Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:10 am

Smashed Crab wrote:My wife and I have been in the process of adopting a child for the last 4 years from Korea. It's a crazy long process, but long story short we finally got our final court date in Seoul last month to get Judge approval to take custody of our 16 month old boy. We had to come home whilst we waited for the court to process it. Meanwhile everything started to escalate over the last 2 weeks. We got our final approval though last week, and booked the first available flight to get here. Just took custody of him today. Now we're waiting for the Aus Embassy to process his Aus emergency passport so we can fly home. Trying to find a flight that gets home is getting thinner and thinner by the day. Already a very stressful process, but this COVID-19 has turned the world into panic stations. Tell you what though, the Korean's have been so bloody good at reducing impact so quickly. Streets, subways, public places etc have so many less people tank 4 weeks ago when we were first here.

When we do find a way home, we have to self isolate for 14 days, but we we're going to be 'cocooning' our boy trying to form a bond asap so not all bad. Might have to call on the SAfooty community to deliver some beer over our back fence :D

PS, the boy is going well so far. Eaten, bathed and in bed. Only woke up after 30 mins with a few tears but settled again in 10 minutes.


Bravo to you and Mrs Crab, that little tacker is going to be loved and cared for by a couple of super people by my reckoning. Well played.

If you need anything mate you shout out, I'm sure someone on here would be more than happy to help someone as selfless as yourself out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46343
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4575 times
Been liked: 7609 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 am

Corona Man wrote:Has anyone else seen the video doing the rounds of a couple of Asian guys (I assume they are Chinese) eating mice.... not just any mice either, these are live mice.... it’s pretty ****** up!

Don’t knock it till you try it 8) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:39 am

Is everybody working from home today?
Just drove through the city in peak hour to work and there were bugger all cars on the roads compared to normal.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8089
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1484 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:39 am

The Bedge wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Has anyone else seen the video doing the rounds of a couple of Asian guys (I assume they are Chinese) eating mice.... not just any mice either, these are live mice.... it’s pretty ****** up!

Don’t knock it till you try it 8) :lol:


Nothing better than fried mice and chips!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8089
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1484 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:55 am

amber_fluid wrote:Is everybody working from home today?
Just drove through the city in peak hour to work and there were bugger all cars on the roads compared to normal.

I just got into office and mentioned to my boss it seems incredibly dead at the moment - in the CBD walking along to the building, and on my floor most lights are off and would probably only have 20-30 people on my floor at the moment (out of around 100).
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:56 am

Curious though, how long until people say enough is enough around this quarantine stuff - one person gets sick, and the whole organisation around them must shut down and self isolate.

Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 am

amber_fluid wrote:Is everybody working from home today?
Just drove through the city in peak hour to work and there were bugger all cars on the roads compared to normal.

Just dropped my lad at school and said to the wife that the roads were eerily quiet
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33649
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2335 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:19 am

It's quiet because they're all lining up at Coles.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 46343
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4575 times
Been liked: 7609 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 am

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Is everybody working from home today?
Just drove through the city in peak hour to work and there were bugger all cars on the roads compared to normal.

Just dropped my lad at school and said to the wife that the roads were eerily quiet


Wish South Rd was the same, was crazy there this morning. I'm only on South Rd from Regency through to Brickworks & turn off there, but the lineup to Brickworks was back to under Grange Rd in the underpass.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:32 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

The Bedge wrote:Curious though, how long until people say enough is enough around this quarantine stuff - one person gets sick, and the whole organisation around them must shut down and self isolate.

Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


It's getting bad everywhere, this morning I went for a piss and my colleague refused to partake in a sword fight at the urinal.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:It's getting bad everywhere, this morning I went for a piss and my colleague refused to partake in a sword fight at the urinal.

Knew he was gonna lose.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:12 am

The Bedge wrote:Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


That's what happened in Italy and now the bodies are now piling up
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21362
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 940 times
Been liked: 2223 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 am

Q. wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


That's what happened in Italy and now the bodies are now piling up

So for how long will people have to live like hermits? :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


That's what happened in Italy and now the bodies are now piling up

So for how long will people have to live like hermits? :(
A couple of weeks. Need to nip it in the bud now and not put loads on hospitals
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40963
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2557 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Curious though, how long until people say enough is enough around this quarantine stuff - one person gets sick, and the whole organisation around them must shut down and self isolate.

Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


It's getting bad everywhere, this morning I went for a piss and my colleague refused to partake in a sword fight at the urinal.


You were in the female toilets again
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8089
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1484 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


That's what happened in Italy and now the bodies are now piling up

So for how long will people have to live like hermits? :(
A couple of weeks. Need to nip it in the bud now and not put loads on hospitals


Great explanation of social distancing technique here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21362
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 940 times
Been liked: 2223 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Curious though, how long until people say enough is enough around this quarantine stuff - one person gets sick, and the whole organisation around them must shut down and self isolate.

Surely it will reach a point where people just say **** it and continue on with normal everyday life?


It's getting bad everywhere, this morning I went for a piss and my colleague refused to partake in a sword fight at the urinal.

Was there any paper in the stalls?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10192
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 999 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 am

amber_fluid wrote:
You were in the female toilets again

They have 3 ply and Palmolive Foam hand wash.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:42 am

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
It's getting bad everywhere, this morning I went for a piss and my colleague refused to partake in a sword fight at the urinal.

Was there any paper in the stalls?

None in mine that I could see.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4894 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 am

Q. wrote:Great explanation of social distancing technique here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

^ that is the coolest thing I've seen on the interwebs all month!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10192
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 999 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests