2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Richardson was very good tonight, Zampa was pretty good and Stionis fought hard, the bowlers did well to keep it tight enough to keep us in it but not batting 50 overs and not enough runs was obviously the issue again. Dhoni chewing up dot balls helped to keep us in it aswell but he was always in control and did it easy in the end. He just didn't look to really go for it and throw his wicket away like we needed him too. He is still class.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27813
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6262 times
Been liked: 924 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:44 pm

If Maxwell holds that dolly off Dhoni’s first ball or Siddle appeals harder when Dhoni nicked it behind, Australia win.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11044
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 2989 times
Been liked: 3215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby carey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

northerner wrote:Dhoni... the. Best. Current. Player. In ODI chases. Sensational. Time and again he shows composure under pressure never letting the situation stress him. Focussed on red ink? Baloney... I would LOVE to have an Aussie batsman who "valued red ink" as he does. Surely you can only impact on the result whilst you are not out.
MS.. a star.

Meanwhile Siddle will never play another game for his nation again.



No read a few pages back. He is selfish and to slow.

I agree with you along with Kane Williamson
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19908
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby northerner » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:Khawaja is a massive liability in the field. Jogging around half arsed and Zampa had to come from the deep and still beat him to the ball


Most batsmen have copped their share of criticism on this forum..and fair enough. But IMO Uzzie has been by far the biggest disappointment over the summer. He is our best bat only behind Smith and Warner. Yet in all his innings he made plenty of starts (enough to keep the critics quiet) but never once shown his full ability. I thought this was going to be his summer.
northerner
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Booney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:01 am

Richardson replaces Hazlewood in the squad for the Sri Lanka series after Hazlewood reports back soreness.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45386
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4395 times
Been liked: 7371 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am

Booney wrote:Richardson replaces Hazlewood in the squad for the Sri Lanka series after Hazlewood reports back soreness.


https://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh-ha ... 2019-01-19

Not ideal.

“Josh has reported some back soreness over the last few days and scans have revealed a very early stage stress fracture in the same lower back area as his previous injury from last summer," said physio David Beakley.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 27813
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6262 times
Been liked: 924 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby David Brent » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 am

northerner wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Khawaja is a massive liability in the field. Jogging around half arsed and Zampa had to come from the deep and still beat him to the ball


Most batsmen have copped their share of criticism on this forum..and fair enough. But IMO Uzzie has been by far the biggest disappointment over the summer. He is our best bat only behind Smith and Warner. Yet in all his innings he made plenty of starts (enough to keep the critics quiet) but never once shown his full ability. I thought this was going to be his summer.



Also thought this was going to be his summer, but I’ll cut him some slack. He had a bit going on outside of cricket. Not sure my work performance would be at a 100% for a few months, whilst a sibling is being held on potential Terrrsiom Charges.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Reserves
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 am

Hazlewood is OUT of the Sri Lanka test replaced by Jhye Richardson
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 294 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby stan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 am

Armchair expert wrote:Hazlewood is OUT of the Sri Lanka test replaced by Jhye Richardson
With Patto out injured I guess he was the likely replacement.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12195
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 820 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby DOC » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:54 am

mmmmmmm. All these experts managing fast bowlers workload and here we go again.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7854
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 707 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Another ton to Patterson against the Lankans
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40428
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1063 times
Been liked: 2452 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:Another ton to Patterson against the Lankans


I expect that someone in the squad will 'pull a hammy' and Patterson will be included.
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 294 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby whufc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Another ton to Patterson against the Lankans


I expect that someone in the squad will 'pull a hammy' and Patterson will be included.


We can only hope!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20115
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3018 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 pm

David Brent wrote:
northerner wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Khawaja is a massive liability in the field. Jogging around half arsed and Zampa had to come from the deep and still beat him to the ball


Most batsmen have copped their share of criticism on this forum..and fair enough. But IMO Uzzie has been by far the biggest disappointment over the summer. He is our best bat only behind Smith and Warner. Yet in all his innings he made plenty of starts (enough to keep the critics quiet) but never once shown his full ability. I thought this was going to be his summer.



Also thought this was going to be his summer, but I’ll cut him some slack. He had a bit going on outside of cricket. Not sure my work performance would be at a 100% for a few months, whilst a sibling is being held on potential Terrrsiom Charges.


Are you serious??
His brother set someone else up, he wasnt facing terrorisom charges, was all brought on himself. How the f that has anything to do with Ussies batting is beyond me. He's a lazy cricketer getting a free ride. The worst player of spin in the country. I fear he is the next Shaun Marsh getting gifted games
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1679 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby stan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 am

whufc wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Another ton to Patterson against the Lankans


I expect that someone in the squad will 'pull a hammy' and Patterson will be included.


We can only hope!!!
I reckon he is worth a chance for the Sri Lankan series. I wouldn't like to see young Will just yet, let him play some more first class cricket.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12195
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 820 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 am

Added to the squad and certain to play
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 32409
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2252 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 am

Good luck to anyone that can pick the 11
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 294 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby stan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 am

Brodlach wrote:Added to the squad and certain to play
You would think so. This season he has 428 runs @ 47 and has a 2st class ave of 41. It too bad. He's 25 years old and might be starting to find his feet a bit. The recent tour match suggests he has some form as well so not a bad selection to replace Marsh.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12195
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 820 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby northerner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:48 pm

So two batsmen named will miss out.
Patterson HAS to play. An Aussie batsman scoring centuries at First Class level? That's unheard of in current times.
Renshaw MUST miss out. He has not given one iota of a reason all summer to be selected apart from a triple hundred against hackers in a Club game.
Burns or Will P are fighting for the last spot.
northerner
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby robranisgod » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
stan wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:50 to Patterson

Not in the test squad though
70 odd now. Good to see someone making runs.


97* at dinner


Kurtis Patterson averages 41 at First class level. He has a higher first class average than Handscomb, Burns, Shaun Marsh, Mitch Marsh, Labuschagne, Renshaw and Finch. Why isn't he in the test squad?


Finally the selectors are listening to me. About time.

Now watch Patterson stuff up given that I have been his biggest supporter.
robranisgod
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 105 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 0 guests