2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:55 am

You rely heavily on your ageing stars, no denying that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46428
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 7627 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
Line ball for mine. Last year when all the nuffies were calling for him to get picked he'd kicked 8 goals in 16 SANFL games, hardly knocking the door down.


Frampton as proven he can influence games, Himmelberg is still finding his way and not sure if he will ever make it.
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39059
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1207 times
Been liked: 1982 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:08 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Line ball for mine. Last year when all the nuffies were calling for him to get picked he'd kicked 8 goals in 16 SANFL games, hardly knocking the door down.


Frampton as proven he can influence games, Himmelberg is still finding his way and not sure if he will ever make it.


At SANFL level, against Centrals, West and the Eagles, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46428
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 7627 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:11 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I think they should top up with the likes of Jenkins and Steven to have another shot at it.

May as well. We'll be up there again next year don't you worry about that. That's what good teams do.


Great teams win premierships. When you win the Minor Premiership and aren't a genuine flag chance something is wrong. Topping up isn't working. If we get Jenkins and Stevens back us in now for another Prelim loss. I'd rather we plan on being great, than being satisfied with being good. Do you think West Coast, Richmond and Hawthorn are satisfied with being good? I reckon we are a bit like Sydney...good is good enough.

regards,

REB
We ARE the Danger!
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 26223
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 1396 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Player management, he strung a couple of BOG's mid season for memory, polling 3 votes ahead of the talent pool that Geelong has is quite something IMO, I'd sooner him still be out there.


Perhaps, but not for 20 plus games. 12-15 games max for Gaz with no travelling. MCG and Cat Park only with the odd game at Comic Book Park.

regards,

REB
We ARE the Danger!
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 26223
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 1396 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:20 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I think they should top up with the likes of Jenkins and Steven to have another shot at it.

May as well. We'll be up there again next year don't you worry about that. That's what good teams do.


Great teams win premierships. When you win the Minor Premiership and aren't a genuine flag chance something is wrong. Topping up isn't working. If we get Jenkins and Stevens back us in now for another Prelim loss. I'd rather we plan on being great, than being satisfied with being good. Do you think West Coast, Richmond and Hawthorn are satisfied with being good? I reckon we are a bit like Sydney...good is good enough.

regards,

REB

Hawks didn't even make finals, we knocked Eagles out of the finals and were 3 goals off making a GF. Flags are tough to win in case you haven't realised? I'd rather be up there year in year out and a chance. You're a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to your team. If you think the club is satisfied with being just good, than I have underestimated your knowledge on football because if you think that, you have absolutely no idea. Anyhow, I'm not going on anymore about. **** the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:29 am

If only they played a home final
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33715
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2335 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I think they should top up with the likes of Jenkins and Steven to have another shot at it.

May as well. We'll be up there again next year don't you worry about that. That's what good teams do.


Great teams win premierships. When you win the Minor Premiership and aren't a genuine flag chance something is wrong. Topping up isn't working. If we get Jenkins and Stevens back us in now for another Prelim loss. I'd rather we plan on being great, than being satisfied with being good. Do you think West Coast, Richmond and Hawthorn are satisfied with being good? I reckon we are a bit like Sydney...good is good enough.

regards,

REB

Hawks didn't even make finals, we knocked Eagles out of the finals and were 3 goals off making a GF. Flags are tough to win in case you haven't realised? I'd rather be up there year in year out and a chance. You're a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to your team. If you think the club is satisfied with being just good, than I have underestimated your knowledge on football because if you think that, you have absolutely no idea. Anyhow, I'm not going on anymore about. **** the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Apology accepted.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46428
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 7627 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 am

Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46428
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 7627 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:43 am

Booney wrote:Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.

Good goal kicking midfielder to replace Kelly. I like it. 2020 Premiership???
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:58 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.

Good goal kicking midfielder to replace Kelly. I like it. 2020 Premiership???


And he's nearly 30, perfect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46428
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4585 times
Been liked: 7627 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:58 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.

Good goal kicking midfielder to replace Kelly. I like it. 2020 Premiership???

The 2020 version of Steven isn’t a quarter of the player that Kelly is
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40994
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1085 times
Been liked: 2560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Player management, he strung a couple of BOG's mid season for memory, polling 3 votes ahead of the talent pool that Geelong has is quite something IMO, I'd sooner him still be out there.


Perhaps, but not for 20 plus games. 12-15 games max for Gaz with no travelling. MCG and Cat Park only with the odd game at Comic Book Park.

regards,

REB


Yeah, he'd end up with a Norm Smith if they managed him that way, the window is still ajar at Geelong.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39105
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2727 times
Been liked: 4900 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.

Good goal kicking midfielder to replace Kelly. I like it. 2020 Premiership???

The 2020 version of Steven isn’t a quarter of the player that Kelly is

Can't wait to see him dominate for the Mighty Catters in 2020.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
User avatar
Mythical Creature
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 am
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: United

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?

Yeah they can have Scott Selwood back
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 343 times
Been liked: 479 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?
I would

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47152
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8299 times
Been liked: 2237 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?

Na. Gaff, Yeo and a first rounder would be fair.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby stan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?

Na. Gaff, Yeo and a first rounder would be fair.
Yeah nice, you have too much time on your hands with all these log ins , just make a choice, be a cats or a hawks fan. Just stop being a flog.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12318
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 837 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Anyone else find this weird

User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FOURTH ESTATE and 3 guests