AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:14 pm

MW wrote:Maybe as an idea for the future, the all stars guernseys could have each player tailored to have the state or origin logo on it somewhere. Just a thought and might make it more inviting for more players. Can keep it predominately white but have the SA, or WA, or TAS etc logo somewhere on the front chest area.

Yep agree, wouldn’t be that difficult
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33649
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2335 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 am

valleys07 wrote:From what I saw last Friday night - Todd has definitely added some size, and his aerobic capacity has gotten better. Was involved in quite a few scoring chains as that high half forward link up - a role that suits him as he is deceptively quick and has great foot skills for a big guy.


If he plays that role who are the tall forwards he looks for?
Ryder is gone.
Westhoff not getting any younger and is not really a key forward.
Watts was playing down back before getting injured.
Howard is gone.
Dixon and?

Can’t keep relying on Robbie.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8089
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1484 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 am

amber_fluid wrote:
valleys07 wrote:From what I saw last Friday night - Todd has definitely added some size, and his aerobic capacity has gotten better. Was involved in quite a few scoring chains as that high half forward link up - a role that suits him as he is deceptively quick and has great foot skills for a big guy.


If he plays that role who are the tall forwards he looks for?
Ryder is gone.
Westhoff not getting any younger and is not really a key forward.
Watts was playing down back before getting injured.
Howard is gone.
Dixon and?

Can’t keep relying on Robbie.


I suspect we'll play two rucks so Ladhams or Lycett will be the other target, Georgiades may be a bolter, Ebert will play as a mid sized forward.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46343
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4575 times
Been liked: 7609 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:Maybe as an idea for the future, the all stars guernseys could have each player tailored to have the state or origin logo on it somewhere. Just a thought and might make it more inviting for more players. Can keep it predominately white but have the SA, or WA, or TAS etc logo somewhere on the front chest area.

Yep agree, wouldn’t be that difficult


Image

A guy on bigfooty created this, looks great imo
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby MW » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:51 am

Exactly what I was thinking
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9760
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1463 times
Been liked: 1177 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 am

Looks good in theory, not sure how it would look in practice.

The other thing is, like the Barbarians in rugby do, the Allies could wear their state shorts and socks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46343
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4575 times
Been liked: 7609 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:20 am

Armchair expert wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:Maybe as an idea for the future, the all stars guernseys could have each player tailored to have the state or origin logo on it somewhere. Just a thought and might make it more inviting for more players. Can keep it predominately white but have the SA, or WA, or TAS etc logo somewhere on the front chest area.

Yep agree, wouldn’t be that difficult


Image

A guy on bigfooty created this, looks great imo


On the back would be more logical, perhaps a map of Australia on the front.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 am

What got me, in the announcement picture of all the players they listed their club not their state :roll:
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39035
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1976 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Will tomorrow night be :

A) Fair dinkum with the best of the best having a real crack

B) Like the EJ Whitten match but with fit blokes instead of fat ones

C) Somewhere in the middle

Will you be watching :

A) Unlikely

B) It's Friday night footy, probably

C) For sure
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46343
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4575 times
Been liked: 7609 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby mots02 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Booney wrote:Will tomorrow night be :

A) Fair dinkum with the best of the best having a real crack

B) Like the EJ Whitten match but with fit blokes instead of fat ones

C) Somewhere in the middle

Will you be watching :

A) Unlikely

B) It's Friday night footy, probably

C) For sure


B and A for me.
User avatar
mots02
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 407 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:29 pm

B & B.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8793
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2324 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby LMA » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Corona Man wrote:B & B.


X 2
User avatar
LMA
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 582 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:41 pm

LMA wrote:
Corona Man wrote:B & B.


X 2


Any women’s footy on?
I’d almost prefer to watch that.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8089
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1484 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:16 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:
Corona Man wrote:B & B.


X 2


Any women’s footy on?
I’d almost prefer to watch that.

Women’s T/20...... urrrrgggghhhh
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8793
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2324 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 pm

LMA wrote:
Corona Man wrote:B & B.


X 2


Couple of good judges here ^
x 3
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11382
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3154 times
Been liked: 3341 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:25 am

B & A
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47137
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8295 times
Been liked: 2235 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby beef » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:46 am

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:Will tomorrow night be :

A) Fair dinkum with the best of the best having a real crack

B) Like the EJ Whitten match but with fit blokes instead of fat ones

C) Somewhere in the middle

Will you be watching :

A) Unlikely

B) It's Friday night footy, probably

C) For sure


B and A for me.

Only chance of it being a "real" game is in the last quarter if its close and blokes want to compete. If they manufacture a draw that would be the worst possible result
Having said that C & B (while looking at my phone)
Last edited by beef on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:52 am

C

Will be identical to NBA All Star games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20524
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3184 times
Been liked: 1360 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:20 am

Booney wrote:Will tomorrow night be :

A) Fair dinkum with the best of the best having a real crack

B) Like the EJ Whitten match but with fit blokes instead of fat ones

C) Somewhere in the middle

Will you be watching :

A) Unlikely

B) It's Friday night footy, probably

C) For sure


B and D.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:22 am

beef wrote:Only chance of it being a "real" game is in the last quarter if its close and blokes want to compete. If they manufacture a draw that would be the worst possible result
Having said that C & B (while looking at my phone)

There will be minimal tackling, it will be like watching corridor footy, a goal fest.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests