Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

McGovern signed on for 3 years! Makes the Sloane news a bit easier to take.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

3 year extension for McGovern.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 37840
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 2081 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Noice!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28812
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1896 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28812
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1896 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Awesome news for the Crows, will still have the most dangerous forward line in the comp for a while yet. Probably the no 1 I'd want to keep out of the 3 that were in doubt.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43612
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 974 times
Been liked: 2377 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 348 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:52 pm

cracka wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.


Hard to find a professional 5th forward?
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 264 times
Been liked: 579 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby hawks21 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 pm

helicopterking wrote:
cracka wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.


Hard to find a professional 5th forward?

Backman are easier to find than tall forwards. Would be 2nd forward at the Eagles if he went there.

He did majority of the preseason on the wing and through the midfield so could turn into anything!
User avatar
hawks21
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm

helicopterking wrote:
cracka wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.


Hard to find a professional 5th forward?

Just think its harder to find an x factor tall forward than it is to find a cut off defender.
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 348 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby hawks21 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Any medical experts on here? Think Eddie played 12-13 days after his surgery so is 9 pushing it for Sloane?
User avatar
hawks21
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:08 pm

hawks21 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
cracka wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.


Hard to find a professional 5th forward?

Backman are easier to find than tall forwards. Would be 2nd forward at the Eagles if he went there.

He did majority of the preseason on the wing and through the midfield so could turn into anything!


Disagree,Good Rebounding/intercept marking backmen are hard to find and every top team has a good one,maybe 2.
Right now, Short term, Lever is way more important to the Crows then McGovern, but in 3 years, He probably won't be.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 264 times
Been liked: 579 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby jakovasaurus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

I have faith Jake Kelly can continue to make massive strides and help fill that Lever role.

Hopefully Doedee can progress and start playing next season too.

Who knows, McGovern could also be turned into a CHB/third tall down there and be as good if not better than Lever. He has the sticky hands for it like his brother.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:08 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:I have faith Jake Kelly can continue to make massive strides and help fill that Lever role.

Hopefully Doedee can progress and start playing next season too.

Who knows, McGovern could also be turned into a CHB/third tall down there and be as good if not better than Lever. He has the sticky hands for it like his brother.


Fair call, Kelly is solid cover for Lever who really does play the loose man with Talia and Hartigan/Keath taking the body shots.

Reckon Lever must have told them he's off and they coughed up the dough for McGovern.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41271
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3679 times
Been liked: 6292 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Agree on Kelly, similar player but about a year behind Lever

Couple of Journos saying he didn't get much more than his last contract
Last edited by Brodlach on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28812
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1896 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 pm

hawks21 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
cracka wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Out of the two he was the one I wanted most but I would still want Lever too.

Yeah same. I think McGovern would be harder to replace.


Hard to find a professional 5th forward?

Backman are easier to find than tall forwards. Would be 2nd forward at the Eagles if he went there.

He did majority of the preseason on the wing and through the midfield so could turn into anything!


helicopterking wrote:Disagree,Good Rebounding/intercept marking backmen are hard to find and every top team has a good one,maybe 2.
Right now, Short term, Lever is way more important to the Crows then McGovern, but in 3 years, He probably won't be.

Each to their own
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 348 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Sounds like they have had confirmation that Lever is gone, freeing up the $ to pay McGovern what he wanted.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37121
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 865 times
Been liked: 1469 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Jase » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Brodlach wrote:Agree on Kelly, similar player but about a year behind Lever

Couple of Journos saying he didn't get much more than his last contract
Just gives Kelly enough time to get to that good level and then bugger off back to Victoria

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jase
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Valley Parade
Has liked: 933 times
Been liked: 322 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:Sounds like they have had confirmation that Lever is gone, freeing up the $ to pay McGovern what he wanted.


I haven't read the story but what sort of $$$ did he sign on for?
Surely not anywhere near the $650k that was on offer from Freo?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6087
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1089 times
Been liked: 1137 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Jase wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Agree on Kelly, similar player but about a year behind Lever

Couple of Journos saying he didn't get much more than his last contract
Just gives Kelly enough time to get to that good level and then bugger off back to Victoria

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Just signed a contract extension :D
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28812
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1896 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Jase » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jase wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Agree on Kelly, similar player but about a year behind Lever

Couple of Journos saying he didn't get much more than his last contract
Just gives Kelly enough time to get to that good level and then bugger off back to Victoria

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Just signed a contract extension :D
For how long? He's 22 now... If it's 3 years then heading back home at 25... That's pretty much peak performance time...



Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jase
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Valley Parade
Has liked: 933 times
Been liked: 322 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests