They have a rule in China where you can drown girls or boys with red hair.
wristwatcher
Coach

Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 pm

I attended my first parenting class on Wednesday. Mrs isn't due till October but she is like a bull at a gate with all this haha. Wasn't too bad actually. The only slightly awkward thing was my mrs said I was an engineer when we introduced ourselves, so then later in the class, the midwife was in the middle of giving some advice, stopped mid sentence and said but we don't have any scientific evidence for this... But...

Haha.

She must have noticed my scrutineering gaze hehe
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I attended my first parenting class on Wednesday. Mrs isn't due till October but she is like a bull at a gate with all this haha. Wasn't too bad actually. The only slightly awkward thing was my mrs said I was an engineer when we introduced ourselves, so then later in the class, the midwife was in the middle of giving some advice, stopped mid sentence and said but we don't have any scientific evidence for this... But...

Haha.

She must have noticed my scrutineering gaze hehe

Got to be honest, I really enjoyed it. I learnt a lot, asked the questions I needed answers to and had all commonly dispensed myths put to bed. The presenter was good and I ended up sitting next to an old PNU team mate. All 5 couples were pretty cool and we had a lot of laughs.

Next week the mock birth may not be as much fun but tonight was very important in the perpetration process.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:56 pm

I hear you were JD's birthing partner tonight, hope you left him in one piece, we need him for the finals pal.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion