2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Grenville » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:42 pm

The occasional ball keeping low is the only thing the batsman has to keep an eye out for, it is a road besides that. So it's an Indian pitch, bravo curator.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby stampy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:42 pm

how can they not get it right after the snorefest of last year ffs!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 136 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:43 pm

If the ICC Grade the pitch poor, doesn’t the MCG cop a 2yr ban from hosting?

Who would host the Boxing Day test then?
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2358 times
Been liked: 2344 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby robranisgod » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:why dont they just get the clay from Perth in Melbourne's drop ins or is that just too much common sense??


Surely they should use the soil that Adelaide Oval uses, Adelaide's drop in pitches are the best drop in pitches at the moment. Sure it was the first time that Perth has had a drop in pitch, but it was just an average pitch.
robranisgod
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 92 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Grenville » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:46 pm

heater31 wrote:
northerner wrote:Really fascinating Gilly interview of Cam Bancroft. Certainly his words along with Smiths of last week confirmed that the scandal was Warners idea with Bancoft saying he felt damned if he agreed and damned if he didnt as he felt a need to fit in.
If Gilly scores an interview with Warner it will surely be compelling viewing.
Just strengthen's my thoughts that Smith and Bancroft can rehabilitate their image and get back into the side when their performance warrants it. The last one should be left to rot in First Class cricket and whore himself out to 20/20 leagues.


Agreed, how people can want this scum back in the Test team stuns me. He is and has always been a cancer on Australian cricket, if he's allowed back he'll only do more damage.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby RB » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Grenville wrote:The occasional ball keeping low is the only thing the batsman has to keep an eye out for, it is a road besides that. So it's an Indian pitch, bravo curator.
Does the curator know that India are the current BG Trophy holders? I.e. we need a result in the 3rd or 4th test?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3204
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 416 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:49 pm

stampy wrote:how can they not get it right after the snorefest of last year ffs!

Last year's pitch was graded as poor because the pitch didn't change over the duration. This pitch may still change and provide assistance to bowlers later in the test. Pretty dulll at the moment, but let's wait and see what happens.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 204 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Grenville wrote:
heater31 wrote:
northerner wrote:Really fascinating Gilly interview of Cam Bancroft. Certainly his words along with Smiths of last week confirmed that the scandal was Warners idea with Bancoft saying he felt damned if he agreed and damned if he didnt as he felt a need to fit in.
If Gilly scores an interview with Warner it will surely be compelling viewing.
Just strengthen's my thoughts that Smith and Bancroft can rehabilitate their image and get back into the side when their performance warrants it. The last one should be left to rot in First Class cricket and whore himself out to 20/20 leagues.


Agreed, how people can want this scum back in the Test team stuns me. He is and has always been a cancer on Australian cricket, if he's allowed back he'll only do more damage.

I was at the MCG on Boxing Day last year along with 88k others. When Warner was recalled on 99 and then made his century it was the loudest roar I have ever experienced in sport. I assume you guys weren't cheering with the rest of Australia when this happened?
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 204 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Grenville » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Grenville wrote:
heater31 wrote:
northerner wrote:Really fascinating Gilly interview of Cam Bancroft. Certainly his words along with Smiths of last week confirmed that the scandal was Warners idea with Bancoft saying he felt damned if he agreed and damned if he didnt as he felt a need to fit in.
If Gilly scores an interview with Warner it will surely be compelling viewing.
Just strengthen's my thoughts that Smith and Bancroft can rehabilitate their image and get back into the side when their performance warrants it. The last one should be left to rot in First Class cricket and whore himself out to 20/20 leagues.


Agreed, how people can want this scum back in the Test team stuns me. He is and has always been a cancer on Australian cricket, if he's allowed back he'll only do more damage.

I was at the MCG on Boxing Day last year along with 88k others. When Warner was recalled on 99 and then made his century it was the loudest roar I have ever experienced in sport. I assume you guys weren't cheering with the rest of Australia when this happened?


Correct, I didn't.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:If the ICC Grade the pitch poor, doesn’t the MCG cop a 2yr ban from hosting?

Who would host the Boxing Day test then?
I'm pretty sure it's a one year ban Bedge
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26820
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5788 times
Been liked: 840 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:17 pm

2/131

Pujara and Kohli at the wicket now, might get one of them out by stumps TOMORROW :D ;)
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
stampy wrote:how can they not get it right after the snorefest of last year ffs!

Last year's pitch was graded as poor because the pitch didn't change over the duration. This pitch may still change and provide assistance to bowlers later in the test. Pretty dulll at the moment, but let's wait and see what happens.

It aint changing, not with that much grass holding it together
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8455
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1529 times
Been liked: 1118 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
stampy wrote:how can they not get it right after the snorefest of last year ffs!

Last year's pitch was graded as poor because the pitch didn't change over the duration. This pitch may still change and provide assistance to bowlers later in the test. Pretty dulll at the moment, but let's wait and see what happens.

It aint changing, not with that much grass holding it together

You don’t think it’ll get lower and slower?

Interesting Khohi summed the pitch up exactly at the toss how it would play.
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2358 times
Been liked: 2344 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
stampy wrote:how can they not get it right after the snorefest of last year ffs!

Last year's pitch was graded as poor because the pitch didn't change over the duration. This pitch may still change and provide assistance to bowlers later in the test. Pretty dulll at the moment, but let's wait and see what happens.

It aint changing, not with that much grass holding it together

You don’t think it’ll get lower and slower?

Interesting Khohi summed the pitch up exactly at the toss how it would play.


Yeah itll get harder to score on, wont get easier to take wickets. Might be lucky to score 1000 runs in 5 days
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8455
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1529 times
Been liked: 1118 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Grenville » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:36 pm

The variable bounce will suit Jadeja to a tee.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Ridiculous and desperate review
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Reviews are there for howlers, not guesses.

Horrible review by the Aussies.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 691 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby northerner » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 pm

That wasnt a DRS. That was an AOD.... Act Of Desperation.
northerner
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Unreal over from Starc, pity you werent that fired up at 10.00am
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:27 pm

If we are picking a keeper/batsmen Paine really needs to take them
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 2647 times
Been liked: 1171 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest