Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 am

It's never easy being involved in a marriage break down, valleys advice is outstanding, control what you can while they are with you and make every minute count.

My parents went through a fairly toxic break up when I was about 12, Dad doing the dirty and getting caught out, Mum somehow managed to keep things civil for the sake of myself and my brother.

Strangely enough at my niece's 21st Saturday night my Dad extended an olive branch to my Mum, they went for a coffee yesterday and 30 years later he poured out a heap of guilt, acknowledged he was a prick, an arsehole and apologized for what transpired.

Getting a bit emotional typing this, Mum and I are incredibly close and for her to finally get some answers and some closure makes me happy, sad, many things all at once.

Not sure what's come over my Dad, perhaps age and guilt have all mounted up and he's got somethings he needs to right while he can.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40602
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3568 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:00 am

That’s is great for your mum Booney, I’m sure she has wanted those questions answered for a long time.

They say males take longer to mature, perhaps your dad just hit that point?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Listening to the radio this morning and hearing a father has murdered his 15 and 13 year old kids before taking his own life. Similar ages to my kids made it really hit home


Exactly my kids ages, just totally f****** up.


Tears in my eyes driving to work, desperate people do desperate things but why the kids?

Stolen 70 years of their life
Last edited by Brodlach on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:04 am

Brodlach wrote:That’s is great for your mum Booney, I’m sure she has wanted those questions answered for a long time.

They say males take longer to mature, perhaps your dad just hit that point?


It is, we both had a fair bit of emotion on show last night as we discussed it. Mum said some laughs, some tears, some honesty, some guilt all came out, she feels much better for it. I imagine he does too, I'll see him tonight.

I've spent plenty of time with Dad out in the boat, nowhere to run and hide and you might be able to tell I don't mince words, I've spoken to him at length about it but he's always said he'll do it when he's ready, I'm happy he finally got "ready".
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40602
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3568 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 am

Booney wrote:
Not sure what's come over my Dad, perhaps age and guilt have all mounted up and he's got somethings he needs to right while he can.


Maybe this is too personal, and maybe I’ve watched too many movies, but he’s not crook is he?
User avatar
bennymacca
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14980
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:22 pm
Has liked: 2247 times
Been liked: 1799 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:08 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:
Not sure what's come over my Dad, perhaps age and guilt have all mounted up and he's got somethings he needs to right while he can.


Maybe this is too personal, and maybe I’ve watched too many movies, but he’s not crook is he?


No mate, he's in good shape. I did ask that in a text yesterday.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40602
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3568 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:09 am

Your mum ever got involved again or did that ‘scar’ her?

I never really had parents so never went through a divorce/break up so I have no idea how that would effect kids especially back in the 70’s and 80’s. Most kids now know multiple families in this situation.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am

Brodlach wrote:Your mum ever got involved again or did that ‘scar’ her?

I never really had parents so never went through a divorce/break up so I have no idea how that would effect kids especially back in the 70’s and 80’s. Most kids now know multiple families in this situation.


Mum and Dad were married for 23 years, Mum and my step-Dad clocked up 25 years not long ago. He's been great for her, never done anything wrong by her or us. They met about 3 or 4 years after Mum and Dad split.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40602
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3568 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 am

I always say ‘for every bad thing a good thing comes’ and that is proof of that

Happy for your mum mate.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:26 am

Brodlach wrote:I always say ‘for every bad thing a good thing comes’ and that is proof of that

Happy for your mum mate.


and the good thing usually comes when you least expect it. Or even when the time isn't even right... Just confuses you even more :shock:
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:26 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Your mum ever got involved again or did that ‘scar’ her?

I never really had parents so never went through a divorce/break up so I have no idea how that would effect kids especially back in the 70’s and 80’s. Most kids now know multiple families in this situation.


Mum and Dad were married for 23 years, Mum and my step-Dad clocked up 25 years not long ago. He's been great for her, never done anything wrong by her or us. They met about 3 or 4 years after Mum and Dad split.

that's awesome mate...
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 am

I don't really talk about my personal life, mainly the stuff revolving around my son, and what happened with that.

But now that I have him a lot more, and things are amicable, it makes life a lot more bearable. The relationship between his mum and I is very good now, and I'm very grateful for that. No hard feelings. Let the past be the past, and we move on.

Every time I have him, he's annoyed he has to go home. Not because he doesn't like his home, but because he loves spending time with Mrs HH3 and I. Which is great, because it wasn't always an option afforded to me or him for a long time.

Also, when he says something witty as hell, or shouts out a really good pun, and people look at me like I've tainted his mind, I feel that pride that they say comes with being a father. I didn't get to feel that for the first 5 years of his life, because just thinking about him would send me into a tailspin for the rest of the day.

Relationships, aye boys.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2858 times
Been liked: 2185 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:36 am

Like at the moment, ive been chatting to someone and the chemistry is off the charts... Everything is great from things we have in common, to the other stuff ;) ... More so than I had with my ex... Which I know comparing is sh*t...

But right now I am incredibly conflicted..
1. Because meeting someone was literally the last thing I wanted.
2. Still have lingering feelings for someone else, and I can't see them going away anytime soon...
3. New feelings and emotions I haven't felt in a VERY long time...

I could literally go on for ages.

Sorry for my putting this up here, it actually feels good to get some of this off my chest
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:37 am

HH3 wrote:I don't really talk about my personal life, mainly the stuff revolving around my son, and what happened with that.

But now that I have him a lot more, and things are amicable, it makes life a lot more bearable. The relationship between his mum and I is very good now, and I'm very grateful for that. No hard feelings. Let the past be the past, and we move on.

Every time I have him, he's annoyed he has to go home. Not because he doesn't like his home, but because he loves spending time with Mrs HH3 and I. Which is great, because it wasn't always an option afforded to me or him for a long time.

Also, when he says something witty as hell, or shouts out a really good pun, and people look at me like I've tainted his mind, I feel that pride that they say comes with being a father. I didn't get to feel that for the first 5 years of his life, because just thinking about him would send me into a tailspin for the rest of the day.

Relationships, aye boys.


You have a son????? :shock:

I mean no disrespect by that, I just had no idea... That's awesome mate...
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I don't really talk about my personal life, mainly the stuff revolving around my son, and what happened with that.

But now that I have him a lot more, and things are amicable, it makes life a lot more bearable. The relationship between his mum and I is very good now, and I'm very grateful for that. No hard feelings. Let the past be the past, and we move on.

Every time I have him, he's annoyed he has to go home. Not because he doesn't like his home, but because he loves spending time with Mrs HH3 and I. Which is great, because it wasn't always an option afforded to me or him for a long time.

Also, when he says something witty as hell, or shouts out a really good pun, and people look at me like I've tainted his mind, I feel that pride that they say comes with being a father. I didn't get to feel that for the first 5 years of his life, because just thinking about him would send me into a tailspin for the rest of the day.

Relationships, aye boys.


You have a son????? :shock:

I mean no disrespect by that, I just had no idea... That's awesome mate...


Obviously I pay more attention to your Insta than you do mine :lol:

Yeah, he's just turned 8.

Chip off the old block too, which is awesome.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2858 times
Been liked: 2185 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:42 am

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I don't really talk about my personal life, mainly the stuff revolving around my son, and what happened with that.

But now that I have him a lot more, and things are amicable, it makes life a lot more bearable. The relationship between his mum and I is very good now, and I'm very grateful for that. No hard feelings. Let the past be the past, and we move on.

Every time I have him, he's annoyed he has to go home. Not because he doesn't like his home, but because he loves spending time with Mrs HH3 and I. Which is great, because it wasn't always an option afforded to me or him for a long time.

Also, when he says something witty as hell, or shouts out a really good pun, and people look at me like I've tainted his mind, I feel that pride that they say comes with being a father. I didn't get to feel that for the first 5 years of his life, because just thinking about him would send me into a tailspin for the rest of the day.

Relationships, aye boys.


You have a son????? :shock:

I mean no disrespect by that, I just had no idea... That's awesome mate...


Obviously I pay more attention to your Insta than you do mine :lol:

Yeah, he's just turned 8.

Chip off the old block too, which is awesome.

My insta fills up to much on my feed, I have no time for anyone elses
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 am

You have nothing to be sorry for Wubbzy!!

Just don’t put any pressure on yourself and just see where it goes. Just enjoy the moment
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 am

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I don't really talk about my personal life, mainly the stuff revolving around my son, and what happened with that.

But now that I have him a lot more, and things are amicable, it makes life a lot more bearable. The relationship between his mum and I is very good now, and I'm very grateful for that. No hard feelings. Let the past be the past, and we move on.

Every time I have him, he's annoyed he has to go home. Not because he doesn't like his home, but because he loves spending time with Mrs HH3 and I. Which is great, because it wasn't always an option afforded to me or him for a long time.

Also, when he says something witty as hell, or shouts out a really good pun, and people look at me like I've tainted his mind, I feel that pride that they say comes with being a father. I didn't get to feel that for the first 5 years of his life, because just thinking about him would send me into a tailspin for the rest of the day.

Relationships, aye boys.


You have a son????? :shock:

I mean no disrespect by that, I just had no idea... That's awesome mate...


Obviously I pay more attention to your Insta than you do mine :lol:

Yeah, he's just turned 8.

Chip off the old block too, which is awesome.


The great work you do with the Gridiron Flag Football kids (who knew you played Gridiron!) I am certain you would be a great dad.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:47 am

Brodlach wrote:You have nothing to be sorry for Wubbzy!!

Just don’t put any pressure on yourself and just see where it goes. Just enjoy the moment


Trying really hard mate... Just real hard to get out of my head sometimes...

Because moving on is letting go, and that is incredibly hard....
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Brodlach wrote:The great work you do with the Gridiron Flag Football kids (who knew you played Gridiron!) I am certain you would be a great dad.


Thanks mate. I try.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2858 times
Been liked: 2185 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests