Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Booney wrote:
Yep, was hardly worth going there from mid-2017 to earlier this year, since about March this year the quality has certainly improved.


Less stalls now but you're exactly right, we left it alone for some time and thought we'd have another try not long ago.

I gotta laugh though, someone tries to sell bacon and egg burgers for $10 there advertising it as a mega roll, like seriously?

When you can get a kilo of bacon for less than that you'd have to be rich. lazy or stupid to buy one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 32981
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1829 times
Been liked: 3699 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm

HH3 wrote:Mine is a family pack of Mint Slices.

Family pack of tim tams here.
Currently been enjoying the teevee snacks a tad too much
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44054
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6694 times
Been liked: 1751 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:00 am

Up early and out for a walk, cool but calm and no rain, Pearl Jam "Ten" blasting through the phones.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40578
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3562 times
Been liked: 6067 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Mine is a family pack of Mint Slices.

Family pack of tim tams here.
Currently been enjoying the teevee snacks a tad too much


Family packs? Standard packs not cutting it then? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40578
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3562 times
Been liked: 6067 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:14 am

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Mine is a family pack of Mint Slices.

Family pack of tim tams here.
Currently been enjoying the teevee snacks a tad too much


Family packs? Standard packs not cutting it then? [emoji38]
The family pack is the old standard pack
#downsizing

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44054
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6694 times
Been liked: 1751 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 am

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Mine is a family pack of Mint Slices.

Family pack of tim tams here.
Currently been enjoying the teevee snacks a tad too much


Family packs? Standard packs not cutting it then? :lol:


For the regular 13 pack ($2.50), I'm paying $0.19 per biscuit.
For the family 22 pack ($3.60), I'm paying $0.16 per biscuit.

No brainer really.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11021
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2850 times
Been liked: 2183 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:29 am

HH3 wrote:For the regular 13 pack ($2.50), I'm paying $0.19 per biscuit.
For the family 22 pack ($3.60), I'm paying $0.16 per biscuit.

No brainer really.

I went to the Little Wings charity ball Saturday night, there was a 10kg block of chocolate being auctioned silently there and it was sitting on $106 when I last seen, now that is dedication.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 32981
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1829 times
Been liked: 3699 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:For the regular 13 pack ($2.50), I'm paying $0.19 per biscuit.
For the family 22 pack ($3.60), I'm paying $0.16 per biscuit.

No brainer really.

I went to the Little Wings charity ball Saturday night, there was a 10kg block of chocolate being auctioned silently there and it was sitting on $106 when I last seen, now that is dedication.


Solid block? Stacks of smaller blocks?

How does this work?

I'd imagine seperating a 10kg block would be difficult.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11021
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2850 times
Been liked: 2183 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

HH3 wrote:
Solid block? Stacks of smaller blocks?

How does this work?

I'd imagine seperating a 10kg block would be difficult.


One big block, it was like a big picture frame and at a guess the actual chocolate must've been an inch thick judging by the packaging.

I found a picture of one:
Image
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 32981
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1829 times
Been liked: 3699 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Solid block? Stacks of smaller blocks?

How does this work?

I'd imagine seperating a 10kg block would be difficult.


One big block, it was like a big picture frame and at a guess the actual chocolate must've been an inch thick judging by the packaging.

I found a picture of one:
Image


I don't get how that would be an enjoyable thing to eat.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11021
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2850 times
Been liked: 2183 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:32 am

HH3 wrote:
I don't get how that would be an enjoyable thing to eat.

I'd probably attack it with a potato peeler, we don't usually stock chocolate in our house anymore though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 32981
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1829 times
Been liked: 3699 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:46 am

Corona Man wrote:Finishing up a nice quote I have been working on all morning - $65K worth. Confident I will land it, but as they say "You never know 'till you get the PO" Booney circa 2018.

This quote coming back for changes and revisions to spec. Now its a $87K job. Nice Garry!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 am

Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Finishing up a nice quote I have been working on all morning - $65K worth. Confident I will land it, but as they say "You never know 'till you get the PO" Booney circa 2018.

This quote coming back for changes and revisions to spec. Now its a $87K job. Nice Garry!


Scratch that, forgot to add the freight - make that $95K!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:55 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:For the regular 13 pack ($2.50), I'm paying $0.19 per biscuit.
For the family 22 pack ($3.60), I'm paying $0.16 per biscuit.

No brainer really.

I went to the Little Wings charity ball Saturday night, there was a 10kg block of chocolate being auctioned silently there and it was sitting on $106 when I last seen, now that is dedication.


Solid block? Stacks of smaller blocks?

How does this work?

I'd imagine seperating a 10kg block would be difficult.


Wrong :lol:

Image
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24694
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1223 times
Been liked: 1697 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Finishing up a nice quote I have been working on all morning - $65K worth. Confident I will land it, but as they say "You never know 'till you get the PO" Booney circa 2018.

This quote coming back for changes and revisions to spec. Now its a $87K job. Nice Garry!


Scratch that, forgot to add the freight - make that $95K!

Imagine how much you've missed out before by forgetting certain costs
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44054
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6694 times
Been liked: 1751 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Finishing up a nice quote I have been working on all morning - $65K worth. Confident I will land it, but as they say "You never know 'till you get the PO" Booney circa 2018.

This quote coming back for changes and revisions to spec. Now its a $87K job. Nice Garry!


Scratch that, forgot to add the freight - make that $95K!

Imagine how much you've missed out before by forgetting certain costs

Nup not missed anything, just got a bit excited when I saw the change of spec!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Brodlach » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:00 pm

$8k for freight?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27506
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1798 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:$8k for freight?


We spend over $400k per year on local, national and international freight, some bills are $15k or more across a project.

Move a 1.2m3 pallet from end of the country to the other with costs, fuel, GST you're well over $500 then allow admin, carrying the debt etc.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40578
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3562 times
Been liked: 6067 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:$8k for freight?


We spend over $400k per year on local, national and international freight, some bills are $15k or more across a project.

Move a 1.2m3 pallet from end of the country to the other with costs, fuel, GST you're well over $500 then allow admin, carrying the debt etc.


I need to start charging you more for freight.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11021
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2850 times
Been liked: 2183 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Brodlach wrote:$8k for freight?

Customer is in NZ.
320 kg of product manufactured in our USA factory.
800kg of product manufactured here.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 665 times
Been liked: 1797 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Spargo and 1 guest