Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Victoria closing down all non essential industry over the next 48hrs with NSW to do likewise

unnecassary, what is non essential? Agriculture, business related to Agriculture, factories that process Ag? Are some items of AG considered non essential like Advocados, grapes, nuts, wine, bacon etc etc

It would be extremely subjective, because any fruits you'd think would be essential, it is only the way avocado is marketed that gives it a bad name. I don't eat it but my family has been well before it became what it is.
Unsalted, raw nuts are a recommended part of the diet. Beer nuts? Maybe not!!
Bacon has become a staple, but is not essential.
Wine would have to be a non-essential, even though it probably keeps a number of towns strong.
It sounds like you are in the wine industry Daisy?

More of a possibility would be rationing. Do people need one chop, two, three? Looking around, wouldn't hurt a few people.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:28 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Victoria closing down all non essential industry over the next 48hrs with NSW to do likewise

unnecassary, what is non essential? Agriculture, business related to Agriculture, factories that process Ag? Are some items of AG considered non essential like Advocados, grapes, nuts, wine, bacon etc etc

It would be extremely subjective, because any fruits you'd think would be essential, it is only the way avocado is marketed that gives it a bad name. I don't eat it but my family has been well before it became what it is.
Wine would have to be a non-essential, even though it probably keeps a number of towns strong.

More of a possibility would be rationing. Do people need one chop, two, three? Looking around, wouldn't hurt a few people.

I said to a bloke in the supermarket a week or so ago we would all be going on a diet... seems I was right. Off to Dans soon for more pi55 I think!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:31 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The Ag, Food & Wine chain is considered essential and all logistics and freight associated with it would be exempt.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Corona Man wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I said to a bloke in the supermarket a week or so ago we would all be going on a diet... seems I was right. Off to Dans soon for more pi55 I think!
Some of us could use a diet....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Q. wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The Ag, Food & Wine chain is considered essential and all logistics and freight associated with it would be exempt.

Good news, our company supplies, indirectly to all of those.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

The number of coronavirus cases in SA has jumped by 33 today. The state total is now 100. This is going to spread 'locally'.

22/03/2020 3:45pm

Confirmed-1,349
Total Deaths-7

New Today-276

NSW-533 - 6 deaths
QLD-259
VIC-296
SA-100*
WA-120 - 1 death
TAS- 17
ACT-19
NT-5

Recovered-91

*denotes new number
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Q. wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Yeah, it would be ridiculous to think of it in such a granular way.
Last edited by FlyingHigh on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:47 pm

91 recoveries is the good news here, like that to be reported a bit more widely.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:91 recoveries is the good news here, like that to be reported a bit more widely.

A no knew deaths either.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Corona Man wrote:91 recoveries is the good news here, like that to be reported a bit more widely.

Agree, but also what is "recovered"? Are there any further or continual implications, maybe continued fatigue or the like?
And those who haven't recovered? How many are considered serious compare to at-home recovery?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:56 pm

Most heartbreaking story ive heard personally was my best mate has been fighting for 3 years to see his 3 young boys (10,7,5). The ex took off to Brisbane and changed her name/address etc etc.

Took them 1 year to find her and then 1.5 years after a variety of court battles he got the right to see them again. The last 6 months he has been flying to Queensland once a month to rebuild the relationship with them.

His now lost that again for who knows how long!!! If he has to go in lockdown for 14 days each time he comes back he wont be able to afford to fly back up there.

I'm genuinely concerned for him, literally broke down on the phone to me a few minutes ago and started mentioning things he wanted to do to himself. I've rang some other close mates to get around to his place ASAP who live close by.

Im absolutely gutted for him and puts my own situation in serious perspective.
whufc
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:26 pm

ps. alot of the older adults i've discussed this with would rather take the risk than see their children/grand children live in a country with no hope, no future.

Its these sort of comments that piss me off!
Sure we're going to take some pain over this, but we've bounced back from 2 world wars and 2 severe depressions in the past and will do again.
That comment has a hidden agenda. #uck it let's live for the now, kids have no future anyway.
Defeatist bullshit!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:41 pm

tigerpie wrote:ps. alot of the older adults i've discussed this with would rather take the risk than see their children/grand children live in a country with no hope, no future.

Its these sort of comments that piss me off!
Sure we're going to take some pain over this, but we've bounced back from 2 world wars and 2 severe depressions in the past and will do again.
That comment has a hidden agenda. #uck it let's live for the now, kids have no future anyway.
Defeatist bullshit!

I think pain will be an understatement.

I have no issue admitting that as a father of 3 i believe there is a balance with how we much are willing to affect the future generation. Like i said i have heard many older generation say the exact same thing to me this week as well.

That doesn't meant i dont think we should wipe our hands of the situation at present. I agree with the self isolation, i agree with the flights being cancelled, i agree with people coming into the country having to self isolate for 14 days.

Like i said i believe lockdown is extremly underestimated. Keeping in mind home detention is a punishment we use for criminals etc. I feel for those people who live by themselves who may see months of a form of solidarity confinement.

Lockdown isnt the holiday people think it is going to be especially if it drags on for months.

The below article reflects somewhat of my views.

https://theweek.com/articles/903343/cor ... cal-crisis
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Yeah certainly am in the wine industry. The grapes need to be processed now otherwise there will be nothing to lead the recovery in 6 -12 months time. SA is very relient on the wine industry and whole regions not just towns are very dependent on it.
Maybe its a case of having a lock in at work to keep the place going, may as well be stuck at work as stuck at home, no difference really.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Yeah certainly am in the wine industry. The grapes need to be processed now otherwise there will be nothing to lead the recovery in 6 -12 months time. SA is very relient on the wine industry and whole regions not just towns are very dependent on it.
Maybe its a case of having a lock in at work to keep the place going, may as well be stuck at work as stuck at home, no difference really.

Yep Clare might as well shut up shop and being a third world shanty village if the wine industry is shut down. This whole town revolves around the wine industry and you cant simply say hey 'just grow them in 3 months time' etc. It doesnt work like that.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Government will need their tax from smokes and grog now more than ever. I don’t know anything about wine making or how difficult it would be to continue in a CoVid safe manner, but as Days said it would be a critical industry for SA you’d think?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:28 pm

And GST ???
Will that have to increase?

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And GST ???

Widen the list of GST items????
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And GST ???

Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Also from what Ive heard this vintage is only going to be average at best, is that correct?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion