2019/20 Australian International summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Trader » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Any chance of these blokes calling a no-ball?
Reckon there has been a dozen that I’ve seen this morning

I'd prefer a machine to call it like they do in tennis, I'd sooner see the umpire looking ahead the whole time.


I actually don't mind looking for no-balls when I umpire. Granted this is at a lower grade where it gives you plenty of time still to look up.
By looking down you get a good feel when the bowler goes wide on the crease, or comes in tight, etc.
Helps you understand what he is doing with it and how to come up with an excuse to give your mate batting not out! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby RB » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Lol
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Veteran
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 505 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Warner caught off a no-ball lol
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Any chance of these blokes calling a no-ball?
Reckon there has been a dozen that I’ve seen this morning

I'd prefer a machine to call it like they do in tennis, I'd sooner see the umpire looking ahead the whole time.


I actually don't mind looking for no-balls when I umpire. Granted this is at a lower grade where it gives you plenty of time still to look up.
By looking down you get a good feel when the bowler goes wide on the crease, or comes in tight, etc.
Helps you understand what he is doing with it and how to come up with an excuse to give your mate batting not out! haha

:lol:

We had a dude that would fire his team mates out if it looked like he wasn't gonna get a hit, simple solution was to open him, he wouldn't last long and accuse the opposition of cheating on his way off, he'd unpad and storm straight out there to take central for the rest of the innings and give absolutely nothing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Dull as dishwater.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 744 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Any chance of these blokes calling a no-ball?
Reckon there has been a dozen that I’ve seen this morning

I'd prefer a machine to call it like they do in tennis, I'd sooner see the umpire looking ahead the whole time.

One of the commentators on the ABC said "2 Metre" Peter George has developed technology that automatically picks up a no ball and alerts the third umpire. Bring it on.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:One of the commentators on the ABC said "2 Metre" Peter George has developed technology that automatically picks up a no ball and alerts the third umpire. Bring it on.

Yep, I seen it on a cricket show last year, I'm pretty sure it was a small device attached to the front shoe.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:46 pm

And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener

I reckon we'll take first innings points from here.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:One of the commentators on the ABC said "2 Metre" Peter George has developed technology that automatically picks up a no ball and alerts the third umpire. Bring it on.

Yep, I seen it on a cricket show last year, I'm pretty sure it was a small device attached to the front shoe.

Yep.
21 uncalled no-balls in the first two sessions. Something needs to be done
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener


My grandma could make runs on this deck
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener


My grandma could make runs on this deck


Correct weight, the flat track bully returns triumphant.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 744 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Grenville wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener


My grandma could make runs on this deck


Correct weight, the flat track bully returns triumphant.

Doesn’t that just mean he should be the first one picked when we play in Australia?
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Grenville wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener


My grandma could make runs on this deck


Correct weight, the flat track bully returns triumphant.

Doesn’t that just mean he should be the first one picked when we play in Australia?


Unfortunately yes.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 744 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener


Still a Wanker Cheating C**T
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 298 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Correct weight, the flat track bully returns triumphant.[/quote]
Doesn’t that just mean he should be the first one picked when we play in Australia?[/quote]

Unfortunately yes.[/quote]

That's more a reflection of the cowardice of Cricket Australia to produce sporting pitches. Whores to the dollar.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 744 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Lol, that hit the stumps and didn’t dislodge the bails.
Warner KOTD
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Grenville wrote:Correct weight, the flat track bully returns triumphant.

Doesn’t that just mean he should be the first one picked when we play in Australia?[/quote]

Unfortunately yes.[/quote]

That's more a reflection of the cowardice of Cricket Australia to produce sporting pitches. Whores to the dollar.[/quote]
.... and the Kookaburra ball isn't helping
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:44 pm

1/312, Warner and Labuschage cashing in and Pakistan are not even looking like getting another wicket, goes to show how bad they batted in the first innings.

Spewing for Burns, fell just short of consecutive test match centuries. That innings bumps his test match average up to 42.06, it was 40.10 before today.
Marcus Harris averages 24.06 and Cameron Bancroft 26.23.
Starc's 4 fa took him to 219 test wickets and above Clarrie Grimmett into 13th place on the most test match wickets for Australia list.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28110
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6404 times
Been liked: 945 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:1/312, Warner and Labuschage cashing in and Pakistan are not even looking like getting another wicket, goes to show how bad they batted in the first innings.

Spewing for Burns, fell just short of consecutive test match centuries. That innings bumps his test match average up to 42.06, it was 40.10 before today.
Marcus Harris averages 24.06 and Cameron Bancroft 26.23.
Starc's 4 fa took him to 219 test wickets and above Clarrie Grimmett into 13th place on the most test match wickets for Australia list.


I like Burns but do think his stats have been padded by innings against lesser attacks. I also think he has been treated a bit ordinarily at times by selectors to be given a chance to fully prove himself. HIs innings against Pakistan, even if on an easy pitch, far outweighed his against Sri Lanka inury-hit pitifully weak attack.

Harris was admirable last year against India given the circumstances and who he was opening with but unfortunately can't argue against his results in England.

Renshaw is still the one I think the selectors have fked around. Pretty good starts against SA and Pak, and then our best batsman in the tough environs of India, only to be forced into a bat-off leading into the Australian Ashes.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4548
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:12 am
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 112 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest