TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:England 1/83 at lunch
Jennings 38 not out
Root 31 not out

I don’t usually barrack for England, but against these serial appealers/whiners/whingers/sooks I’m all in.
Same, hopefully the Poms give them a belting and make them cry like babies.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Apparently Virat Kholi gave Joe Root a bit of a send off when he ran him out. Might get a little spicy when Virat comes out to bat today. Should be good viewing.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Apparently Virat Kholi gave Joe Root a bit of a send off when he ran him out. Might get a little spicy when Virat comes out to bat today. Should be good viewing.

Also blew him a kiss, sledged him, and put his finger to his lips......all behind Root's back as he walked off.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 682 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Grenville wrote:Fair nut by Ashwin to knock Cook over.

I’m amazed the poms would prepare a pitch that turns so much on day 1......against India.


Reckon I heard before the series that it had been dry and warm over there and pitches may not suit the Poms as much as usual at home.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 575 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby RB » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:48 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Apparently Virat Kholi gave Joe Root a bit of a send off when he ran him out. Might get a little spicy when Virat comes out to bat today. Should be good viewing.

Also blew him a kiss, sledged him, and put his finger to his lips......all behind Root's back as he walked off.
What I would give to see Kohli batting on a bouncy WACA wicket against a couple of Lillee/Thomo types...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 409 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:30 pm

RB wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Apparently Virat Kholi gave Joe Root a bit of a send off when he ran him out. Might get a little spicy when Virat comes out to bat today. Should be good viewing.

Also blew him a kiss, sledged him, and put his finger to his lips......all behind Root's back as he walked off.
What I would give to see Kohli batting on a bouncy WACA wicket against a couple of Lillee/Thomo types...


Sabina Park v Marshall, Holding and Garner. He'd look funny trying to blow a kiss with a few teeth missing.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 575 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:52 pm

My two least favourite international teams... I hate the poms, but I hate the curry munchers more. Get into them you pasty poms!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Corona Man wrote:My two least favourite international teams... I hate the poms, but I hate the curry munchers more. Get into them you pasty poms!

100% agree. Barracking for the umpires
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27506
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1798 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:My two least favourite international teams... I hate the poms, but I hate the curry munchers more. Get into them you pasty poms!

100% agree. Barracking for the umpires

Bloody maggots ;)
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:My two least favourite international teams... I hate the poms, but I hate the curry munchers more. Get into them you pasty poms!

100% agree. Barracking for the umpires
The Poms are alot more tolerable than the Indians IMO.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Sam Curran ...... getting it done. Thrpe poms will be all over Kholi here
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:17 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Sam Curran ...... getting it done. Thrpe poms will be all over Kholi here
Great nut from Curran to nick up Dhawan. Bit of arrogance there from Dhawan to initially go hard at the ball and nick up having that delivery go for four only to nick up two balls later really going hard at Curran again. Not enough respect shown from the Indians towards Curran who is swinging it around nicely.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Great battle here, Anderson v Kolhi. Worth the price of admission itself.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Grenville wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Grenville wrote:Fair nut by Ashwin to knock Cook over.

I’m amazed the poms would prepare a pitch that turns so much on day 1......against India.


Reckon I heard before the series that it had been dry and warm over there and pitches may not suit the Poms as much as usual at home.

Turn the bloody sprinklers on.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 682 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:12 pm

If Stokes is going to bowl short then there has to be a third man in place. Money for jam.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 682 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Couple of wickets for Stokes and his tail is up, looks unplayable at the moment. India 5/100.

And misses out on a third as Hawkeye has the LBW missing leg
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:01 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Couple of wickets for Stokes and his tail is up, looks unplayable at the moment. India 5/100.

And misses out on a third as Hawkeye has the LBW missing leg


Stokes has the odd spell when he looks like an unbelievable bowler.

100 for 5 and then we drop virat and then pandya next ball, both absolute dollys. Sums us up as a test team.

Jimmy bowled incredibly well for no wickets.
batmanbegins
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:21 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 92 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 am

batmanbegins wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Couple of wickets for Stokes and his tail is up, looks unplayable at the moment. India 5/100.

And misses out on a third as Hawkeye has the LBW missing leg

Stokes has the odd spell when he looks like an unbelievable bowler.

100 for 5 and then we drop virat and then pandya next ball, both absolute dollys. Sums us up as a test team.

Jimmy bowled incredibly well for no wickets.

Stokes can swing it around corners on the odd occasion.
Come on BB, be positive England are on top but yes should take them, especially Kohli.
Anderson very unlucky, been on the money all day.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26624
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 813 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:22 am

Great battle between Kohli and the English bowlers.

In the end Kohli was magnificent, single handed has put the Indians back in this test match
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39224
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 487 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 am

locky801 wrote:Great battle between Kohli and the English bowlers.

In the end Kohli was magnificent, single handed has put the Indians back in this test match

You gotta hand it to him. He can be an antagonist, but he certainly backs it up when he bats. Malan will have to make a century to square off on a couple of dropped catches.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 200 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests