What Are You Listening To Now?

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:12 am

Secret Chiefs 3 (Traditionalists) - Le Mani Destre Recise Degli Ultimi Uomini

http://downloads.webofmimicry.com/album ... imi-uomini

Tumor Circus - S/T

Testeagles - Just Another Bonus Disc
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
User avatar
Gozu
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11408
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 529 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Psyber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Yesterday afternoon it was a collection of classical Indian music I hadn't played for a while, and some Peruvian pipe music.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11627
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 234 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby UK Fan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Thoughts on the new foo fighters album ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 680 times
Been liked: 233 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm

UK Fan wrote:Thoughts on the new foo fighters album ???
Well listening to it straight away I compared it to their later albums and it's not as good as Wasting Light, I loved that album almost immediately after listening to a few songs. At the moment I think it's ok, doesn't really have any songs that really stood out to me straight away like a White Limo did. I'm going to have to listen to it a fair bit more to get a good handle on it but I think it's better than Sonic Highways.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26831
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5793 times
Been liked: 842 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Thoughts on the new foo fighters album ???
Well listening to it straight away I compared it to their later albums and it's not as good as Wasting Light, I loved that album almost immediately after listening to a few songs. At the moment I think it's ok, doesn't really have any songs that really stood out to me straight away like a White Limo did. I'm going to have to listen to it a fair bit more to get a good handle on it but I think it's better than Sonic Highways.


Only started rolling through it this morning, only 5 tracks in first time around, nothing has grabbed me yet.

I'll report back tomorrow.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Thoughts on the new foo fighters album ???
Well listening to it straight away I compared it to their later albums and it's not as good as Wasting Light, I loved that album almost immediately after listening to a few songs. At the moment I think it's ok, doesn't really have any songs that really stood out to me straight away like a White Limo did. I'm going to have to listen to it a fair bit more to get a good handle on it but I think it's better than Sonic Highways.


Only started rolling through it this morning, only 5 tracks in first time around, nothing has grabbed me yet.

I'll report back tomorrow.



It's definitely Not as good as Wasting Light.

Its solid Run, Make it Right and Lah De da are pretty darn good
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 680 times
Been liked: 233 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Regurgitator - Nothing Less Than Cheap Imitations

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
User avatar
Gozu
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11408
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 529 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am

Lovely girl, you’re the beauty in my world
Without you, there aren’t reasons left to find..
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18441
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 2900 times
Been liked: 529 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby MatteeG » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 am

25 Years old today. Still a beast.

helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 am

Black Sabbath Vol. 4.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:37 am

MatteeG wrote:25 Years old today. Still a beast.


There's something to be said for albums recorded when the whole band is unhappy with each other and the world (like Faith No More's "Angel Dust"). "Dirt" is a ******* might album. Angry Chair and Would? are awesome songs. Rooster is a also a classic - a sombre song about young men who went out into the field and didn't come back as winners. As a North fan I can identify with that.
With your bitch-slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue, you get nothin' done.
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 979 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:44 am

Booney wrote:Black Sabbath Vol. 4.

Great choice. Sabbath's greatest work IMHO. "Wheels of Confusion" is probably my favorite track (great guitar sound), along with "Under the Sun" and "Supernaut" - what a riff! "Tomorrow's Dream" is also a fave.
With your bitch-slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue, you get nothin' done.
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 979 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Magellan wrote:
MatteeG wrote:25 Years old today. Still a beast.


There's something to be said for albums recorded when the whole band is unhappy with each other and the world (like Faith No More's "Angel Dust"). "Dirt" is a ******* might album. Angry Chair and Would? are awesome songs. Rooster is a also a classic - a sombre song about young men who went out into the field and didn't come back as winners. As a North fan I can identify with that.


If Dirt was the sound of a band imploding, the self-titled album was the sound of the wheels well and truly having fallen off. It was as if Layne Staley knew he was on borrowed time, and it especially showed on the latter.

Both brilliant albums, but Alice In Chains just pips Dirt as my favourite AIC album.
Lovely girl, you’re the beauty in my world
Without you, there aren’t reasons left to find..
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18441
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 2900 times
Been liked: 529 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 pm

PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Magellan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Booney wrote:

Freddie Mercury wrote:I'm burning through the sky Yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm trav'ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

Great lyrics, just not sure how last line was meant to work in practice. ;)
With your bitch-slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue, you get nothin' done.
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 979 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Office is at "11" this afternoon.

PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm

PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Magellan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:Office is at "11" this afternoon.


That crowd is providing a funk dancing masterclass par excellence. For example, check out the couple going at it from 3:13 to 3:21.
With your bitch-slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue, you get nothin' done.
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 979 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Cross over.... :lol:

PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 pm

PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41425
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3700 times
Been liked: 6355 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests