Glenelg V Port Grand Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Looks like it could be a Tiger triple with Weribee already winning. The old TigerBoss will be having kittens!

Well done Bays, I'm stoked for a lot of good friends who have been waiting a long time, I know what it's like!

?????
Richmond won the VFL

Whoops meant they beat Weribee.
Aren't Richmond the Tigers hence my triple comment?

Yes triple Tigers is on the cards but Werribee are also the Tigers.
Richmond beat Williamstown in the VFL today.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40428
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1063 times
Been liked: 2452 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Good for Motlop, shopped around long enough to find a club to get him a flag.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45386
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4395 times
Been liked: 7371 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:A couple of port players jumping at shadows today.

Can they please take the magpie guernsey off and just wear the Power guernsey.
Please!!

Yes losing 3 out of their 3 grand finals not doing the "magpies" name much good. I think many port supporters would be happy they call them what they are, port reserves. A lot of magpies supporters that the power were trying to appease when they took them over would prefer it also.

If a National reserves comp ever happens then yes they will be wearing the Power guernsey
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40428
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1063 times
Been liked: 2452 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well done Bays - I was 13 the last time you won a flag and congrats to all the long-suffering supporters in the SA Footy family

Definitely the year for drought-breakers.

Still think they should play " A Tiger for Me" for old times sake though :lol:

Agree with every word that Bedge said

*edit* - 39k attendees and probably not one of them saw Glenelgs last flag at Adelaide Oval

Kidding aren't you?
I personally know at least 100 that would have! :?
I'm pretty sure there was a few people there today over 35. :?
Peter Carey and Stephen Kernaghan for eg?
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44571
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:36 pm

No words
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14619
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 868 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I know i jumped back on board the bays this year after taking a year or two of really caring about the bays. Poor club decision and my growing lack of interest in the sanfl were the reasons why. I ain’t pretending I am a die hard. But growing up going to see the bays play at footy park was a real treat. I knew all the players and Followed them religiously.
But I was four when we won our last flag. This is special cause of my Nanna. She wouldnt let us in her house if we didn’t follow the bays. She was one of those ladies at the bay oval who sat on the fence. She may struggle now to even grasp what is going on today, and today is special because of her.

That's the difference. I can't
imagine too many port supporters would be "devastated" by the loss.
Dogs64
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm

am Bays wrote:No words


New shirt?
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45386
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4395 times
Been liked: 7371 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know i jumped back on board the bays this year after taking a year or two of really caring about the bays. Poor club decision and my growing lack of interest in the sanfl were the reasons why. I ain’t pretending I am a die hard. But growing up going to see the bays play at footy park was a real treat. I knew all the players and Followed them religiously.
But I was four when we won our last flag. This is special cause of my Nanna. She wouldnt let us in her house if we didn’t follow the bays. She was one of those ladies at the bay oval who sat on the fence. She may struggle now to even grasp what is going on today, and today is special because of her.

That's the difference. I can't
imagine too many port supporters would be "devastated" by the loss.

They'd be about as devestated as the Eagles fans who's reserves lost today too
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44571
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Spargo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Oh man
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11044
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 2989 times
Been liked: 3215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby locky801 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know i jumped back on board the bays this year after taking a year or two of really caring about the bays. Poor club decision and my growing lack of interest in the sanfl were the reasons why. I ain’t pretending I am a die hard. But growing up going to see the bays play at footy park was a real treat. I knew all the players and Followed them religiously.
But I was four when we won our last flag. This is special cause of my Nanna. She wouldnt let us in her house if we didn’t follow the bays. She was one of those ladies at the bay oval who sat on the fence. She may struggle now to even grasp what is going on today, and today is special because of her.

That's the difference. I can't
imagine too many port supporters would be "devastated" by the loss.

They'd be about as devestated as the Eagles fans who's reserves lost today too


how much the Eagles reserves lose by Wedgie :D
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41632
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1169 times
Been liked: 537 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know i jumped back on board the bays this year after taking a year or two of really caring about the bays. Poor club decision and my growing lack of interest in the sanfl were the reasons why. I ain’t pretending I am a die hard. But growing up going to see the bays play at footy park was a real treat. I knew all the players and Followed them religiously.
But I was four when we won our last flag. This is special cause of my Nanna. She wouldnt let us in her house if we didn’t follow the bays. She was one of those ladies at the bay oval who sat on the fence. She may struggle now to even grasp what is going on today, and today is special because of her.

That's the difference. I can't
imagine too many port supporters would be "devastated" by the loss.

They'd be about as devestated as the Eagles fans who's reserves lost today too


Exactly the same.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45386
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4395 times
Been liked: 7371 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Well done Bays - I was 13 the last time you won a flag and congrats to all the long-suffering supporters in the SA Footy family

Definitely the year for drought-breakers.

Still think they should play " A Tiger for Me" for old times sake though :lol:

Agree with every word that Bedge said

*edit* - 39k attendees and probably not one of them saw Glenelgs last flag at Adelaide Oval

Kidding aren't you?
I personally know at least 100 that would have! :?
I'm pretty sure there was a few people there today over 35. :?
Peter Carey and Stephen Kernaghan for eg?

Key word Adelaide Oval
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1679 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby JK » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Congrats Spargo, Dutchy, Pirate, TigerBoss and all the Snouts. Thoroughly deaerved, enjoy lads!!
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34707
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2889 times
Been liked: 2138 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Well done Bays - I was 13 the last time you won a flag and congrats to all the long-suffering supporters in the SA Footy family

Definitely the year for drought-breakers.

Still think they should play " A Tiger for Me" for old times sake though :lol:

Agree with every word that Bedge said

*edit* - 39k attendees and probably not one of them saw Glenelgs last flag at Adelaide Oval

Kidding aren't you?
I personally know at least 100 that would have! :?
I'm pretty sure there was a few people there today over 35. :?
Peter Carey and Stephen Kernaghan for eg?

Key word Adelaide Oval

Peter Carey and Graham Cornes were there for that too!

PS Whoops! :lol:
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44571
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby mots02 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:45 pm

They got the JO medalist right
User avatar
mots02
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 396 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Well done to the Bays, really happy for the long suffering supporters like Spargo ,Dutchy and MT
Last edited by Brodlach on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 32410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2252 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Brodlach wrote:Well done to the Bays, really happy for the long suffering supporters like Spargo and MT
Thanks but others that stayed with the club like Spargo deserve to be excited and have a big night.
They stuck with it. I jumped ship.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 46543
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8017 times
Been liked: 2139 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Well done Bays - I was 13 the last time you won a flag and congrats to all the long-suffering supporters in the SA Footy family

Definitely the year for drought-breakers.

Still think they should play " A Tiger for Me" for old times sake though :lol:

Agree with every word that Bedge said

*edit* - 39k attendees and probably not one of them saw Glenelgs last flag at Adelaide Oval

Kidding aren't you?
I personally know at least 100 that would have! :?
I'm pretty sure there was a few people there today over 35. :?
Peter Carey and Stephen Kernaghan for eg?

Key word Adelaide Oval

Peter Carey and Graham Cornes were there for that too!

PS Whoops! :lol:


Oh sorry Lisa for not reading your post properly and poo=pooing what I wrote :roll:

I'll just add you to the long list, shall I... :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1326 times
Been liked: 1828 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Spargo wrote:Oh man


Enjoy mate!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7686
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1406 times
Been liked: 1452 times

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Spargo wrote:Oh man


Enjoy mate!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7686
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1406 times
Been liked: 1452 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], holden78 and 8 guests