AFL 2020 Season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:02 am

Booney wrote:I bet Richmond would have liked to have know they weren't paying Rance $800k next year before the trade period.


Apparently the club knew he was thinking about it.
Maybe they did know?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8177
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1491 times
Been liked: 1536 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
MW wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Rance to retire?


Confirmed by Richmond. Strange call at 30 but good luck to him.

Don’t all the Jovo’s have to spend a year or two spreading the word or something?

Isn't that the Mormons?
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2319
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:51 am

Bloody hell, I guess they can replace him under the new rules now at least, but they will have some nice cap space at end of 2020.
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39109
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1994 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby David Brent » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 am

Feel a bit hollow after hearing about this earlier today. More the fact it doesn't seem right for him to be going out with just the one flag when we won two in his time at the club.

We we're a rabble when he started and he was one of the keys on and off field that started the resurgence towards the top.

If you can be the standout best player in your position for the decade across the competition then your an absolute star. That's what Rancey was, one of the best I've seen in my time at Tigerland.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
Reserves
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 pm
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am

As someone who follows a side with Buddy in it, i am happy with this news.... ;)


Great career and all the best in his off field endeavors, seems like a genuine person
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15936
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2756 times
Been liked: 2114 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:28 pm

David Brent wrote:Feel a bit hollow after hearing about this earlier today. More the fact it doesn't seem right for him to be going out with just the one flag when we won two in his time at the club.

We we're a rabble when he started and he was one of the keys on and off field that started the resurgence towards the top.

If you can be the standout best player in your position for the decade across the competition then your an absolute star. That's what Rancey was, one of the best I've seen in my time at Tigerland.

I'm not a tiger fan but I have the same sentiments, definitely made the game better and plenty of players would've learnt a lot from him, his ability to leave his opponent to make a contest elsewhere and win the ball was remarkable.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39184
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2735 times
Been liked: 4914 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
David Brent wrote:Feel a bit hollow after hearing about this earlier today. More the fact it doesn't seem right for him to be going out with just the one flag when we won two in his time at the club.

We we're a rabble when he started and he was one of the keys on and off field that started the resurgence towards the top.

If you can be the standout best player in your position for the decade across the competition then your an absolute star. That's what Rancey was, one of the best I've seen in my time at Tigerland.

I'm not a tiger fan but I have the same sentiments, definitely made the game better and plenty of players would've learnt a lot from him, his ability to leave his opponent to make a contest elsewhere and win the ball was remarkable.

A Richmond mate of mine on FB this morning......"meh, Dylan Grimes is better"..
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8852
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 2328 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Brendan Gale ( on Alex Rance ) "He's an all in leader, he's a 150% type of player".

He's a what now?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4608 times
Been liked: 7643 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:20 pm

OMG who will take the 4th best forward now?
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9265
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1764 times
Been liked: 1302 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am

daysofourlives wrote:OMG who will take the 4th best forward now?


Quality post. Better than average obviously but massively overhyped. Better than Scarlett Lethal? Please.

regards,

REB
We ARE the Danger!
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 26223
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 1396 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:OMG who will take the 4th best forward now?


Quality post. Better than average obviously but massively overhyped. Better than Scarlett Lethal? Please.

regards,

REB


Massively overhyped?

Oh, not in a Geelong guernsey. My bad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4608 times
Been liked: 7643 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 am

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:OMG who will take the 4th best forward now?


Quality post. Better than average obviously but massively overhyped. Better than Scarlett Lethal? Please.

regards,

REB


Massively overhyped?

Oh, not in a Geelong guernsey. My bad.

I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41046
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 2574 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am

Jim05 wrote:I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.


Comparing him to Scarlett isn't laughable, they play the same bloody position.

Is he as good as Scarlett? No, not many are. Is he as close as anyone in recent times? Absolutely he is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4608 times
Been liked: 7643 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:53 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.


Comparing him to Scarlett isn't laughable, they play the same bloody position.

Is he as good as Scarlett? No, not many are. Is he as close as anyone in recent times? Absolutely he is.

I meant what is laughable is guys like Matthews etc saying Rance is as good as Scarlett. No doubt he is next in line but the gulf is massive
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41046
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 2574 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:05 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.


Comparing him to Scarlett isn't laughable, they play the same bloody position.

Is he as good as Scarlett? No, not many are. Is he as close as anyone in recent times? Absolutely he is.

I meant what is laughable is guys like Matthews etc saying Rance is as good as Scarlett. No doubt he is next in line but the gulf is massive


Well that's all subjective, isn't it?

Where does McGovern sit?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4608 times
Been liked: 7643 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:10 am

Booney wrote:Where does McGovern sit?

I can’t recall a player recently who reads the play any better.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11417
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3170 times
Been liked: 3349 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.


Comparing him to Scarlett isn't laughable, they play the same bloody position.

Is he as good as Scarlett? No, not many are. Is he as close as anyone in recent times? Absolutely he is.

I meant what is laughable is guys like Matthews etc saying Rance is as good as Scarlett. No doubt he is next in line but the gulf is massive


Well that's all subjective, isn't it?

Where does McGovern sit?

I have McGovern about level with Rance currently but will go past him soon
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41046
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 2574 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:14 am

Rampe and Grundy are better than all of them 8)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15936
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2756 times
Been liked: 2114 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:18 am

Jim05 wrote:I have McGovern about level with Rance currently but will go past him soon


I don't, McGovern never plays on anyone, Rance does.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4608 times
Been liked: 7643 times

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:22 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I have McGovern about level with Rance currently but will go past him soon


I don't, McGovern never plays on anyone, Rance does.

Rance got towelled up by Josh Jenkins, end thread :)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41046
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 2574 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests