Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Could Marnus open?


Open what?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8399
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1534 times
Been liked: 1587 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:38 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Could Marnus open?


Open what?

Steve smith should open if hes going to bat like he did in the 1st innings
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9411
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1820 times
Been liked: 1341 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:27 pm

I know it's still a few weeks away from resuming but I wonder what the SACA's have intended for the rest of the Shield season. Clearly we are not good enough to make the GF so do we perhaps start blooding some youngsters to see how they go? (Liam Scott has had an opportunity already so are there others worthwhile?). Otherwise do they keep picking the same blokes who keep giving us the same results?
Minimum Chips
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby locky801 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:I know it's still a few weeks away from resuming but I wonder what the SACA's have intended for the rest of the Shield season. Clearly we are not good enough to make the GF so do we perhaps start blooding some youngsters to see how they go? (Liam Scott has had an opportunity already so are there others worthwhile?). Otherwise do they keep picking the same blokes who keep giving us the same results?


I think we have this same discussion every season :D
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42837
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1265 times
Been liked: 567 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:40 pm

locky801 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:I know it's still a few weeks away from resuming but I wonder what the SACA's have intended for the rest of the Shield season. Clearly we are not good enough to make the GF so do we perhaps start blooding some youngsters to see how they go? (Liam Scott has had an opportunity already so are there others worthwhile?). Otherwise do they keep picking the same blokes who keep giving us the same results?


I think we have this same discussion every season :D

I think the answer is obvious to everyone except the HP team at SACA
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9411
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1820 times
Been liked: 1341 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:I know it's still a few weeks away from resuming but I wonder what the SACA's have intended for the rest of the Shield season. Clearly we are not good enough to make the GF so do we perhaps start blooding some youngsters to see how they go? (Liam Scott has had an opportunity already so are there others worthwhile?). Otherwise do they keep picking the same blokes who keep giving us the same results?


I think we have this same discussion every season :D

I think the answer is obvious to everyone except the HP team at SACA

I wonder how they're judged?

Are a few token late season wins important for the coaches and surrounding staff to keep their jobs? Or are they free to experiment with some new players to develop our list/team?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Looks like Siddons going to try and stick it out, does not want to lose his $300k a year job. With a contract for next year, now needs his best mate Nielsen to sack him, cant see that happening!

What s the team line up for this Friday:

Weatherald
Hunt
Ferguson
Head
Cooper
Bosisto
Nielsen
Mennie
Sayers
Winter
Agar

Would mean Worrall misses out as 5 quicks, and Andrews unlikely with the Dukes ball now.

Win and potentially move close to 2nd unbelievably!
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Looks like Siddons going to try and stick it out, does not want to lose his $300k a year job. With a contract for next year, now needs his best mate Nielsen to sack him, cant see that happening!

What s the team line up for this Friday:

Weatherald
Hunt
Ferguson
Head
Cooper
Bosisto
Nielsen
Mennie
Sayers
Winter
Agar

Would mean Worrall misses out as 5 quicks, and Andrews unlikely with the Dukes ball now.

Win and potentially move close to 2nd unbelievably!

If they happen to lose, it would be very interesting to see what selection policy they go with for the remainder of the season? Keep the same blokes as always or start blooding some youngsters?
Also, I can't see they have any choice with Siddons financially - they would have to pay him out if sacked, or he would be on Workcover if on leave again?
Minimum Chips
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Looks like Siddons going to try and stick it out, does not want to lose his $300k a year job. With a contract for next year, now needs his best mate Nielsen to sack him, cant see that happening!

What s the team line up for this Friday:

Weatherald
Hunt
Ferguson
Head
Cooper
Bosisto
Nielsen
Mennie
Sayers
Winter
Agar

Would mean Worrall misses out as 5 quicks, and Andrews unlikely with the Dukes ball now.

Win and potentially move close to 2nd unbelievably!

If they happen to lose, it would be very interesting to see what selection policy they go with for the remainder of the season? Keep the same blokes as always or start blooding some youngsters?
Also, I can't see they have any choice with Siddons financially - they would have to pay him out if sacked, or he would be on Workcover if on leave again?


They blooded some young ones in last game with Blewett and won our first game in years. Unfortunately Siddons sticks with his senior players way too much and hates change, so looks like going back to the normal team for now.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm

I’d play WORRALL before Mennie
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I’d play WORRALL before Mennie


Yes, I tend to agree with you, think it may be Worrall. Would swing the Dukes ball a mile! My only worry was him constantly breaking down and just finished up his Big Bash 4 over stints on the weekend, Mennie been preparing for couple of weeks now.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:59 pm

Rumours of Renshaw being pursued by the Strikers, as he is only 23 Id be in favour of getting him down here to be part of the Redbacks squad, our batting needs a new face desperately IMO
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39444
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1252 times
Been liked: 2077 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Rumours of Renshaw being pursued by the Strikers, as he is only 23 Id be in favour of getting him down here to be part of the Redbacks squad, our batting needs a new face desperately IMO


Like it a lot, great call. Have not really targeted any decent players from interstate, last one was probably Phil Hughes. Would be excellent get.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:27 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Rumours of Renshaw being pursued by the Strikers, as he is only 23 Id be in favour of getting him down here to be part of the Redbacks squad, our batting needs a new face desperately IMO


Like it a lot, great call. Have not really targeted any decent players from interstate, last one was probably Phil Hughes. Would be excellent get.
Has been dropped from the Queensland Shield side....
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 1111 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Rumours of Renshaw being pursued by the Strikers, as he is only 23 Id be in favour of getting him down here to be part of the Redbacks squad, our batting needs a new face desperately IMO


Like it a lot, great call. Have not really targeted any decent players from interstate, last one was probably Phil Hughes. Would be excellent get.
Has been dropped from the Queensland Shield side....


Exactly why he would be ripe for the pickings and pi55ed off enough for a change in scenery. Worked wonders for Phil Hughes. Still think in the next year or two he is the best option Australia have to open the batting. Should have contacted his Manager this afternoon!
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:56 am

Spot on, still young and probably needs a change of scenery and a new challenge, Im certain he will play more test cricket in the future.
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39444
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1252 times
Been liked: 2077 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:26 am

I'm all for promoting locals 95% of the time but this would be one of those 5% times

Would be a great result for us and for Australian cricket
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Looks like Siddons going to try and stick it out, does not want to lose his $300k a year job. With a contract for next year, now needs his best mate Nielsen to sack him, cant see that happening!

What s the team line up for this Friday:

Weatherald
Hunt
Ferguson
Head
Cooper
Bosisto
Nielsen
Mennie
Sayers
Winter
Agar

Would mean Worrall misses out as 5 quicks, and Andrews unlikely with the Dukes ball now.

Win and potentially move close to 2nd unbelievably!


Have named this 11 plus Worrall as predicted. Just which one of the five pace bowlers is 12th man now.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 191 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Honestly it's been so long since the last shield game, I really have zero interest in the season resuming.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11389
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2621 times
Been liked: 2770 times

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 am

Renshaw told to take some time off by QLD and has now pulled out of this weekends Cricket XI Game v the English Lions in Hobart
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41215
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2608 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest