INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Rising Power » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.

As far as I know it's no different to any other club.
User avatar
Rising Power
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Rising Power wrote:
goddy11 wrote:With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.

As far as I know it's no different to any other club.


Incorrect answer. The PAM have no recruiting zone. Its a serious question. Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows? The PAM have an academy structure. Do players come out of it and where do these players come from.
goddy11
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Mickyj » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
goddy11 wrote:With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.

As far as I know it's no different to any other club.


Incorrect answer. The PAM have no recruiting zone. Its a serious question. Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows? The PAM have an academy structure. Do players come out of it and where do these players come from.


At one stage didn’t the eagles allow players they didn’t require to play in the academy side ?
I could be wrong .
What I’m reading on Facebook pages Port fans still believe they have a zone no idea why they’d think that .
Seeing under the AFL Competition they joined its against the rules .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
User avatar
Mickyj
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7125
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Barry Jarman Stand FORTRESS WOODVILLE
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Edmead announced as signing with Norwood
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 30597
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2079 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
goddy11 wrote:With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.

As far as I know it's no different to any other club.


Incorrect answer. The PAM have no recruiting zone. Its a serious question. Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows? The PAM have an academy structure. Do players come out of it and where do these players come from.

It is a good question Goddy11.
I would like this and other questions about their current state of existence answered, namely, why is it they are allowed the Academy when the Crows are not, and then why they were allowed specialised SANFL players ala Summerton, Sharrod and co. before they had to include top ups in their side? I have asked this question a few times now, and there has been no answer forthcoming.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 352 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:54 pm

That’s what they asked for......... and we’re allowed.
Ridiculous having 3 sets of rules though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1287 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby therisingblues » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:01 pm

amber_fluid wrote:That’s what they asked for......... and we’re allowed.
Ridiculous having 3 sets of rules though.


Not sure what the reasoning was for asking, and then being allowed those concessions though.
Ridiculous is a good word for it.
My recollection is the clubs originally voted NO to the Magpies takeover. Then after the Crows threw their weight around, played a game of "carrot or the stick" with a few club Presidents and broke the ice, the Power sort of wandered in at the end of negotiations and quietly said "What about us?" and ended up with a better deal than Adelaide got.
It would be good to hear an explanation that makes sense of that situation.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 352 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Mate if you’re waiting for a sensible answer from the SANFL you might be waiting a while. ;)
Everything about their discussions and ultimately their decision making defies logic.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1287 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby UK Fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:Edmead announced as signing with Norwood



http://norwoodfc.com.au/news/
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4281
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 pm

TIGER BOUND
By Peter Argent
Marlon Motlop join his uncle Mark has the second generation of his famous family to play in Glenelg gold and black in 2018.
The Bays will announce next week that the classy midfielder will be playing at Gliderol Stadium for the SANFL Tigers.
Marlon's uncle Mark is one of the superstars of Northern Territory football in his era and played 43 games for the Bays between 1983 and 1985
Marlon appeared in 72 games with the Roosters into separate periods from 2008 to 2011 and between 2014 and 2017, and also had a short stint at West Adelaide.
His name is etched in gold at Prospect, winning the 2015 Barrie Robran Medal and he also played five AFL games at the Power.
He works with Port Adelaide's Aboriginal Academy in a coaching role.
Motlop also played for the SANFL in state league football and while in Perth also played for the WAFL state side as well, with his WA clubs being Swan Districts and Peel Thunder.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1636 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Dogs72 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Edmead announced as signing with Norwood



http://norwoodfc.com.au/news/


A good player for us when he played. Hopefully continues to avoid the hard work and stack on the weight, test the hammys for the bend overs.
Dogs72
Rookie
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:01 pm
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby stan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 am

Mickyj wrote:
DOC wrote:Gray asked to leave Port this year prior to June 30. He and Sharrad put themselves up as duo, ala Beard and Kirkwood.


ok its official heres the email
The Woodville-West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signings of Louis Sharrad, Tom Gray and Nathan Rudloff for the 2018 season. All three players spent 2017 at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

On signing the trio Senior Coach Michael Godden said "We are delighted to secure three well established League footballers who, at a young age, will not only be able to make an instant impact at our football Club but also for many years to come. All three men portray tremendous qualities as individual players and people that fits perfectly within our Club culture.”

Originally from Flinders Park Football Club, Louis Sharrad said the transition to Oval Avenue would be made easier given his friendship with 2017 Club Champion Joseph Sinor. The 2017 Reserves Magarey Medallist said he was also looking forward to continuing his career alongside Gray and Rudloff, who are also seeking more opportunity.

Gray, the younger brother of Power star Sam Gray, averages just under a goal a game and can also push up into the centre square to add depth to the midfield rotation. Tom will look to continually develop himself to become an elite midfielder and looks forward to helping the Eagles push for success.

Tea Tree Gully product Rudloff has been a steady influence in defence, having the ability to play on small and medium-sized forwards since making his debut in 2016. Nathan will strengthen the already integral defensive back six, with the ability to push higher up the ground.

The Club is also excited to welcome back to Oval Avenue Vinnie Rugolo, who has been appointed as Reserves and Development coach for 2018.

Rugolo, who played 81 League games and booted 105 goals for the Eagles between 2003 and 2007, has been playing and coaching for Goolwa/Port Elliot in the Great Southern Football League.

On his appointment, Vinnie said “I am excited to work with such a promising young group and look forward to developing not only the young players at the club but also my coaching ability in such a wonderful program. I thank the club for an outstanding opportunity.”

LOUIS SHARRAD
Age: 24
Height: 188cm
Weight: 84kg
Macca's League debut: Round 8, 2012
Macca's League games: 54
Macca's League goals: 19

TOM GRAY
Age: 21
Height: 179cm
Weight: 75kg
Macca's League debut: Round 13, 2015
Macca's League games: 30
Macca's League goals: 22

NATHAN RUDLOFF
Age: 23
Height: 182cm
Weight: 81kg
Macca's League debut: Round 3, 2016
Macca's League games: 18
Macca's League goals: 1
Decent picks for the Eagles there Micky. You must be happy with that so far this off season.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11848
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 784 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Mickyj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:13 am

stan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
DOC wrote:Gray asked to leave Port this year prior to June 30. He and Sharrad put themselves up as duo, ala Beard and Kirkwood.


ok its official heres the email
The Woodville-West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signings of Louis Sharrad, Tom Gray and Nathan Rudloff for the 2018 season. All three players spent 2017 at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

On signing the trio Senior Coach Michael Godden said "We are delighted to secure three well established League footballers who, at a young age, will not only be able to make an instant impact at our football Club but also for many years to come. All three men portray tremendous qualities as individual players and people that fits perfectly within our Club culture.”

Originally from Flinders Park Football Club, Louis Sharrad said the transition to Oval Avenue would be made easier given his friendship with 2017 Club Champion Joseph Sinor. The 2017 Reserves Magarey Medallist said he was also looking forward to continuing his career alongside Gray and Rudloff, who are also seeking more opportunity.

Gray, the younger brother of Power star Sam Gray, averages just under a goal a game and can also push up into the centre square to add depth to the midfield rotation. Tom will look to continually develop himself to become an elite midfielder and looks forward to helping the Eagles push for success.

Tea Tree Gully product Rudloff has been a steady influence in defence, having the ability to play on small and medium-sized forwards since making his debut in 2016. Nathan will strengthen the already integral defensive back six, with the ability to push higher up the ground.

The Club is also excited to welcome back to Oval Avenue Vinnie Rugolo, who has been appointed as Reserves and Development coach for 2018.

Rugolo, who played 81 League games and booted 105 goals for the Eagles between 2003 and 2007, has been playing and coaching for Goolwa/Port Elliot in the Great Southern Football League.

On his appointment, Vinnie said “I am excited to work with such a promising young group and look forward to developing not only the young players at the club but also my coaching ability in such a wonderful program. I thank the club for an outstanding opportunity.”

LOUIS SHARRAD
Age: 24
Height: 188cm
Weight: 84kg
Macca's League debut: Round 8, 2012
Macca's League games: 54
Macca's League goals: 19

TOM GRAY
Age: 21
Height: 179cm
Weight: 75kg
Macca's League debut: Round 13, 2015
Macca's League games: 30
Macca's League goals: 22

NATHAN RUDLOFF
Age: 23
Height: 182cm
Weight: 81kg
Macca's League debut: Round 3, 2016
Macca's League games: 18
Macca's League goals: 1
Decent picks for the Eagles there Micky. You must be happy with that so far this off season.

Hey Stan yep I’m learning about these players online
This silly season I decided not to be like I was last silly season and wait for the club to make announcements
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
User avatar
Mickyj
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7125
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Barry Jarman Stand FORTRESS WOODVILLE
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby sib » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Big Phil. Are you able to update original post

Thanks
sib
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:29 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby therisingblues » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 am

stan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
DOC wrote:Gray asked to leave Port this year prior to June 30. He and Sharrad put themselves up as duo, ala Beard and Kirkwood.


ok its official heres the email
The Woodville-West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signings of Louis Sharrad, Tom Gray and Nathan Rudloff for the 2018 season. All three players spent 2017 at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

On signing the trio Senior Coach Michael Godden said "We are delighted to secure three well established League footballers who, at a young age, will not only be able to make an instant impact at our football Club but also for many years to come. All three men portray tremendous qualities as individual players and people that fits perfectly within our Club culture.”

Originally from Flinders Park Football Club, Louis Sharrad said the transition to Oval Avenue would be made easier given his friendship with 2017 Club Champion Joseph Sinor. The 2017 Reserves Magarey Medallist said he was also looking forward to continuing his career alongside Gray and Rudloff, who are also seeking more opportunity.

Gray, the younger brother of Power star Sam Gray, averages just under a goal a game and can also push up into the centre square to add depth to the midfield rotation. Tom will look to continually develop himself to become an elite midfielder and looks forward to helping the Eagles push for success.

Tea Tree Gully product Rudloff has been a steady influence in defence, having the ability to play on small and medium-sized forwards since making his debut in 2016. Nathan will strengthen the already integral defensive back six, with the ability to push higher up the ground.

The Club is also excited to welcome back to Oval Avenue Vinnie Rugolo, who has been appointed as Reserves and Development coach for 2018.

Rugolo, who played 81 League games and booted 105 goals for the Eagles between 2003 and 2007, has been playing and coaching for Goolwa/Port Elliot in the Great Southern Football League.

On his appointment, Vinnie said “I am excited to work with such a promising young group and look forward to developing not only the young players at the club but also my coaching ability in such a wonderful program. I thank the club for an outstanding opportunity.”

LOUIS SHARRAD
Age: 24
Height: 188cm
Weight: 84kg
Macca's League debut: Round 8, 2012
Macca's League games: 54
Macca's League goals: 19

TOM GRAY
Age: 21
Height: 179cm
Weight: 75kg
Macca's League debut: Round 13, 2015
Macca's League games: 30
Macca's League goals: 22

NATHAN RUDLOFF
Age: 23
Height: 182cm
Weight: 81kg
Macca's League debut: Round 3, 2016
Macca's League games: 18
Macca's League goals: 1
Decent picks for the Eagles there Micky. You must be happy with that so far this off season.

Very handy selection. Watch out for the Eagles next year.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 352 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby sib » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:46 am

sib
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:29 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 am

Listening to Brett Eddy's interview, unless South can find him a job he will be heading back to Vic.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1636 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

Dutchy wrote:Listening to Brett Eddy's interview, unless South can find him a job he will be heading back to Vic.

Would he play for another SANFL club if they found him employment?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ.
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton Road Rail Yards
Has liked: 2604 times
Been liked: 2967 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Wolf Pack » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Sturt ruckman Andre Parella has signed with the Bloods for 2018.
Wolf Pack
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby vics01 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 pm

vics01
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests