PDCA 2016 - 2017

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm

SA Footy Grade 2 Medal
LEADERBOARD after Round 6
10 - J Hibbett (NP)
08 - N Crossley (C)
07 - A Smith (OTH)
06 - A Hewitt (C), C D'Antonio (ATCO)
05 - B D'Antonio (ATCO), C McQueen (ER), J Mason (D), J Hanisch (OTH)

With Crossley gone from Craigmore now, you'd think it's Hibbett's to lose.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10901
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2546 times
Been liked: 2619 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 am

The Bedge wrote:SA Footy Grade 2 Medal
LEADERBOARD after Round 6
10 - J Hibbett (NP)
08 - N Crossley (C)
07 - A Smith (OTH)
06 - A Hewitt (C), C D'Antonio (ATCO)
05 - B D'Antonio (ATCO), C McQueen (ER), J Mason (D), J Hanisch (OTH)

With Crossley gone from Craigmore now, you'd think it's Hibbett's to lose.


Where Crossley gone to?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20237
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3078 times
Been liked: 1319 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am

Moved away to Sydney for work - last game was when he smashed his 100 against us and carried Craigmore to victory after being 5/50 :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10901
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2546 times
Been liked: 2619 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby the joker » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Redbacks got 7/441. And the time team out at 35 overs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
User avatar
the joker
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:42 pm

I just want to give a shout out to the Dublin B Grade crew.

They're a ripping bunch of blokes, and played the game in the right spirit. They put on a top-notch barbie after stumps, and invited us all to partake, and even offered to put on a barbie at our next trip up there.

We can't wait.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19577
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 3041 times
Been liked: 565 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:46 am

Failed Creation wrote:I just want to give a shout out to the Dublin B Grade crew.

They're a ripping bunch of blokes, and played the game in the right spirit. They put on a top-notch barbie after stumps, and invited us all to partake, and even offered to put on a barbie at our next trip up there.

We can't wait.

Top little hidden gem there hey FC? I haven’t played there myself but ventured out there a few times and enjoyed their hospitality.

Congrats on your clubs first Grade 1 win, I thought it might come against the enigmatic Eastern Park.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38715
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2683 times
Been liked: 4807 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I just want to give a shout out to the Dublin B Grade crew.

They're a ripping bunch of blokes, and played the game in the right spirit. They put on a top-notch barbie after stumps, and invited us all to partake, and even offered to put on a barbie at our next trip up there.

We can't wait.

Top little hidden gem there hey FC? I haven’t played there myself but ventured out there a few times and enjoyed their hospitality.

Congrats on your clubs first Grade 1 win, I thought it might come against the enigmatic Eastern Park.


And only 25 minutes from home too... They're a top bunch.

Yeah, as much as I rate yesterday's Grade 1 win, I didn't think 167 was anywhere near enough to win against Eastern Park. But hopefully now that the monkey's off the back, we can eke out a few more before the season is through.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19577
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 3041 times
Been liked: 565 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby the joker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Div 1 going to be a 5 team comp?
Westies folding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
User avatar
the joker
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby auto » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Sounds legit.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
User avatar
auto
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 am
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby the joker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Yeah I heard today and wasn’t sure. The more people I talk to. The more I hear they are gone. The debt has crippled them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
User avatar
the joker
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 pm

the joker wrote:Yeah I heard today and wasn’t sure. The more people I talk to. The more I hear they are gone. The debt has crippled them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The club as a whole or just the cricket?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38715
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2683 times
Been liked: 4807 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby the joker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:13 pm

I heard the club as a whole


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
User avatar
the joker
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby auto » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 pm

You might be on the ball
Last edited by auto on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
auto
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 am
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Not sure the exact set up but dont all the sporting clubs operate seperately
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20237
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3078 times
Been liked: 1319 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 am

I'm sure they'll be fine, the sporting club just need to be more finance savvy moving forward and find a way to reduce the debt. Cricket will continue (at least this season), and let's be serious cricket is reasonably easy and affordable to operate if done correctly, so cant see cricket folding.

Those who are on the sporting club board perhaps need to be held to account though, it was always going to be a struggle losing senior football over the winter - they needed to tighten the purse strings and operate smarter - opening most days of the week and paying staff to be working those days is just dumb. You're never going to get the recurring patronage to make it sustainable.

Sell the pokies, reduce the sporting club opening hours significantly, perhaps even see if you can remove your FTE staff and get volunteers to work the bar whilst open, get your members to support the club more and that debt wont take long to disappear.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10901
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2546 times
Been liked: 2619 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:30 am

whufc wrote:Not sure the exact set up but dont all the sporting clubs operate seperately

They may have different sub-committee's but they all fall under the one umbrella.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38715
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2683 times
Been liked: 4807 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Not sure the exact set up but dont all the sporting clubs operate seperately

They may have different sub-committee's but they all fall under the one umbrella.


Ok so thats how the 'sporting clubs' set up is done. Ive never been involved with a club with that set up.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20237
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3078 times
Been liked: 1319 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 pm

whufc wrote:
Ok so thats how the 'sporting clubs' set up is done. Ive never been involved with a club with that set up.

It's organised chaos.

When I ran one we had our "Sports and Social Executive Committee" which was made up of:
President
Chairman
Treasurer
Secretary
3 General committee members
Senior Football Delegate*
Junior Football Delegate*
Cricket Delegate*
Netball Delegate*
Darts Delegate
Tennis Delegate
8 Ball Delegate

All of the ones with * had their own sub-committee's and had all departments had to be financially viable but all money went into the one account.

Each AGM there was a financial report that had to be pre-audited and be available for all members, it would highlight which sports ran at a loss or not, generally senior footy would but given that the patronage over the bar would've been 80% senior football related it evened itself out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38715
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2683 times
Been liked: 4807 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:I'm sure they'll be fine, the sporting club just need to be more finance savvy moving forward and find a way to reduce the debt. Cricket will continue (at least this season), and let's be serious cricket is reasonably easy and affordable to operate if done correctly, so cant see cricket folding.

Those who are on the sporting club board perhaps need to be held to account though, it was always going to be a struggle losing senior football over the winter - they needed to tighten the purse strings and operate smarter - opening most days of the week and paying staff to be working those days is just dumb. You're never going to get the recurring patronage to make it sustainable.

Sell the pokies, reduce the sporting club opening hours significantly, perhaps even see if you can remove your FTE staff and get volunteers to work the bar whilst open, get your members to support the club more and that debt wont take long to disappear.


Yep, many contributing factors, they have paid staff for as long as I have remembered, hence their inflated drinks prices which leads to players generally having a few on the hill after games, I always went in for one or two but I'd have a few with the players that didn't go in first straight after the game.

At the end of the day I'm sure cricket will see the season out and the council allow them to use the oval, the cricket club is so strong that they would find a way to continue as their own identity, cricket doesn't cost the earth to run and they have some great people out there to make it work regardless of having access to the clubrooms

But hey, it's just heresay at the moment.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 38715
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2683 times
Been liked: 4807 times

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'm sure they'll be fine, the sporting club just need to be more finance savvy moving forward and find a way to reduce the debt. Cricket will continue (at least this season), and let's be serious cricket is reasonably easy and affordable to operate if done correctly, so cant see cricket folding.

Those who are on the sporting club board perhaps need to be held to account though, it was always going to be a struggle losing senior football over the winter - they needed to tighten the purse strings and operate smarter - opening most days of the week and paying staff to be working those days is just dumb. You're never going to get the recurring patronage to make it sustainable.

Sell the pokies, reduce the sporting club opening hours significantly, perhaps even see if you can remove your FTE staff and get volunteers to work the bar whilst open, get your members to support the club more and that debt wont take long to disappear.


Yep, many contributing factors, they have paid staff for as long as I have remembered, hence their inflated drinks prices which leads to players generally having a few on the hill after games, I always went in for one or two but I'd have a few with the players that didn't go in first straight after the game.

At the end of the day I'm sure cricket will see the season out and the council allow them to use the oval, the cricket club is so strong that they would find a way to continue as their own identity, cricket doesn't cost the earth to run and they have some great people out there to make it work regardless of having access to the clubrooms

But hey, it's just heresay at the moment.


Genuine question as i dont know the answer. f the cricket survived and wanted to go on it's own because the other sports folded would all the debt that according to the rumor exists fall on the cricket club. Is there a way they would only have to pay 'their' portion of the debt.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20237
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3078 times
Been liked: 1319 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests