2018-2019 BBL season

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:14 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
carey wrote:Disgraceful lengths


No one it seems is allowed to bowl yorkers. I haven't seen a decent yorker in the BBL for umpteen years. Till we work that out, I won't be watching, nor a fan of the hit and giggle.

It’s what Siddle did well last year.. bowl a good area and hit his yorker. It certainly seems to be a lost art form - although I wonder if it’s more a directive to avoid bowling them rather than inability.

Imagine how quickly BBL would become a bore if the batsmen were suddenly stopped from hitting boundaries every second ball.
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2363 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
carey wrote:Disgraceful lengths


No one it seems is allowed to bowl yorkers. I haven't seen a decent yorker in the BBL for umpteen years. Till we work that out, I won't be watching, nor a fan of the hit and giggle.

It’s what Siddle did well last year.. bowl a good area and hit his yorker. It certainly seems to be a lost art form - although I wonder if it’s more a directive to avoid bowling them rather than inability.

Imagine how quickly BBL would become a bore if the batsmen were suddenly stopped from hitting boundaries every second ball.
A directive to not bowl yorkers :roll:


If that is the case the competition should be shut down! Cant believe the ICC are allowing a 'bat flip' instead of the coin toss.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15259
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1056 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:42 pm

I know how absurd it sounds.. but then I think how hard is it to manage to bowl 6 balls to a plan, hit a Yorker with regularity and set fields accordingly?

I mean shit most park cricketers can, why can’t a trained professional? :?

Perhaps not a directive not to bowl them, but more a lack of emphasis or care on it - more focus on their change ups etc.. end of the day CA and BBL want big hitting and big scores.
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2363 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:I know how absurd it sounds.. but then I think how hard is it to manage to bowl 6 balls to a plan, hit a Yorker with regularity and set fields accordingly?

I mean shit most park cricketers can, why can’t a trained professional? :?

Perhaps not a directive not to bowl them, but more a lack of emphasis or care on it - more focus on their change ups etc.. end of the day CA and BBL want big hitting and big scores.


You been drinking again ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28943
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1910 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Brodlach wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I know how absurd it sounds.. but then I think how hard is it to manage to bowl 6 balls to a plan, hit a Yorker with regularity and set fields accordingly?

I mean shit most park cricketers can, why can’t a trained professional? :?

Perhaps not a directive not to bowl them, but more a lack of emphasis or care on it - more focus on their change ups etc.. end of the day CA and BBL want big hitting and big scores.


You been drinking again ;)


Sounds like he never stopped! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1118 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:54 pm

‘Tis the season to be jolly
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2363 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:‘Tis the season to be jolly


That’s the problem with the big bash, you can’t watch it without alcohol.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1118 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
carey wrote:Disgraceful lengths


No one it seems is allowed to bowl yorkers. I haven't seen a decent yorker in the BBL for umpteen years. Till we work that out, I won't be watching, nor a fan of the hit and giggle.

It’s what Siddle did well last year.. bowl a good area and hit his yorker. It certainly seems to be a lost art form - although I wonder if it’s more a directive to avoid bowling them rather than inability.

Imagine how quickly BBL would become a bore if the batsmen were suddenly stopped from hitting boundaries every second ball.



You are either drunk or home wrapping your cat in alfoil?

Or is it both?

#conspiracytheory
#****
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Just heard Lisa S speak I was F**k me but then I heard McGarth oh no could it get any worse BANG Slater.......


MUTE!

3 of the absolute worst.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Dickhead McGrath 100% wrong again, Calls Denly and it was Hughes.

proper moron
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:54 pm

carey wrote:Just heard Lisa S speak I was F**k me but then I heard McGarth oh no could it get any worse BANG Slater.......


MUTE!

3 of the absolute worst.
Similar situation for me old man going troppo on the front deck......Heater to the rescue by flicking on Fox Cricket!
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15259
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1056 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Wrapping your cat in Alfoil... classic Carey.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 1922 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:Sydney Thunder great odds. Both Melbourne teams and the Sixers will be ordinary with expected international outs.

Cant wait!



Will be a 2-0 start. :-BD :-BD
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Fielded Pope lol :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:13 pm

Bedge currently at home

Image


#silverfoilnotsilverspoon
Last edited by Brodlach on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 28943
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1910 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Brodlach wrote:Bedge currently at home

Image

GOLD!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 1922 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Correct.
lol :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby carey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:21 pm

:lol:
Attachments
Bedge on the net #noyorkers.png
Bedge on the net #noyorkers.png (90.99 KiB) Viewed 282 times
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 2359 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Some of your best work Brodlach :lol:
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2363 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 pm

carey wrote:Fielded Pope lol :lol:

How about his bowling!
Moses not giving him another, mind you Buttler out now, bet he rolls one down himself now!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 1922 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests