2017 Off-Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Will Adelaide keep a bloke on their list who doesn't want to be there?
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40601
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3568 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Q. wrote:Crows request Zorko as trade for Cameron.

WTF.

Brisbane would be stupid to agree to that. But saying that. Strange things have happened.

How are ya anyway mate?

Seems legit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:Will Adelaide keep a bloke on their list who doesn't want to be there?


well we need someone to be playing next year ... we are running out of players :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Looking for all the Boats
Has liked: 910 times
Been liked: 56 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby LMA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

morell wrote:If I was the Crows and if possible:

Trade Sloane to Saints for picks 7 and 8
Trade 7 to Carlton for Gibbs
Trade 8 to Fre for Neale

Keep 10 and 16 and draft smart.


Or
Keep 8, trade 16 for Orazio, Stringer to Ess for 16
User avatar
LMA
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4054
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 277 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
Booney wrote:Will Adelaide keep a bloke on their list who doesn't want to be there?


well we need someone to be playing next year ... we are running out of players :D

I reckon if Sloane was to leave (Its a possibility). Tex would go on a killing spree. Just imagine if Geelong offered Sloane something like 1.3 million a year. That would be hilarious and I would like to see the look on Tex's face.
HOUGHTON RAIDERS DIV 7 RESERVES UNDEFEATED PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:05 am
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby LMA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
Booney wrote:Will Adelaide keep a bloke on their list who doesn't want to be there?


well we need someone to be playing next year ... we are running out of players :D

I reckon if Sloane was to leave (Its a possibility). Tex would go on a killing spree. Just imagine if Geelong offered Sloane something like 1.3 million a year. That would be hilarious and I would like to see the look on Tex's face.


He'd be off to Broken Hill, off to Broken Hill
User avatar
LMA
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4054
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 277 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hopefully we do something!


Get Francis in please

Put a first on the table and we might start talking


Late first early second. His value like Shache has dropped since first drafted
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby morell » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 pm

MW wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah probably not, but if it was possible thats what I'd do.

If Sloane is going in 2019 trade now whilst his worth is peaked. Even if its just

Out: Sloane
In; Pick 7 and Gibbs

There is no way Sloane goes this year, club will just not do it.

If he goes next year we will take 2 more 2018 first round draft picks and have a mini rebuild with 4 top end talented kids in 2019


No we won't. He'd be unrestricted free agent so at best we get a high 1st rd compo, depending on if the compo system is still in place and if someone pays him $1m a year.

Correct.

You'd get the single first rounder

Do it now its that x2.
User avatar
morell
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6228
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Has liked: 1973 times
Been liked: 1096 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Booney wrote:Will Adelaide keep a bloke on their list who doesn't want to be there?

Carlton did last year :D
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 347 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby morell » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Unrestricted vs Restricted Broadlachy maht

and the number of times clubs have matched offers for restricted FAs I believe one could count on an amputee's stump.
User avatar
morell
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6228
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Has liked: 1973 times
Been liked: 1096 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

morell wrote:Unrestricted vs Restricted Broadlachy maht

and the number of times clubs have matched offers for restricted FAs I believe one could count on an amputee's stump.

What you on about ;)



Darcy Lang has nominated Carlton his club of choice
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hopefully we do something!


Get Francis in please

Put a first on the table and we might start talking


Late first early second. His value like Shache has dropped since first drafted

We wont be interested unless it’s a first. Contracted for 2 more years and it’s really not worth giving up on him just yet. The club has already offered assistance for his brother to move over next year and Aaron has openly stated he is prepared to stay. We would be mad not to atleast give him another year to turn things around
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 37678
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 963 times
Been liked: 2046 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:16 pm

LMA wrote:
morell wrote:If I was the Crows and if possible:

Trade Sloane to Saints for picks 7 and 8
Trade 7 to Carlton for Gibbs
Trade 8 to Fre for Neale

Keep 10 and 16 and draft smart.


Or
Keep 8, trade 16 for Orazio, Stringer to Ess for 16

Nah, we are getting Stringer for 25 & 30. Fanta will possibly return home in 2018
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 37678
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 963 times
Been liked: 2046 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hopefully we do something!


Get Francis in please

Put a first on the table and we might start talking


Late first early second. His value like Shache has dropped since first drafted

We wont be interested unless it’s a first. Contracted for 2 more years and it’s really not worth giving up on him just yet. The club has already offered assistance for his brother to move over next year and Aaron has openly stated he is prepared to stay. We would be mad not to atleast give him another year to turn things around

Get that pick in and swap for Stringer so effectively Francis for Stringer. Win win situation
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Brodlach"]Hopefully we do something!


Get Francis in please

Put a first on the table and we might start talking


Late first early second. His value like Shache has dropped since first drafted

We wont be interested unless it’s a first. Contracted for 2 more years and it’s really not worth giving up on him just yet. The club has already offered assistance for his brother to move over next year and Aaron has openly stated he is prepared to stay. We would be mad not to atleast give him another year to turn things around

Get that pick in and swap for Stringer so effectively Francis for Stringer. Win win situation[/quote]
Why when we are getting Stringer for 2 second rounders?
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 37678
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 963 times
Been liked: 2046 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Brodlach wrote:
morell wrote:Unrestricted vs Restricted Broadlachy maht

and the number of times clubs have matched offers for restricted FAs I believe one could count on an amputee's stump.

What you on about ;)



Darcy Lang has nominated Carlton his club of choice

Carlton must be rapt.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
morell wrote:Unrestricted vs Restricted Broadlachy maht

and the number of times clubs have matched offers for restricted FAs I believe one could count on an amputee's stump.

What you on about ;)



Darcy Lang has nominated Carlton his club of choice

Carlton must be rapt.

So will Adelaide.
HOUGHTON RAIDERS DIV 7 RESERVES UNDEFEATED PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:05 am
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 pm

morell wrote:Correct.

You'd get the single first rounder

Do it now its that x2.


No way in the world they will, being so close to the ultimate prize, they've lost one, maybe two promising kids, their window is still well and truly ajar.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Wigg traded to the Suns for bugger all
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 37678
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 963 times
Been liked: 2046 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby MW » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:Wigg traded to the Suns for bugger all


pick 39 for Wigg, 54, and 2018 4th rd

thought he was going to be a good player for us. will never know now. not sure what they are planning here unless they needed 39 to go with another deal cause you'd leave Wigg on the list rather than get 39 back in
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8590
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1097 times
Been liked: 982 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Booney and 2 guests