Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Lol was just correcting that hahaha
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:17 pm

OnSong wrote:After the disaster that was Clare, I've picked myself of the canvas and had another crack. Good luck all.

Gawler

R1) 1100m Maiden - Looks like a number of these will be vying for the early lead.

1) Chucky - Will probably get back in the run but needed the extra 100m last start in town. Look for it swooping late. WINS @ $2.80
6) Sir Johnson - Has the barrier to get the run of the race, impressive trial v Yucatan coming into this. 4th
9) Now And Forever - Good trial when everything went its way. Respect.
7) Surreal Image - Honest so far but not convinced it will hold the others out first up. 2nd

Roughies: 5) Oliver's Tale is worth an each way ticket after sticking on 3 wide to win in a recent trial, clocking a solid time. 10) Pam's Journey - Should be on the pace and I respect its efforts so far. 3rd

R2) 1700m BM60 - Agonising a bit here as some quality horses have been putting in average efforts of late.

2) Autmed - Finished a long way off the winner in third but came from a mile back. Should settle midfield and be flying late. 3rd @ $1.90
4) Set To Cruise - Beat Oh So Fair and Chapal two starts back, Chapal ($4.80) contesting a BM78 at Sundown today. WINS @ $2.30
1) Good Idea - With a few mixing form, he was good enough without being great to think he'll be in the finish.
5) Unscopeable - Disgusting at Clare last start but that track was unkind to a lot of favourites on the day. Forgiving. 2nd @ $1.70

Roughies: 7) Hidatsa has Kah back on board, winning over this trip last time she was on. 8) Sweet Kaiser will carry the least weight and easily held out highly fancied Unscopeable at Clare last start.

R3) 2100m BM60 - Small field but some value in the field by the looks

4) Hurricanes - Finished all over them late at Clare, extra distance suits.
3) Bon Elise - Expensive to follow and with more weight, not sold on the short price. 2nd
5) Anyportinastorm - One of my favourite horses but all its wins have been first or second up. 4th
6) Claiborne King - Like Jeffy Maund back on board and think it's a pretty honest battler. WINS @ $15.20

R4) 1200m Maiden - Large field with a number of first starters

14) Miss Julienne - Finnegan came from last to grab a 3.3L fifth over 1100m last start, she knows this horse can close.
6) Smoke - Unsighted first starter from Balfour stable. Barrier 1, will be watching it keenly. 2nd @ $4.10
7) Knavesmire - Market has it favourite and I'm not sold on it but have to respect there's money for it. 3rd
13) Panzer Princess - Will be looking for the lead from a wide barrier but not sure it has the trip here. WINS @ $7.60

Roughie: 10) Zapico - Held on well in a trial from wide barrier, closed ok, think it's got some ability and has a good draw to threaten here.

R5) 1200m C2 Handicap - Once again, will be hoping for runners to make late ground.

9) Zagato Star - Thought it was super impressive winning over 1100m after being the widest into the straight. Lau's 3kg claim comes into play. 4th
4) Handsome Return - Import from New Zealand new to Clarken stable. Kah gets the ride, market has warmed to him. Best may be over further? WINS @ $2.30
1) Tambang Besi - Fancied her before being scratched at the barriers at Strath. Weight a query.
3) Biancaptain - I'm not sold on this runner after it belted everything on debut and faltered second start. Back in class though.

Roughies: 5) Trooper's Ploy has some claims about it with decent form in the NT. 8 ) Free Hand - Broke its maiden here last start over the trip. Respect that form. 2nd @ $2.70

R6) 1100m BM60 - Some value to be had here with Oriental Gift $8. It was hideous in a lower class on Sunday.

7) Galcrum - Hard to ignore what it did here last time first up in a BM56, coming from last to score.
2) Grumpy Guru - Should be another closing late although seems to prefer longer distance. 3rd @ $6.40
5) Party Set - Will be out to lead and doesn't mind a battle in the straight.
12) Artistic Escape - Needs the breaks but very good placing between No Joy and Fulton Street, the latter winning comfortably at Murray Bridge on Sunday.

Roughie: 11) Shark Mirage - Love it for its consistency, gets a good barrier here and some weight relief. 2nd @ $8.10 6) Anamnesis - One of my main hopes at Clare last start. Forgiving the run, has been battling in better company of late WINS @ $5.30

R7) 1500m BM64

6) Polar Vortex - Toeroek rode brilliantly to slot in and almost win last start from a wide gate, thinking he can repeat the dosage. 3rd @ $1.60
2) Redeem Bounty - Good win last start but wide barrier draw makes it hard to see it in front at the line. 4th
13) Scouts Honour - Good track might be the query but an eye-catching second in a previous maiden puts it in the market.
10) Tarantino - Quality runner but beaten by Polar Vortex last start and would need to improve to challenge. 2nd @ $2

Roughie: 11) Sylvan Crest - I picked it as a rough hope at Strath where it lobbed second at $21 behind Regal Eagle and On Appro, Sneaky chance here


Better day with some handy place divs although only one on top selection winning.

As stated, I went in hoping for a day where back markers could make ground but it was apparent from about R2 that it wasn't going to be the case, which was pretty frustrating as I had a number of them selected to win. Most annoying was probably R7, brilliant ride on Polar Vortex but the inside running was too good, making ground was nearly impossible.

Seeking advice from anyone else who has a genuine crack and form study etc, what resources do you use?

I watch race replays via Racing.com and also use Racenet's speed maps, my numbers are in good areas but not good enough and it's doing my head in.

Is it experience? Practice? Luck? Really looking forward to studying up as we're back at Balaklava next week, long straight and the track is playing fair again.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:15 am

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:After the disaster that was Clare, I've picked myself of the canvas and had another crack. Good luck all.

Gawler

R1) 1100m Maiden - Looks like a number of these will be vying for the early lead.

1) Chucky - Will probably get back in the run but needed the extra 100m last start in town. Look for it swooping late. WINS @ $2.80
6) Sir Johnson - Has the barrier to get the run of the race, impressive trial v Yucatan coming into this. 4th
9) Now And Forever - Good trial when everything went its way. Respect.
7) Surreal Image - Honest so far but not convinced it will hold the others out first up. 2nd

Roughies: 5) Oliver's Tale is worth an each way ticket after sticking on 3 wide to win in a recent trial, clocking a solid time. 10) Pam's Journey - Should be on the pace and I respect its efforts so far. 3rd

R2) 1700m BM60 - Agonising a bit here as some quality horses have been putting in average efforts of late.

2) Autmed - Finished a long way off the winner in third but came from a mile back. Should settle midfield and be flying late. 3rd @ $1.90
4) Set To Cruise - Beat Oh So Fair and Chapal two starts back, Chapal ($4.80) contesting a BM78 at Sundown today. WINS @ $2.30
1) Good Idea - With a few mixing form, he was good enough without being great to think he'll be in the finish.
5) Unscopeable - Disgusting at Clare last start but that track was unkind to a lot of favourites on the day. Forgiving. 2nd @ $1.70

Roughies: 7) Hidatsa has Kah back on board, winning over this trip last time she was on. 8) Sweet Kaiser will carry the least weight and easily held out highly fancied Unscopeable at Clare last start.

R3) 2100m BM60 - Small field but some value in the field by the looks

4) Hurricanes - Finished all over them late at Clare, extra distance suits.
3) Bon Elise - Expensive to follow and with more weight, not sold on the short price. 2nd
5) Anyportinastorm - One of my favourite horses but all its wins have been first or second up. 4th
6) Claiborne King - Like Jeffy Maund back on board and think it's a pretty honest battler. WINS @ $15.20

R4) 1200m Maiden - Large field with a number of first starters

14) Miss Julienne - Finnegan came from last to grab a 3.3L fifth over 1100m last start, she knows this horse can close.
6) Smoke - Unsighted first starter from Balfour stable. Barrier 1, will be watching it keenly. 2nd @ $4.10
7) Knavesmire - Market has it favourite and I'm not sold on it but have to respect there's money for it. 3rd
13) Panzer Princess - Will be looking for the lead from a wide barrier but not sure it has the trip here. WINS @ $7.60

Roughie: 10) Zapico - Held on well in a trial from wide barrier, closed ok, think it's got some ability and has a good draw to threaten here.

R5) 1200m C2 Handicap - Once again, will be hoping for runners to make late ground.

9) Zagato Star - Thought it was super impressive winning over 1100m after being the widest into the straight. Lau's 3kg claim comes into play. 4th
4) Handsome Return - Import from New Zealand new to Clarken stable. Kah gets the ride, market has warmed to him. Best may be over further? WINS @ $2.30
1) Tambang Besi - Fancied her before being scratched at the barriers at Strath. Weight a query.
3) Biancaptain - I'm not sold on this runner after it belted everything on debut and faltered second start. Back in class though.

Roughies: 5) Trooper's Ploy has some claims about it with decent form in the NT. 8 ) Free Hand - Broke its maiden here last start over the trip. Respect that form. 2nd @ $2.70

R6) 1100m BM60 - Some value to be had here with Oriental Gift $8. It was hideous in a lower class on Sunday.

7) Galcrum - Hard to ignore what it did here last time first up in a BM56, coming from last to score.
2) Grumpy Guru - Should be another closing late although seems to prefer longer distance. 3rd @ $6.40
5) Party Set - Will be out to lead and doesn't mind a battle in the straight.
12) Artistic Escape - Needs the breaks but very good placing between No Joy and Fulton Street, the latter winning comfortably at Murray Bridge on Sunday.

Roughie: 11) Shark Mirage - Love it for its consistency, gets a good barrier here and some weight relief. 2nd @ $8.10 6) Anamnesis - One of my main hopes at Clare last start. Forgiving the run, has been battling in better company of late WINS @ $5.30

R7) 1500m BM64

6) Polar Vortex - Toeroek rode brilliantly to slot in and almost win last start from a wide gate, thinking he can repeat the dosage. 3rd @ $1.60
2) Redeem Bounty - Good win last start but wide barrier draw makes it hard to see it in front at the line. 4th
13) Scouts Honour - Good track might be the query but an eye-catching second in a previous maiden puts it in the market.
10) Tarantino - Quality runner but beaten by Polar Vortex last start and would need to improve to challenge. 2nd @ $2

Roughie: 11) Sylvan Crest - I picked it as a rough hope at Strath where it lobbed second at $21 behind Regal Eagle and On Appro, Sneaky chance here


Better day with some handy place divs although only one on top selection winning.

As stated, I went in hoping for a day where back markers could make ground but it was apparent from about R2 that it wasn't going to be the case, which was pretty frustrating as I had a number of them selected to win. Most annoying was probably R7, brilliant ride on Polar Vortex but the inside running was too good, making ground was nearly impossible.

Seeking advice from anyone else who has a genuine crack and form study etc, what resources do you use?

I watch race replays via Racing.com and also use Racenet's speed maps, my numbers are in good areas but not good enough and it's doing my head in.

Is it experience? Practice? Luck? Really looking forward to studying up as we're back at Balaklava next week, long straight and the track is playing fair again.


I use the OnSong racing guide $-)
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10221
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 260 times
Been liked: 446 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 am

You’ll soon go broke doing that haha.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Brodlach » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am

Saw a couple of replays this morning, Chucky looked pretty good coming from near last. Looks like he needs plenty of galloping room as the jockey kept him wide the whole way

Also how good did the track look, in super condition
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

Brodlach wrote:Saw a couple of replays this morning, Chucky looked pretty good coming from near last. Looks like he needs plenty of galloping room as the jockey kept him wide the whole way

Also how good did the track look, in super condition

I reckon he was maybe two back off the fence? Gifted a great run and yeah, once he could extend it was all over.

Run of the day for mine was first starter Smoke. Should have won but ground was tough to make. Loved the way it ran.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Brodlach » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:32 am

Reckon he was close to 3 deep in clear galloping room
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

Horses quickly costing me lots of money: Bon Elise and Laure Me In
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby helicopterking » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:56 am

My horse Shinar Ballina Race 3 #8.
Won’t be be going around at 121s again, but looking at around 14/1.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 575 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 am

How much is it for 25% of quaddie if I box 4 horses each leg? Is it around $140.00?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 5824
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:How much is it for 25% of quaddie if I box 4 horses each leg? Is it around $140.00?


4 selections in all 4 legs is $256 for 100%
25% will cost you $64
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ.
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Landing a big fish.
Has liked: 2206 times
Been liked: 2581 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 am

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:How much is it for 25% of quaddie if I box 4 horses each leg? Is it around $140.00?


4 selections in all 4 legs is $256 for 100%
25% will cost you $64

Thanks mate. How much for 5 and 6 then for 25% lol?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 5824
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 am

I’m bored so I will work it out lol

5 each leg is $625 for 100% ($156.25 for 25%)
6 each leg is $1296 for 100%. ($324 for 25%)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 am

helicopterking wrote:My horse Shinar Ballina Race 3 #8.
Won’t be be going around at 121s again, but looking at around 14/1.


Sportsbet has it 16 into 8. TT currently showing 8 too
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1512 times
Been liked: 1114 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am

Wait...so there's a Yucatan running at Penola today, which actually trialled well I might add, but I get the feeling it's not the Herbert Power version.

WTF is going on here?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 am

OnSong wrote:Wait...so there's a Yucatan running at Penola today, which actually trialled well I might add, but I get the feeling it's not the Herbert Power version.

WTF is going on here?

You’re about 6 weeks behind the times :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27578
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1802 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am

Brodlach wrote:
OnSong wrote:Wait...so there's a Yucatan running at Penola today, which actually trialled well I might add, but I get the feeling it's not the Herbert Power version.

WTF is going on here?

You’re about 6 weeks behind the times :lol:

I seriously watched the trials and was like "wow, Yucatan trialling at Morphettville...gee they're going easy on it" :lol:

FWIW, it was three wide the trip in the trials and basically coasted outside them, seems to have plenty of ability.

Only one has $600 prizemoney, the other $600k hahaha. Ack
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10235
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 427 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:How much is it for 25% of quaddie if I box 4 horses each leg? Is it around $140.00?


4 selections in all 4 legs is $256 for 100%
25% will cost you $64

Thanks mate. How much for 5 and 6 then for 25% lol?


5 (leg 1) x 5 (leg 2) = 25 x 5 (leg 3) = 125 x 5 (leg 4) = $625 for a full unit

6 (leg 1) x 6 (leg 2) = 36 x 6 (leg 3) = 216 x 6 (leg 4) = $1296 for a full unit
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40600
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3567 times
Been liked: 6071 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:How much is it for 25% of quaddie if I box 4 horses each leg? Is it around $140.00?


4 selections in all 4 legs is $256 for 100%
25% will cost you $64

Thanks mate. How much for 5 and 6 then for 25% lol?


5 (leg 1) x 5 (leg 2) = 25 x 5 (leg 3) = 125 x 5 (leg 4) = $625 for a full unit

6 (leg 1) x 6 (leg 2) = 36 x 6 (leg 3) = 216 x 6 (leg 4) = $1296 for a full unit


We established that two & a half hours ago, get back to the boozey cricket watching ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ.
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Landing a big fish.
Has liked: 2206 times
Been liked: 2581 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby twe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

helicopterking wrote:My horse Shinar Ballina Race 3 #8.
Won’t be be going around at 121s again, but looking at around 14/1.

Good luck bud looks an even field the gate may kill u ... Having said that have had a 1/3 investment !
twe
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 am
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests