COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi all. If the weekend serves as an example, it is timely to pre-empt a flurry of phone calls and or emails in the next 24 hours and ask if for the short term you could allow us some space to navigate what is a very fluid challenge given we do not have any clearer answers than what we have provided to date.

That said, The League has been privy to a precis of discussions over the weekend as the football Industry arrives at its own position in what we hope will be a clearer set of reference points of what not only the Adelaide Footy League but affiliated leagues across Australia to refer.

The AdFL Executive Committee have determined a need to convene on Tuesday Morning to consider our own position not withstanding any other direction from either the Federal and or State Governments, the AFL or the SANFL in the meantime.

It is our aim to offer a position for you to refer if only answers to short term challenges by midday Tuesday and then and only then we may be able to offer some direction for both the short and long terms.

We understand these are uncertain times though we are doing our best to collaborate with state and national bodies to allow the Volunteers and Players of our member clubs some understanding of where we are given we are on the eve of another footy season.

Regards

John Kernahan | Chief Executive Officer
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Trader » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:40 pm

So the prevailing thought is they'll pull the pin on the first half of the season, play everyone once and then rolll into finals from there.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:57 pm

Trader wrote:So the prevailing thought is they'll pull the pin on the first half of the season, play everyone once and then rolll into finals from there.


Good call. At the very least, all trainings, trials games and round 1 cancelled. Re-assess situation at Easter.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21377
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 940 times
Been liked: 2225 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: COVID-19

Postby Trader » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:07 pm

Its not an easy call to make.

There will be a lot clubs that require income from 9 home games to pay coaches and players.
If these players aren't getting paid for the first 9 rounds, they might jump ship to another league. If they are getting paid, the clubs will go bust.
It's going to be a huge call to pull the pin.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Trader wrote:Its not an easy call to make.

There will be a lot clubs that require income from 9 home games to pay coaches and players.
If these players aren't getting paid for the first 9 rounds, they might jump ship to another league. If they are getting paid, the clubs will go bust.
It's going to be a huge call to pull the pin.


Every league will be in the same boat. No one is jumping ship to other leagues. If you ain’t training or playing you can’t seriously expect to get paid.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5368
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 542 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:20 am

AdFL will be the benchmark.. what ever they do, every other league will likely follow suit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am

Umpiring over the weekend gave me no confidence that the season will go ahead as per schedule.

Players didn't know whether to shake hands or not yet they just spent the previous two hours tackling each other, the main issue though is the non-sharing of drink bottles, it's simply uncontainable, I took my own bottle and finished it by half time, I'm a bit unfit atm and was gasping at times as it was warm, the players were struggling too.

Mind you, I can see in the next few weeks the country enforcing a self isolation for a fortnight for containment so it will be a null and void topic.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:03 am

My mail is we may know more by lunch time today..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:07 am

The Bedge wrote:AdFL will be the benchmark.. what ever they do, every other league will likely follow suit.
Seeing as though other leagues get more than 2 cats and a dog to rock up and watch I’d hope they are acting on the governments advice ;)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 am

Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 am

The Bedge wrote:Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;)
As I said the BL&G should be acting on government advice not some clowns advice from the AdFL. As it stands the government has advised against crowds of 500 or more so the BL&G and most other country leagues would have to suspend the season. AdFL can play on ;)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID-19

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 am

The Bedge wrote:Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;)

I'd imagine even the smallest regional comps would get over 500 people each week at any given game.

You've gotta give credit to the AdFL, they have been on the front foot right from the get-go with their recommendations and awareness, some might find their guidelines over the top but they have the players and officials welfare as their number 1 priority, they've certainly done their homework and target areas that most wouldn't of considered.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby S Demon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:44 am

The VFL look like they’re the first to suspend the season..
User avatar
S Demon
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:44 am
Location: The Doghouse
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 332 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: COVID-19

Postby BigB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:02 am

Local footy crowds are not huge and tend to be dispersed around the ground. Not like sitting in a crammed stadium. So risk is lower, but not zero.
If everyone takes personal responsibility for their social behaviors it won't be a major source of cross contamination, but everything's on the table for now.
The question is, if a footy club is denied it's income for even part of the year, what compensation will apply? Do we qualify as a small business and get some assistance? Some clubs could go to the wall if they are unable to operate a bar, events etc.
Tough times.
BigB
Member
 
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Re: COVID-19

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:08 am

BigB wrote:Local footy crowds are not huge and tend to be dispersed around the ground. Not like sitting in a crammed stadium. So risk is lower, but not zero.
If everyone takes personal responsibility for their social behaviors it won't be a major source of cross contamination, but everything's on the table for now.
The question is, if a footy club is denied it's income for even part of the year, what compensation will apply? Do we qualify as a small business and get some assistance? Some clubs could go to the wall if they are unable to operate a bar, events etc.
Tough times.

Same same mate, everyone will visit the dunny at some stage, go to the canteen, walk past each other.

People frequent shopping centres, at a guess they'd be the most likely breeding ground for the virus to spread, touching atm's, pushing shopping trolleys, opening toilet doors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39090
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2723 times
Been liked: 4896 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:16 am

Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;)
As I said the BL&G should be acting on government advice not some clowns advice from the AdFL. As it stands the government has advised against crowds of 500 or more so the BL&G and most other country leagues would have to suspend the season. AdFL can play on ;)


Tell me Jim, who's the clown from the AdFL?

and do you really think that this clown makes up his or her own advice, as opposed to acting on Government or AFL protocols.

and finally, there are waaaay more than 2 dogs that go to games but are you're off your rocker if you think that cats actually go to football matches ;) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 25434
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1368 times
Been liked: 1869 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 am

BigB wrote:Local footy crowds are not huge and tend to be dispersed around the ground. Not like sitting in a crammed stadium. So risk is lower, but not zero.
If everyone takes personal responsibility for their social behaviors it won't be a major source of cross contamination, but everything's on the table for now.
The question is, if a footy club is denied it's income for even part of the year, what compensation will apply? Do we qualify as a small business and get some assistance? Some clubs could go to the wall if they are unable to operate a bar, events etc.
Tough times.


Pretty much nil expenses if they are not playing or training, whats the issue? Unless you have paid sign on fees (against the rules) or are paying players per season rather than per game
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9256
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1759 times
Been liked: 1299 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 am

Footy Chick wrote:you're off your rocker if you think that cats actually go to football matches ;) :lol:

Dunno, I've played against a few pussies in my time. 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2573 times
Been liked: 2682 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;)
As I said the BL&G should be acting on government advice not some clowns advice from the AdFL. As it stands the government has advised against crowds of 500 or more so the BL&G and most other country leagues would have to suspend the season. AdFL can play on ;)


Tell me Jim, who's the clown from the AdFL?

and do you really think that this clown makes up his or her own advice, as opposed to acting on Government or AFL protocols.

and finally, there are waaaay more than 2 dogs that go to games but are you're off your rocker if you think that cats actually go to football matches ;) :lol:
I meant clowns as in plural.
You would be very surprised at the contempt most people in the country have for your precious league.
The country leagues should be basing their decisions solely on what the government says
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40971
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: COVID-19

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:24 am

S Demon wrote:The VFL look like they’re the first to suspend the season..


Purely to maximise the overlords chances of playing through it
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9256
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1759 times
Been liked: 1299 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest