TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Hands up who could have imagined NZ having a lead of 600 late on Day 3 after being 6/60 odd on Day 1 ? :shock:
Astonishing stuff
Hows the pitch tho?
After producing 20 wickets for stuff all over the 1st Day and a bit, its now the friendliest featherbed Rd one could imagine playing on.
How the Aussies would love to swap pitches with them now?
De Grandhome just brings up the FASTEST Test 50 for NZ ever off only 28 balls
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 228 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Keefy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:55 pm

NZ declare at 4/585

Nicholls 162*
de Grandhomme 71* off 45 balls

Sri Lanka require 660 to win and are 2/9
Keefy
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:10 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:41 pm

2/24 now, this is an absolute shellacking so far
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26831
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5793 times
Been liked: 842 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Saffers 1/16

Target is 149
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Possibly 2/16
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Not out for me
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Elgar survives
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 pm

1/81 lunch Day 3
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Sth africa
4/137....lost 3 quick wickets

Both captains got a Pair
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:39 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Sth africa
4/137....lost 3 quick wickets

Both captains got a Pair


Looking at interviews after game, Graeme Smith has been in a good paddock since retiring!
Eagles2014
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 134 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:49 am

South Africa won by six wickets

Sri Lanka trail New Zealand by 570, 2/89 in their second innings at lunch day four
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26831
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5793 times
Been liked: 842 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:24 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Both captains got a Pair


wonder if that has ever happened before :shock:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40011
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Stumps day four, Sri Lanka trial by 428
SL second innings 6/231
Mendis 67
Wagner 3/47
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26831
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5793 times
Been liked: 842 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:57 pm

locky801 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Both captains got a Pair


wonder if that has ever happened before :shock:


Nup

22 captains have been dismissed for a pair.[6]

Joe Darling for Australia v England at Sheffield in 1902
Louis Tancred for South Africa v England at The Oval in 1912
Vijay Hazare for India v England at Kanpur in 1951/52
Harry Cave for New Zealand v West Indies at Dunedin in 1955/56
Frank Worrell for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 1960/61
Richie Benaud for Australia v England at Leeds in 1961
Imtiaz Ahmed for Pakistan v England at Dhaka in 1961/62
Bishen Bedi for India v England at Delhi in 1976/77
Ian Botham for England v Australia at Lord's in 1981
Allan Border for Australia v West Indies at Perth in 1992/93
Mark Taylor for Australia v Pakistan at Karachi in 1994/95
Stephen Fleming for New Zealand v Australia at Hobart in 1997/98
Courtney Walsh for West Indies v Pakistan at Rawalpindi in 1997/98
Rashid Latif for Pakistan v South Africa at Port Elizabeth in 1997/98
Nasser Hussain for England v West Indies at The Oval in 2000
Jimmy Adams for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 2000/01
Waqar Younis for Pakistan v Australia at Sharjah in 2002/03
Habibul Bashar for Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Harare in 2003/04
Marvan Atapattu for Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Faisalabad in 2004/05
AB de Villiers for South Africa v England at Centurion in 2015/16
Sarfaraz Ahmed for Pakistan v South Africa at Centurion in 2018/19
Faf du Plessis for South Africa v Pakistan at Centurion in 2018/19
User avatar
Armchair expert
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 151 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
locky801 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Both captains got a Pair


wonder if that has ever happened before :shock:


Nup

22 captains have been dismissed for a pair.[6]

Joe Darling for Australia v England at Sheffield in 1902
Louis Tancred for South Africa v England at The Oval in 1912
Vijay Hazare for India v England at Kanpur in 1951/52
Harry Cave for New Zealand v West Indies at Dunedin in 1955/56
Frank Worrell for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 1960/61
Richie Benaud for Australia v England at Leeds in 1961
Imtiaz Ahmed for Pakistan v England at Dhaka in 1961/62
Bishen Bedi for India v England at Delhi in 1976/77
Ian Botham for England v Australia at Lord's in 1981
Allan Border for Australia v West Indies at Perth in 1992/93
Mark Taylor for Australia v Pakistan at Karachi in 1994/95
Stephen Fleming for New Zealand v Australia at Hobart in 1997/98
Courtney Walsh for West Indies v Pakistan at Rawalpindi in 1997/98
Rashid Latif for Pakistan v South Africa at Port Elizabeth in 1997/98
Nasser Hussain for England v West Indies at The Oval in 2000
Jimmy Adams for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 2000/01
Waqar Younis for Pakistan v Australia at Sharjah in 2002/03
Habibul Bashar for Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Harare in 2003/04
Marvan Atapattu for Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Faisalabad in 2004/05
AB de Villiers for South Africa v England at Centurion in 2015/16
Sarfaraz Ahmed for Pakistan v South Africa at Centurion in 2018/19
Faf du Plessis for South Africa v Pakistan at Centurion in 2018/19


Biggest surprise there that Courtney Walsh only did it once
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8455
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 1118 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm

locky801 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Both captains got a Pair


wonder if that has ever happened before :shock:
Think its first time

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:21 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
locky801 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Both captains got a Pair


wonder if that has ever happened before :shock:


Nup

22 captains have been dismissed for a pair.[6]

Joe Darling for Australia v England at Sheffield in 1902
Louis Tancred for South Africa v England at The Oval in 1912
Vijay Hazare for India v England at Kanpur in 1951/52
Harry Cave for New Zealand v West Indies at Dunedin in 1955/56
Frank Worrell for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 1960/61
Richie Benaud for Australia v England at Leeds in 1961
Imtiaz Ahmed for Pakistan v England at Dhaka in 1961/62
Bishen Bedi for India v England at Delhi in 1976/77
Ian Botham for England v Australia at Lord's in 1981
Allan Border for Australia v West Indies at Perth in 1992/93
Mark Taylor for Australia v Pakistan at Karachi in 1994/95
Stephen Fleming for New Zealand v Australia at Hobart in 1997/98
Courtney Walsh for West Indies v Pakistan at Rawalpindi in 1997/98
Rashid Latif for Pakistan v South Africa at Port Elizabeth in 1997/98
Nasser Hussain for England v West Indies at The Oval in 2000
Jimmy Adams for West Indies v Australia at Melbourne in 2000/01
Waqar Younis for Pakistan v Australia at Sharjah in 2002/03
Habibul Bashar for Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Harare in 2003/04
Marvan Atapattu for Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Faisalabad in 2004/05
AB de Villiers for South Africa v England at Centurion in 2015/16
Sarfaraz Ahmed for Pakistan v South Africa at Centurion in 2018/19
Faf du Plessis for South Africa v Pakistan at Centurion in 2018/19


Biggest surprise there that Courtney Walsh only did it once


Only one as Captain but got 4 overall in test cricket, i still find that stat amazingly low :D
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40011
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1000 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:55 pm

1st time both captains have got a pair
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 am

New Zealand win by 428 runs
Sri Lanka second innings 236
Mendis 67
Wagner 4/48
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26831
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5793 times
Been liked: 842 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Pakis 1/11
Trailing 243
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 44395
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6902 times
Been liked: 1801 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest