Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:36 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Redbacks all out 44 behind
NSW 1/33, now lead by 77
Sayers 9 wickets for the match, bowled Hughes for 12
Make that 10 fa for Sayers, he has 2/25
NSW 2/42, lead by 86.


Sayers picks up another 5 fa, need about 300 to win :roll:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43973
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1427 times
Been liked: 597 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Brodlach » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:37 pm

We will win 4 down
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35851
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 pm

All out 275
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42109
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2697 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:39 pm

10 wicket win coming up
the answer to 2020 is 1776
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 362 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Brodlach » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:48 pm

FFS!

1/0

Weatherald another duck
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35851
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:58 pm

Armchair expert wrote:10 wicket win coming up


:roll: :roll: :roll: dont think so

think mr. Weatherald can pack away his backers red cap
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43973
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1427 times
Been liked: 597 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:05 pm

locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:10 wicket win coming up


:roll: :roll: :roll: dont think so

think mr. Weatherald can pack away his backers red cap


Yep, cant argue with this LBW, plum.

(Do hate the way Hazelwood appeals though, does it for Australia too, just runs down the wicket and does not even turn and appeal to the umpire, basically intimidating the umpire to give it out).
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 229 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby n-redlegs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:42 pm

I see Jake Lehmann made a double ton yesterday, this continually happens with the states best players who are out of form with the Redbacks. More testament to the huge gap between our poor grade cricket setup and FC cricket.

Someone with balls must come in do something about the diluted standard of club cricket. So do we get rid of some teams or move towards a two division system.

13 teams in the top grade is too many for our small population.
How ya geeeen?
n-redlegs
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:04 pm
Location: reynella
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Armchair expert wrote:10 wicket win coming up

Ok... 9 wicket win
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1066 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby stampy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:30 pm

what shocking touch jake is in
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7595
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby stampy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:10 wicket win coming up


:roll: :roll: :roll: dont think so

think mr. Weatherald can pack away his backers red cap


Yep, cant argue with this LBW, plum.

(Do hate the way Hazelwood appeals though, does it for Australia too, just runs down the wicket and does not even turn and appeal to the umpire, basically intimidating the umpire to give it out).


you havent seen the idians appeal then?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7595
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: at church asking for divine intervention
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby heater31 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 pm

stampy wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:10 wicket win coming up


:roll: :roll: :roll: dont think so

think mr. Weatherald can pack away his backers red cap


Yep, cant argue with this LBW, plum.

(Do hate the way Hazelwood appeals though, does it for Australia too, just runs down the wicket and does not even turn and appeal to the umpire, basically intimidating the umpire to give it out).


you havent seen the idians appeal then?
Seen blokes in Grade Cricket get warnings for similar antics.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15765
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 472 times
Been liked: 1129 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm

WA 332
Queensland 1/167 at stumps
Burns 76
Street 55*
Khawaja 30*
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28848
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6608 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:48 am

n-redlegs wrote:I see Jake Lehmann made a double ton yesterday, this continually happens with the states best players who are out of form with the Redbacks. More testament to the huge gap between our poor grade cricket setup and FC cricket.

Someone with balls must come in do something about the diluted standard of club cricket. So do we get rid of some teams or move towards a two division system.

13 teams in the top grade is too many for our small population.


It's just not going to happen. The old clubs dig their heels in and won't budge, the rich clubs let their money do the talking.

Having Port Adelaide, Woodville and West Torrens so close at one end, Glenelg and Adelaide at the other and East Torrens and Tea Tree Gully in the North East just screams out mergers and strengthening of the comp.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48617
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5142 times
Been liked: 8090 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:06 am

SA 3/17 requiring a further 281 runs to win. Head 4no, Ferguson 1no.

Let's face it, if we are either going to win or save the game, these two need to bat the best part of 2 sessions.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12284
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2752 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am

The Bedge wrote:SA 3/17 requiring a further 281 runs to win. Head 4no, Ferguson 1no.

Let's face it, if we are either going to win or save the game, these two need to bat the best part of 2 sessions.


It makes you wonder if they actually looked at the forecast prior to the toss, it was hot Friday and it was common knowledge that we were getting rain late Friday and then it was going to hang about.

We were a one man band with the ball and then with the bat, Sayers would of been even greater value for the last half an hour of day 1 (probably when we would've been dismissed).

Yes we keep going back to the same old heads but at least we're trying other things on the journey though.

We've been mediocre for some time but hey, we did get a home final and appeared in another one amongst this run of mediocrity.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41265
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3049 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:26 am

Gee, the Nick Winter dismissal was ugly.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41265
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3049 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gee, the Nick Winter dismissal was ugly.

Why was he batting 4?
Rain will save us :)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42109
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2697 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:31 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gee, the Nick Winter dismissal was ugly.

Why was he batting 4?
Rain will save us :)

Went in at 3 as the nightwatchman.

Head out for 29 off 32, we're 4/47.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41265
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3049 times
Been liked: 5352 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:37 am

Head needs to learn to bat smart
WE ARE GEELONG!
User avatar
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 am
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests