2019/20 Australian International summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:Trav Head & Alex Carey both on the same flight this arvo as me over to Melb. Assume they are heading over for the AB medal tomorrow evening. Then again Wes Agar is on board.... can’t think why he would be going, unless he’s waiting tables?


Agar nominated for Young Cricketer of Year, Will Pucovski will win that though would assume.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Trav Head & Alex Carey both on the same flight this arvo as me over to Melb. Assume they are heading over for the AB medal tomorrow evening. Then again Wes Agar is on board.... can’t think why he would be going, unless he’s waiting tables?


Agar nominated for Young Cricketer of Year, Will Pucovski will win that though would assume.

Young? What is the age limit there?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Trav Head & Alex Carey both on the same flight this arvo as me over to Melb. Assume they are heading over for the AB medal tomorrow evening. Then again Wes Agar is on board.... can’t think why he would be going, unless he’s waiting tables?


Agar nominated for Young Cricketer of Year, Will Pucovski will win that though would assume.

Young? What is the age limit there?


Under 23 I think. Wes was 23 last week, the other two (Pucovski and Caleb Jewell are 22).
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Agar wins Young Cricketer of The Year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33693
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2335 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Dave Warner named the AB Medalist. I'm aware of his numbers this summer and in the World Cup but I just can't help but think Pat Cummins has been robbed.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28110
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6404 times
Been liked: 945 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Onya Davey, that should silence some of the haters
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40970
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Dave Warner named the AB Medalist. I'm aware of his numbers this summer and in the World Cup but I just can't help but think Pat Cummins has been robbed.


would be an understatement

Warner flat tracks against garbage attacks and he is our best cricketer, **** off.
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Dave Warner named the AB Medalist. I'm aware of his numbers this summer and in the World Cup but I just can't help but think Pat Cummins has been robbed.


would be an understatement

Warner flat tracks against garbage attacks and he is our best cricketer, **** off.

Across all 3 formats he was.
People forget how good his WC was
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40970
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Shots fired straight away by England cricket as Warner is named the AB Medalist. Go and have a look at their latest Instagram post!
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28110
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6404 times
Been liked: 945 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:56 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Shots fired straight away by England cricket as Warner is named the AB Medalist. Go and have a look at their latest Instagram post!



:lol: :lol:
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Corona Man » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:49 am

Brodlach wrote:Agar wins Young Cricketer of The Year

Umm yeah, egg on my face.... again.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8795
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2324 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Corona Man » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:51 am

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Dave Warner named the AB Medalist. I'm aware of his numbers this summer and in the World Cup but I just can't help but think Pat Cummins has been robbed.


would be an understatement

Warner flat tracks against garbage attacks and he is our best cricketer, **** off.

Across all 3 formats he was.
People forget how good his WC was

I remember how bad his Ashes series was. If only they got Broad to present him with the award.... from around the podium!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8795
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2324 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am

Jim05 wrote:Onya Davey, that should silence some of the haters

No it wont.

He's probably fortunate that he plays all 3 formats enabling him to have more opportunities to poll, he gets to open the bat so he's always guaranteed an opportunity to poll also.

Congratulations to him, he obviously done enough to win the award and I think he's improved as a person since sandpapergate, I still don't rat him highly ethically but I admire his talent and the way he's trying to better himself since hitting a low point in his life.

FWIW, I don't think we'll ever see Bancroft in a baggy green ever again, I reckon the whole saga has ruined him, he may aswell work on his short game and tour the world.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:17 am

Jim05 wrote:Across all 3 formats he was.
People forget how good his WC was

I think everyone remembers the Ashes failure more and no one cares about the World Cup.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Across all 3 formats he was.
People forget how good his WC was

I think everyone remembers the Ashes failure more and no one cares about the World Cup.

I remember him for being a cheating dog. The quicker he **** off the better.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:10 am

Bum Crack wrote:I remember him for being a cheating dog. The quicker he **** off the better.

Out of interest BC, what's your thoughts on Smith and Bancroft?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 am

Have no issue with Dave Warner winning the medal, he served his time as he should have and has come back....thats fine.

I think the award is slightly broken when you can be the worst performing cricketer in our years biggest series but still take out the major award but is no biggie.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20538
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3190 times
Been liked: 1362 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I remember him for being a cheating dog. The quicker he **** off the better.

Out of interest BC, what's your thoughts on Smith and Bancroft?

I think Warner took advantage of Bancroft and although stupid on his part, he should never have put him in that position. He then intimidated his captain into it as well. He's a dead set **** if you ask me, as the mastermind, he should have been given the arse permanently. He's ruined Bancroft's career by the looks and tarnished one the of the world's best batsman for the remainder of his career. If it wasn't for Warner, none of this would have happened.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby RB » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 am

Not sure if Bancroft was going to have much of a test career anyway.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Veteran
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 505 times

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 am

RB wrote:Not sure if Bancroft was going to have much of a test career anyway.

We'll probably never know.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 530 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests