BBL 2019/20

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:43 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We gift blokes I’ve never heard of a cap, would never happen in our day mate.

*Cricket Nerd Alert

This sentiment is an interesting one and one I've read/heard a few times so I looked into it. Looking through the list of ODI caps (I'm assuming you are talking about ODI cricket when you say WSC) I had a count so hopefully my numbers are right.
Amount of players debuted per decade-
1980's- 48
1990's- 31 (No debutants between 1989 and 1992)
2000's- 42
2010's- 47

Players with less than 10 matches-
1980's- 11 (9 played less than 5)
1990's- 7 (4 played less than 5)
2000's- 14 (11 played less than 5)
2010's 19- (14 had less than 5)

Almost the same amount of players debuted in the 80's than in the 2010's with a difference of 8 players playing more than 10 ODI matches in the 80's. 2/3 players currently playing that have less than 5 matches probably will add to their tally in the future.
I think the sentiment of gifting guys caps these days isn't as true as it may appear.


Now they just hand the Test captaincy to anyone
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9273
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1769 times
Been liked: 1305 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We gift blokes I’ve never heard of a cap, would never happen in our day mate.

*Cricket Nerd Alert

This sentiment is an interesting one and one I've read/heard a few times so I looked into it. Looking through the list of ODI caps (I'm assuming you are talking about ODI cricket when you say WSC) I had a count so hopefully my numbers are right.
Amount of players debuted per decade-
1980's- 48
1990's- 31 (No debutants between 1989 and 1992)
2000's- 42
2010's- 47

Players with less than 10 matches-
1980's- 11 (9 played less than 5)
1990's- 7 (4 played less than 5)
2000's- 14 (11 played less than 5)
2010's 19- (14 had less than 5)

Almost the same amount of players debuted in the 80's than in the 2010's with a difference of 8 players playing more than 10 ODI matches in the 80's. 2/3 players currently playing that have less than 5 matches probably will add to their tally in the future.
I think the sentiment of gifting guys caps these days isn't as true as it may appear.

Fair bit of research there young fella, the 80’s seen WSC in its infancy along with the Rebel tour but still them numbers are big, plus we weren’t very good, most of the 80’s and early 90’s seen us generally send 16 man squads where most played both formats, probably why the numbers were lower in the 90’s.
Very interesting numbers though considering our dominance between the mid 90’s and 00’s.

Would also be interesting to see the number of games played by the team during that period.
15 new players in 20 games is totally different to 15 in 50 games.

I suspect the number of ODI games peaked in the 90s and therefore further highlights how stable the team was during that period.

I looked into this Trader.
ODI matches played per decade by Australia in the last four decades (By my count so hopefully I have the numbers right.-
2010's- 216
2000's- 282
1990's- 214
1980s- 179
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28134
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6416 times
Been liked: 948 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:34 am

I'm surprised people are still bothering to criticise the Big Bash

We still have the exact same number of test matches and Shield games in an Australian season as we've always had. We're not missing out on anything

The BBL is an add on. Games on tv each night during the shitty summer tv period. If it's not your thing then just do whatever you did before it existed.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1028 times
Been liked: 165 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:47 am

Tony Clifton wrote:I'm surprised people are still bothering to criticise the Big Bash

We still have the exact same number of test matches and Shield games in an Australian season as we've always had. We're not missing out on anything

The BBL is an add on. Games on tv each night during the shitty summer tv period. If it's not your thing then just do whatever you did before it existed.

What a pile of shit Clifton!

Are people saying it shouldn't exist? No.
Are people saying they're forced to watch it? No
Does it have benefits? Yes
Does it have a role in Australian Cricket? Yes
Can it be improved? Yes
Do people criticise every other sport and format on this site? Yes.

Geez Louise, maybe we should all just become happy clappers and not talk/comment/post about anything at all on this site.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11187
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2584 times
Been liked: 2689 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Corona Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:21 am

The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:I'm surprised people are still bothering to criticise the Big Bash

We still have the exact same number of test matches and Shield games in an Australian season as we've always had. We're not missing out on anything

The BBL is an add on. Games on tv each night during the shitty summer tv period. If it's not your thing then just do whatever you did before it existed.

What a pile of shit Clifton!

Are people saying it shouldn't exist? No.
Are people saying they're forced to watch it? No
Does it have benefits? Yes
Does it have a role in Australian Cricket? Yes
Can it be improved? Yes
Do people criticise every other sport and format on this site? Yes.

Geez Louise, maybe we should all just become happy clappers and not talk/comment/post about anything at all on this site.


If you can arrange that, that would be great. Cheers
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 2331 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:26 am

I'm not wrap for T20 ( you blokes may have guessed ) but it is at least something on the box to watch, having said that anymore than 15 minutes of it and I'm done with the "sportainment".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46521
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4613 times
Been liked: 7645 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:I'm not wrap for T20 ( you blokes may have guessed ) but it is at least something on the box to watch, having said that anymore than 15 minutes of it and I'm done with the "sportainment".


Yellow caps and timeouts. **** off what a joke. And the pop up fans are crying 'gimmickry'. LMAO. Watch the Darts mate it is classic.

regards,

REB
We ARE the Danger!
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 26223
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 1396 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Big call before tournament starts for Strikers, but I feel Salt may be dud recruit, was not that impressed with him couple of years ago when playing Grade Cricket at Uni, so has obviously improved a bit since then, but gut feel says he will struggle.

Think Cam White might be handy though, see what happens!
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 186 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Big call before tournament starts for Strikers, but I feel Salt may be dud recruit, was not that impressed with him couple of years ago when playing Grade Cricket at Uni, so has obviously improved a bit since then, but gut feel says he will struggle.

Think Cam White might be handy though, see what happens!

Agree on Salt, not so much on White.
Bottom two.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2741 times
Been liked: 4932 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Looks like no one at the game in Alice today.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9273
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1769 times
Been liked: 1305 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Qais Ahmed destroying the Sixers
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:I'm surprised people are still bothering to criticise the Big Bash

We still have the exact same number of test matches and Shield games in an Australian season as we've always had. We're not missing out on anything

The BBL is an add on. Games on tv each night during the shitty summer tv period. If it's not your thing then just do whatever you did before it existed.

What a pile of shit Clifton!

Are people saying it shouldn't exist? No.
Are people saying they're forced to watch it? No
Does it have benefits? Yes
Does it have a role in Australian Cricket? Yes
Can it be improved? Yes
Do people criticise every other sport and format on this site? Yes.

Geez Louise, maybe we should all just become happy clappers and not talk/comment/post about anything at all on this site.

Do people who don't like it watch it regularly and then complain about it on here for 10 consecutive years? Yes
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1028 times
Been liked: 165 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Qais Ahmed destroying the Sixers
His delivery to Tom Curran was an absolute seed!
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28134
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6416 times
Been liked: 948 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Big call before tournament starts for Strikers, but I feel Salt may be dud recruit, was not that impressed with him couple of years ago when playing Grade Cricket at Uni, so has obviously improved a bit since then, but gut feel says he will struggle.

Think Cam White might be handy though, see what happens!


5 ball duck opening the batting
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:48 pm

2/8 after 10 balls :D
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42506
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1248 times
Been liked: 563 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Lynn destroying shit bowling
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Lynn destroying shit bowling


That's what he does!!

Decent bowlers know how to tie him up and frustrate him.'

Having said that, wanted him to break the record fastest century, was good to watch.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 186 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Looks like no one at the game in Alice today.

Unconfirmed reports the NT Government forked out $900 K to put that game on. :shock:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14730
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 895 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:45 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Lynn destroying shit bowling


That's what he does!!

Decent bowlers know how to tie him up and frustrate him.'

Having said that, wanted him to break the record fastest century, was good to watch.

I enjoyed watching the onslaught but I didn’t want the record to go to him, just don’t really like him anymore.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2741 times
Been liked: 4932 times

Re: BBL 2019/20

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:46 am

am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Looks like no one at the game in Alice today.

Unconfirmed reports the NT Government forked out $900 K to put that game on. :shock:

At least we didn’t have to there this time.
Why on earth would it cost $900K?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2741 times
Been liked: 4932 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests