Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:39 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:RAH ambulance fiasco, what a bloody mess.


My SIL is a nurse in the ED. Last night we had dinner at her place and got the run down.

I think she said there's 71 beds in Emergency, and Monday night they had 100+ people at one time.


The new hospital is a debacle... Anyone who had any part in designing it should hand back the money the got from the project... There is zero doubt we needed a new hospital. The old RAH was cooked and a whole new location was definitely required. But out of all the issues the new one has the one which baffles me the most is why it has the same amount of beds as the old RAH... Ridiculous.


The NRAH, EPAS and the Transforming Health initiative has been one of the most shambolic major projects this state has ever undertaken.

HYLC, the former state government and design teams have handed this state the biggest cup of shit ever. The hospital is a disgrace, I'm glad I walked away from an opportunity to be involved with it in the early days.
I went to one of the information sessions with Transforming Health etc.
Now, the concept is good. Have a particular hospital that specializes in a certain area of health.
But, they still needed to maintain the services that we, as patients are accustomed too.
The kicker at this session was elderly 70+ who were gonna have to travel from Noarlunga to QEH for a basic consultation. A lot of these people at the meeting had no transport and would have relied on Taxi vouchers etc.
Plus, i can't work out, why take services away from Noarlunga/Flinders given the growth in the southern suburbs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44059
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6699 times
Been liked: 1752 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am

What needs to be done as a matter of urgency is Victor Harbour and Gawler get some decent public hospital infrastructure in place.

If it means a greenfield site out North, or an expansion of the one down South, they need to get some decent infrastructure in place to take a load off Flinders and the Lyall Mc.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am

HH3 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:The biggest problem with the nRAH is that it was built for today, not for 15, 20, 30 years from now, for today and we, the taxpayers, have got just under 28 years of paying $1m per day to the consortium that built it.

Yep, $1m per day for another near 28 years.

And yet other countries have built bigger hospitals for less....


Did it really cost $10 billion?

I thought it was closer to $3 billion.


I can't read the details cause of the payway, but the Australian ran an article stating $12b:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjAt7fGisHeAhVBcCsKHaIcC3MQFjAQegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnational-affairs%2Fstate-politics%2Fnew-adelaide-hospital-to-cost-sa-taxpayers-12bn%2Fnews-story%2F211f0a32a6fc2d43b955c92c52a01c5c&usg=AOvVaw2Ps2BTgYEI_Smm5YrKHzKS
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 290 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:43 am

At a guess. I'd suggest they've done the $2.4bn on a loan, to be paid back over 30 years, with say a 15% interest rate.
Paying 365m a year for 30 years gets you to the point that it's paid off mid-way through the 30th year, and total payments are 11.3bn.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 290 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Lawdy
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11055
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2856 times
Been liked: 2185 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 pm

No, the SA Health Partnerships (SAHP) consortium has a 35 year contract with the state government.

SAHP designed, funded and built the nRAH and until 2046 it will continue to run non-clinical support services. Pretty much anything Spotless currently does on site, kitchen, security, gardens, building maintenance etc. ( You can be a sure as you're reading this Spotless don't get $1m per day to oversee those tasks ).

SA Health owns the building and provides all the core clinical services, staff, training, research etc.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:No, the SA Health Partnerships (SAHP) consortium has a 35 year contract with the state government.

SAHP designed, funded and built the nRAH and until 2046 it will continue to run non-clinical support services. Pretty much anything Spotless currently does on site, kitchen, security, gardens, building maintenance etc. ( You can be a sure as you're reading this Spotless don't get $1m per day to oversee those tasks ).

SA Health owns the building and provides all the core clinical services, staff, training, research etc.

I read somewhere that Spotless by 2022/2023 were going to lose $94mill with the hospital!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44059
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6699 times
Been liked: 1752 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:No, the SA Health Partnerships (SAHP) consortium has a 35 year contract with the state government.

SAHP designed, funded and built the nRAH and until 2046 it will continue to run non-clinical support services. Pretty much anything Spotless currently does on site, kitchen, security, gardens, building maintenance etc. ( You can be a sure as you're reading this Spotless don't get $1m per day to oversee those tasks ).

SA Health owns the building and provides all the core clinical services, staff, training, research etc.

I read somewhere that Spotless by 2022/2023 were going to lose $94mill with the hospital!


That's correct, Downer EDI own Spotless, they will or have already lost close to $92m, in 2022 they can renegotiate their contract with the SAHP, good luck with that.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:29 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:No, the SA Health Partnerships (SAHP) consortium has a 35 year contract with the state government.

SAHP designed, funded and built the nRAH and until 2046 it will continue to run non-clinical support services. Pretty much anything Spotless currently does on site, kitchen, security, gardens, building maintenance etc. ( You can be a sure as you're reading this Spotless don't get $1m per day to oversee those tasks ).

SA Health owns the building and provides all the core clinical services, staff, training, research etc.

I read somewhere that Spotless by 2022/2023 were going to lose $94mill with the hospital!

:roll:
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13970
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2305 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Trader wrote:
HH3 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:The biggest problem with the nRAH is that it was built for today, not for 15, 20, 30 years from now, for today and we, the taxpayers, have got just under 28 years of paying $1m per day to the consortium that built it.

Yep, $1m per day for another near 28 years.

And yet other countries have built bigger hospitals for less....


Did it really cost $10 billion?

I thought it was closer to $3 billion.


I can't read the details cause of the payway, but the Australian ran an article stating $12b:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjAt7fGisHeAhVBcCsKHaIcC3MQFjAQegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnational-affairs%2Fstate-politics%2Fnew-adelaide-hospital-to-cost-sa-taxpayers-12bn%2Fnews-story%2F211f0a32a6fc2d43b955c92c52a01c5c&usg=AOvVaw2Ps2BTgYEI_Smm5YrKHzKS

Isn't it one of the most expensive buildings in the world?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 5824
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Per m2, yes.

Just outside the top 10 most expensive in the world.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Oh Spotless losing cash, what a shame, ******* thiefs.
User avatar
Armchair expert
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:14 am

The Ash Man wrote:The cops rocking up at 6pm on a Saturday for a noise complaint.
What an absolute waste of resources.

Tomorrow I’ll be ringing the council to complain that the gutless prick next door has parked his caravan on the footpath and I “can’t walk my dog safely”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Update

Parking ticket on caravan last night

Just bought my 6yo a basketball system for Xmas. Have fun listening to a bouncing basketball out the front every day wanker [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
The Ash Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5318
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:22 am

The Ash Man wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:The cops rocking up at 6pm on a Saturday for a noise complaint.
What an absolute waste of resources.
Tomorrow I’ll be ringing the council to complain that the gutless prick next door has parked his caravan on the footpath and I “can’t walk my dog safely”


Update
Parking ticket on caravan last night
Just bought my 6yo a basketball system for Xmas. Have fun listening to a bouncing basketball out the front every day wanker [emoji23]


You're going to need a whistle to officiate the game. ;)
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 am

My week so far:

Monday: Got told I was unsuccessful for a job that I made it to the last two, was going to be a huge pay increase and a real life changer, everyone thought I had it for sure, was given a pretty lame excuse in the final interview, they said to that they thought they have been very honest and upfront and then offered me to say my piece, I certainly returned favour. Solution was to go home and get on the piss like an adult and hate the world.

Tuesday: Horse was scratched upon waking up, change of plans for the day so went to the pub, first bet was stuffed up by a faulty ticket and missed out on being $180 up within minutes of arriving. Ended up getting pretty tanked, got home and seen a few blokes out the front across the road from my house and lost my shit at them as they always park too close to my driveway and straight across from it making it a pain in the arse to get in and out of, I pulled into my street on Sunday and one of the dudes that lives there was talking to his mate who was parked across my driveway.

Wednesday: After getting told off for Tuesday's antics first up I then had the fun of going to work and facing up to my managers that I have lost respect for. I hated being here yesterday and by the time I went home anxiety and depression had set in, was in bed by 5pm and have lost all motivation to do anything!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My week so far:

Monday: Got told I was unsuccessful for a job that I made it to the last two, was going to be a huge pay increase and a real life changer, everyone thought I had it for sure, was given a pretty lame excuse in the final interview, they said to that they thought they have been very honest and upfront and then offered me to say my piece, I certainly returned favour. Solution was to go home and get on the piss like an adult and hate the world.

Tuesday: Horse was scratched upon waking up, change of plans for the day so went to the pub, first bet was stuffed up by a faulty ticket and missed out on being $180 up within minutes of arriving. Ended up getting pretty tanked, got home and seen a few blokes out the front across the road from my house and lost my shit at them as they always park too close to my driveway and straight across from it making it a pain in the arse to get in and out of, I pulled into my street on Sunday and one of the dudes that lives there was talking to his mate who was parked across my driveway.

Wednesday: After getting told off for Tuesday's antics first up I then had the fun of going to work and facing up to my managers that I have lost respect for. I hated being here yesterday and by the time I went home anxiety and depression had set in, was in bed by 5pm and have lost all motivation to do anything!


Monday - Everything happens for a reason mate, it might not be apparent now but it will reveal itself to you one day. Perhaps the new role may have tipped the work/life balance in the wrong direction and it's not for you, right now.

Tuesday - Meh, money comes, money goes and the dickheads across the road have had it coming for a while.

Wednesday - Always here for a yap if you want mate....
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My week so far:

Monday: Got told I was unsuccessful for a job that I made it to the last two, was going to be a huge pay increase and a real life changer, everyone thought I had it for sure, was given a pretty lame excuse in the final interview, they said to that they thought they have been very honest and upfront and then offered me to say my piece, I certainly returned favour. Solution was to go home and get on the piss like an adult and hate the world.

Tuesday: Horse was scratched upon waking up, change of plans for the day so went to the pub, first bet was stuffed up by a faulty ticket and missed out on being $180 up within minutes of arriving. Ended up getting pretty tanked, got home and seen a few blokes out the front across the road from my house and lost my shit at them as they always park too close to my driveway and straight across from it making it a pain in the arse to get in and out of, I pulled into my street on Sunday and one of the dudes that lives there was talking to his mate who was parked across my driveway.

Wednesday: After getting told off for Tuesday's antics first up I then had the fun of going to work and facing up to my managers that I have lost respect for. I hated being here yesterday and by the time I went home anxiety and depression had set in, was in bed by 5pm and have lost all motivation to do anything!


Thursday. Has a Quaddie on Oaks day, gets up and collects $332k. Big night


Friday. Goes to work and tells the boss to shove his promotion, walks out the door with a smile on your dial straight for a beer and a counter lunch
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 am

The Ash Man wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:The cops rocking up at 6pm on a Saturday for a noise complaint.
What an absolute waste of resources.

Tomorrow I’ll be ringing the council to complain that the gutless prick next door has parked his caravan on the footpath and I “can’t walk my dog safely”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Update

Parking ticket on caravan last night

Just bought my 6yo a basketball system for Xmas. Have fun listening to a bouncing basketball out the front every day wanker [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your 6yo also wants a Drum Kit for their Birthday.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 683 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 am

Booney wrote:
Monday - Everything happens for a reason mate, it might not be apparent now but it will reveal itself to you one day. Perhaps the new role may have tipped the work/life balance in the wrong direction and it's not for you, right now.

Tuesday - Meh, money comes, money goes and the dickheads across the road have had it coming for a while.

Wednesday - Always here for a yap if you want mate....

Cheers mate, I'll dust myself off and go again, I am in a second chance draw to get another spot that opened up that will still be a promotion, it's just a kick in the balls when you miss out on something that you know that you would've excelled at.

Yeah, Tuesday wasn't the end of the world, was just a bit of a "here we go again" thing, I had a pretty good day after that anyway and there were no cars near my driveway last night when I got home or this morning, we've decided to move anyway so they wont be my problem anymore soon.

And thank you, I'll push through the week and make the most of the weekend.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am

Brodlach wrote:
Thursday. Has a Quaddie on Oaks day, gets up and collects $332k. Big night


Friday. Goes to work and tells the boss to shove his promotion, walks out the door with a smile on your dial straight for a beer and a counter lunch

Inspirational, Sportsbet opening up as we type.

Our horse is in the 2nd at Morphettville Saturday so I'm sure he'll bring me some relief.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 33006
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 3709 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Booney, Google Adsense [Bot], Rams52, saintal, Stumps and 3 guests