PDCA 2016 - 2017

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Spudoligist » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:19 pm

I’d expect Dublin to be very competitive in div2 this year, haven’t lost any players as well as picking up wise and binyon from two Wells.
Spudoligist
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: United

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:43 am

Spudoligist wrote:I’d expect Dublin to be very competitive in div2 this year, haven’t lost any players as well as picking up wise and binyon from two Wells.


Whether he plays well or not Patty Binyon is sure to be BOG off the ground.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21052
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1457 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:55 am

Spudoligist wrote:I’d expect Dublin to be very competitive in div2 this year, haven’t lost any players as well as picking up wise and binyon from two Wells.

Weren't they losing their two best players to Mallala?

Great to hear otherwise, I don't think I've played a senior game against them but definitely one of my favourite clubs, I loved going out there and seeing how well the oval had progressed and the hot dogs were something else, the people made the place though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41264
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3048 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

Dublin B grade lads stuck around for about 3hrs last year after our game - be good for our lads to reciprocate the patronage.. reckon I might need to get a lift to the game this year with someone! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:03 am

PDCA womens comp falling to pieces the last 24hrs.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am

The Bedge wrote:PDCA womens comp falling to pieces the last 24hrs.

I seen that coming as the week progressed, I had many texts and calls about the gradings.

Smithfield didn't make the GF in Grade 3 and promoted to Grade 1 after losing their 4 best players, it probably wasn't going to go down too well after the controversy from the semi last season.

I only heard one side of the story about the semi so I'm not going to add my two bobs worth.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41264
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3048 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:31 am

Sandy Creek followed suit also.

Funny, you have a Women's Pre-Season meeting, you'd think the clubs would be consulted and spoken to about their competition.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am

The Bedge wrote:Sandy Creek followed suit also.

Funny, you have a Women's Pre-Season meeting, you'd think the clubs would be consulted and spoken to about their competition.

Having a quick squiz at the gradings and that was the first observation I made too, they finished bottom of Grade 2 and got promoted to Grade 1, I thought if them and Smithfield were put in Grade 2 it would be two lots of 8 per Grade instead of 10 and 6, I thought it would be a simple fix.

So it's been confirmed that Sandy Creek have pulled the pin too? I've seen one email sent from the PDCA this morning.

Maybe Smithfield and Sandy Creek could play a test series.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41264
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3048 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Having a quick squiz at the gradings and that was the first observation I made too, they finished bottom of Grade 2 and got promoted to Grade 1, I thought if them and Smithfield were put in Grade 2 it would be two lots of 8 per Grade instead of 10 and 6, I thought it would be a simple fix.

I thought 6-5-5 with a cross-over bye would work fine.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Having a quick squiz at the gradings and that was the first observation I made too, they finished bottom of Grade 2 and got promoted to Grade 1, I thought if them and Smithfield were put in Grade 2 it would be two lots of 8 per Grade instead of 10 and 6, I thought it would be a simple fix.

I thought 6-5-5 with a cross-over bye would work fine.


Yeah, or just have the bye, it's pleasant to have a Monday off here or there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41264
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3048 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:12 am

G1
ER
CU
AV
NP
SW
PG
G2
ER (B)
TW
DUB
ATCO
PH
G3
PH (B)
SC
SW (B)
SM
EU

or

G1
ER
CU
AV
NP
DUB or TW
SW
PG
PH

G2
DUB or TW
ER (B)
SW (B)
NP (B)
SM
SC
ATCO
EU

They probably didn't need to complicate it, it's always tough doing the fixtures as most teams cry wolf at the start of the season to stay in a lower division.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41264
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3048 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am

So simple, and both those lineups look much better IMO.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Reeree35 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 am

It’s a hard comp as no one wants to come up and play A grade no one gets close to eyre and they technically aren’t breaking any rules by being great players but they are definitely turning teams away from playing ,the idea of a strike like stance was brought up by a few teams last season and anytime they played eyre they would forfeit but the clubs would have to pay the forfeit fine, it will be interesting to see what comes of Tuesday night because with no Angle Vale and a 1/4 strength Units it will be eyre miles in front
Reeree35
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:40 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 am

What because eyre are really good they don’t want to play against them

Hate to break it to the women’s teams but every single season every single year there will be a ‘top’ side and a ‘bottom’ side
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21052
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1457 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:20 pm

whufc wrote:What because eyre are really good they don’t want to play against them

Hate to break it to the women’s teams but every single season every single year there will be a ‘top’ side and a ‘bottom’ side

It’s not about top and bottom, it’s about the gulf that’s developed between the top and the rest, and sides being relegated to weekly happy hour for them.

Eyre Royals would play finals in the men’s LO4 Comp.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12282
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2968 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:What because eyre are really good they don’t want to play against them

Hate to break it to the women’s teams but every single season every single year there will be a ‘top’ side and a ‘bottom’ side

It’s not about top and bottom, it’s about the gulf that’s developed between the top and the rest, and sides being relegated to weekly happy hour for them.

Eyre Royals would play finals in the men’s LO4 Comp.


How many times a season do they play Eyre Royals!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21052
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1457 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Reeree35 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:40 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:What because eyre are really good they don’t want to play against them

Hate to break it to the women’s teams but every single season every single year there will be a ‘top’ side and a ‘bottom’ side

It’s not about top and bottom, it’s about the gulf that’s developed between the top and the rest, and sides being relegated to weekly happy hour for them.

Eyre Royals would play finals in the men’s LO4 Comp.


How many times a season do they play Eyre Royals!


The last previous seasons it’s been 3 times.

This year with the new fixture it’s once.

But they dominate a whole season by a country mile and it becomes a 1 team comp by their %%%
Reeree35
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:40 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Snags » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:41 am

Lachlan Goss in grade 2 for Dublin took 6fa bugger all and including a hat-trick.
That’s the 3rd hat trick of his career. Surely that is some sort of record or close too it? He is also only 23.
Last edited by Snags on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snags
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:44 pm
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 33 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 am

Reeree35 wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:What because eyre are really good they don’t want to play against them

Hate to break it to the women’s teams but every single season every single year there will be a ‘top’ side and a ‘bottom’ side

It’s not about top and bottom, it’s about the gulf that’s developed between the top and the rest, and sides being relegated to weekly happy hour for them.

Eyre Royals would play finals in the men’s LO4 Comp.


How many times a season do they play Eyre Royals!


The last previous seasons it’s been 3 times.

This year with the new fixture it’s once.

But they dominate a whole season by a country mile and it becomes a 1 team comp by their %%%


So there whinging about one game they have a season!!

Look at the men’s comps in pdca there is at least 30 teams who already are not winning in the flag
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21052
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1457 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby BenchedEagle » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:42 pm

Game goin ahead tmrw Royals Vs Units, I say just get stuck into it and try take the champs down!

Vic Bach will be very handy addition to the CULT, kept 40overs and batted for 22 overs for the LO1 B side saturday.
User avatar
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 27 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests