Warner article

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Warner article

Postby locky801 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:31 pm

RustyCage wrote:I thought once you crossed the rope your innings was over?


Havent you heard, Davey has his own rules, agree with you, lucky the opposition were more graceful than i would have been.

Does this guy think its going to be plain sailing coming back, if so he is going to be walking off alot :roll: :roll:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Trader » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:14 pm

RustyCage wrote:I thought once you crossed the rope your innings was over?


I don't beleive there is such a rule.

Ian Bell was given out run out in a test match, the players then went to tea, and India withdrew their appeal during the tea break and Bell resumed batting after the break.

https://youtu.be/hFpSoRlpyMo

As long as the next ball hasn't been bowled, I believe they can resume batting.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2482
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 310 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Grahaml » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 am

Law 25.4: Retired
If any batsman leaves the field of play without the Umpire's consent for any reason other than injury or incapacity, he may resume the innings only with the consent of the opposing captain.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4808
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Grahaml » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 am

Not sure why the need to keep digging at the bloke. He copped his whack and that should be it. Whether you like him or not, agree with his handling* of the situation or even his demeanour in the aftermath I don't think is justification to keep hanging it on the bloke. Same goes for opposition players. Let it be, keep sledging to the game and just stay away from personal matters or personalities.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4808
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:00 am

Grahaml wrote:Not sure why the need to keep digging at the bloke. He copped his whack and that should be it. Whether you like him or not, agree with his handling* of the situation or even his demeanour in the aftermath I don't think is justification to keep hanging it on the bloke. Same goes for opposition players. Let it be, keep sledging to the game and just stay away from personal matters or personalities.

All fair in love and war, he's let Australia down, he's a dickhead so if the cap fits, wear it, I have zero sympathy for him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 34210
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1978 times
Been liked: 3950 times

Re: Warner article

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 am

I had a little chuckle reading it, but i was waiting for it to have a twist of go somewhere. it did not...

Warner is an 'A' grade flog... from is ridiculous ton celebration to his flog like face... Happy to never see him in the baggy green again
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 14220
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2413 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Re: Warner article

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 am

Some media nuffies were reporting that Phil Hughes was mentioned in sledges.....

Obviously they have NFI as it was his brother th ast is accused of telling Warner that he is a disgrace to Australian Cricket and shouldn't be playing at all.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15251
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1056 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Spargo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Not sure why the need to keep digging at the bloke. He copped his whack and that should be it. Whether you like him or not, agree with his handling* of the situation or even his demeanour in the aftermath I don't think is justification to keep hanging it on the bloke. Same goes for opposition players. Let it be, keep sledging to the game and just stay away from personal matters or personalities.

All fair in love and war, he's let Australia down, he's a dickhead so if the cap fits, wear it, I have zero sympathy for him.


100% spot on.
His wife can piss off too, sick of her coming out in the media relentlessly playing the victim.
Her latest whine on the weekend was pathetic.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ.
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9694
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Landing a big fish.
Has liked: 2323 times
Been liked: 2693 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Warner article

Postby Corona Man » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

If Warner ever returns to an Australian team he can expect a similar reception from the crowd. The number 1 sledger is coping some of his own, and doesn’t like it. Kaboom indeed!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7142
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 690 times
Been liked: 1912 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Warner article

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:45 am

I too would be disappointed if ever played for Australia again.

Blokes like him are a cancer.
Lovely girl, you’re the beauty in my world
Without you, there aren’t reasons left to find..
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18430
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 2899 times
Been liked: 529 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Re: Warner article

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am

Failed Creation wrote:I too would be disappointed if ever played for Australia again.

Blokes like him are a cancer.


This afternoon's report will be very interesting.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41377
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3691 times
Been liked: 6343 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:58 am

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I too would be disappointed if ever played for Australia again.

Blokes like him are a cancer.


This afternoon's report will be very interesting.


I can't wait to see it.

Also, is there any way his missus can get a press ban? It's pretty sad that she's Davey's mouthpiece, fighting his battles for him.
Lovely girl, you’re the beauty in my world
Without you, there aren’t reasons left to find..
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18430
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 2899 times
Been liked: 529 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Re: Warner article

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Not sure why the need to keep digging at the bloke. He copped his whack and that should be it. Whether you like him or not, agree with his handling* of the situation or even his demeanour in the aftermath I don't think is justification to keep hanging it on the bloke. Same goes for opposition players. Let it be, keep sledging to the game and just stay away from personal matters or personalities.

All fair in love and war, he's let Australia down, he's a dickhead so if the cap fits, wear it, I have zero sympathy for him.


100% spot on.
His wife can piss off too, sick of her coming out in the media relentlessly playing the victim.
Her latest whine on the weekend was pathetic.


If she can't stand the heat, she should get back in the kitchen.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 34210
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1978 times
Been liked: 3950 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Not sure why the need to keep digging at the bloke. He copped his whack and that should be it. Whether you like him or not, agree with his handling* of the situation or even his demeanour in the aftermath I don't think is justification to keep hanging it on the bloke. Same goes for opposition players. Let it be, keep sledging to the game and just stay away from personal matters or personalities.

All fair in love and war, he's let Australia down, he's a dickhead so if the cap fits, wear it, I have zero sympathy for him.


100% spot on.
His wife can piss off too, sick of her coming out in the media relentlessly playing the victim.
Her latest whine on the weekend was pathetic.


If she can't stand the heat, she should get back in the shit house.

Amended
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Warner article

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 pm

The South African's, the Indian's, the Pakistani's all must be licking their lips. If Warner ever plays for Australia again (god help us we find a more suitable replacement soon) all they will have to do is start bagging him and he'll go and sook in the dressing rooms.

The first rule of being sledged would be 'don't let them show it's getting to you'. You lost Dave!

What a goose.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6928
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 376 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:32 pm

gadj1976 wrote:The South African's, the Indian's, the Pakistani's all must be licking their lips. If Warner ever plays for Australia again (god help us we find a more suitable replacement soon) all they will have to do is start bagging him and he'll go and sook in the dressing rooms.

The first rule of being sledged would be 'don't let them show it's getting to you'. You lost Dave!

What a goose.

They might employ this guy:

Image
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 34210
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1978 times
Been liked: 3950 times

Re: Warner article

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm

The Betootaadvocate weighing in on the current Dave Warner storyImageImageImage
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26824
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5789 times
Been liked: 841 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Warner article

Postby Grenville » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I too would be disappointed if ever played for Australia again.

Blokes like him are a cancer.


Correct weight, f*** him. Payback is a bitch, no sympathy.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: Warner article

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:03 am

What's ironic about the walk off is that Warner was always highlighted as one of the more vocal sledgers for Australia when he played.. guess he can give it but cant take it.
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2358 times
Been liked: 2345 times

Re: Warner article

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 am

The Bedge wrote:What's ironic about the walk off is that Warner was always highlighted as one of the more vocal sledgers for Australia when he played.. guess he can give it but cant take it.

I always thought he'd be a bit of a receiver.

Very SMS type of operator I'd imagine, like when he belted Joe Root, the dude looks like Ellen de Generes and built like a jockeys whip, tries to show the world he's tough by carrying on like a knob to deKock knowing that he's not going to get belted in front of 100m viewers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 34210
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1978 times
Been liked: 3950 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests